$5 Million More

Thread: $5 Million More

$5 Million More

So no chatter on the shurf's budget increase request? Deputies fully deserve a 3% cost of living no question about that. But after the shurf went all out roasting the BOCC over the CBD gas leak and explosion, I don't know if anything else Morgan wants would even be considered. Best not to bite the hand that feeds you ya know. A lesson the sheriff has yet to learn time and time again. ops:

Re: $5 Million More

Imagine how many commanders he could promote with that request.

Lets see Commander 1st class, Master Commander , Commander General , Jr assistant Chief Deputy,,,

They deserve to be roasted. Actions have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    They deserve to be roasted. Actions have consequences.
    If by roasted you mean tarred, feathered and placed into stocks so employees could throw rotten fruit and eggs at them then yes, they deserve to be roasted.

Personally, I'd rather keep working with the staffing levels we have and take a 5 or 10% raise than hire 15 more deputies and get no raise. More deputies will shorten our response times and lighten the load, and no doubt crime would go down some, but it doesn't help pay the bills for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by maybe selfish
    Personally, I'd rather keep working with the staffing levels we have and take a 5 or 10% raise than hire 15 more deputies and get no raise. More deputies will shorten our response times and lighten the load, and no doubt crime would go down some, but it doesn't help pay the bills for the rest of us.

Well lets see, they disbanded Tac and put them on shifts, so did anyone have to work less and did it allow everyone to be able to take off if they wanted? I think it is great that the BOCC is considering giving the 15 deputies positions, but if we have 12 shifts and 4 substations not to mention investigations and Civil that are also short, 15 won't go very far. That is if they can fill every open position and the 15 new ones in a year. I still don't think it will be enough to make an impact on workload or relief for time off. As fast as we wash out trainees and deny applicants we will never see the deputies. Give a raise to address pay equity and maybe we can keep and attract good deputies.

Haines wants money to pay for overtime. He said they have no overtime budget. Then an email comes out looking for deputies and a Sgt to work clean sweep for paid overtime. No overtime budget? I guess it was cost effective to abolish TAC