Frank Fernandez is leaving - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Frank Fernandez is leaving

Quote Originally Posted by guest7
    "all the home invasions going on in Hollywood?" How many? I know of at least 3 done by HPD officers allegedly in the line of duty. My favorite was when a guy comes home to find 3 officers in his home and they say they came because his alarm had gone off....except that the alarm wasn't working. A lot of officers seem to make the case that you have to violate the law to protect the law. That's idiotic.
    Was there a call to the house, Did you check with dispatch? Do you know what policy is when an officer finds an open door to a house where they are sent to? And if there was a child abductor in there with a child should the police walk away and not check and make sure there is not a crime being committed? See something similar happened to Pauly Klass when she was abducted raped and murdered. The police checked out with the suspect from just let him walk away with a smile and a handshake. Polly Klaas was tied up near by still alive. After the officers left, the abductor killed the girl. Sounds like a FF response to me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Polly_Klaas

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by guest7
    "all the home invasions going on in Hollywood?" How many? I know of at least 3 done by HPD officers allegedly in the line of duty. My favorite was when a guy comes home to find 3 officers in his home and they say they came because his alarm had gone off....except that the alarm wasn't working. A lot of officers seem to make the case that you have to violate the law to protect the law. That's idiotic.
    Was there a call to the house, Did you check with dispatch? Do you know what policy is when an officer finds an open door to a house where they are sent to? And if there was a child abductor in there with a child should the police walk away and not check and make sure there is not a crime being committed? See something similar happened to Pauly Klass when she was abducted raped and murdered. The police checked out with the suspect from just let him walk away with a smile and a handshake. Polly Klaas was tied up near by still alive. After the officers left, the abductor killed the girl. Sounds like a FF response to me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Polly_Klaas
    FF isn't leaving because no one else is as stupid as our city manager who hired him.

As much as a few of you cry about Frank, you deserve him and more. Everything is always somebody else's fault. Not your own. So he not a personable guys. Who cares! Try doing your job for once instead *****ing. No I don't know him nor ever lived in Miami. So save your wit for your buddies or someone that gives a damn. It's always the same thing with the few who always post here. If you don't agree with them or the union. They have crap to say. Man up children, go to a City Hall meeting and ***** in person. Forget the union they have their own reasons for the way they are. It doesn't include many of us here.
    No-one holding a gun to your head and making you stay. Leave if you think the grass is greener on the other side. I'm sure with all your greatness and such, many Departments or Sheriff office would love to have you come in and tell them also what they are doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by guess
    As much as a few of you cry about Frank, you deserve him and more. Everything is always somebody else's fault. Not your own. So he not a personable guys. Who cares! Try doing your job for once instead *****ing. No I don't know him nor ever lived in Miami. So save your wit for your buddies or someone that gives a damn. It's always the same thing with the few who always post here. If you don't agree with them or the union. They have crap to say. Man up children, go to a City Hall meeting and ***** in person. Forget the union they have their own reasons for the way they are. It doesn't include many of us here.
    No-one holding a gun to your head and making you stay. Leave if you think the grass is greener on the other side. I'm sure with all your greatness and such, many Departments or Sheriff office would love to have you come in and tell them also what they are doing wrong.
    And if you don't like what is written you don't have to read it anymore. Go away and stop crying about what is written here. Take your own advise.

And if you don't like what is written you don't have to read it anymore. Go away and stop crying about what is written here. Take your own advise.
    Couldn't have said it any better. Guess is in the minority. If you don't like what you read and hear from the majority of officers, you don't have to come to this site and read the truth about the worst Chief in South Florida who doesn't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Wrong
    Couldn't have said it any better. Guess is in the minority. If you don't like what you read and hear from the majority of officers, you don't have to come to this site and read the truth about the worst Chief in South Florida who doesn't have a clue.

Our union has spoken. Guess your on the right path. All you have coming on here is the union and a few loyal followers. If any stand up against them or have an opinion that is not theirs. They will jump on you with both feet. Their are not as many officers as these two jerks claim that are having a hard time of it under Frank. Most that are want it back to the way it was. Doing as they pleased. Having no accountability. Yes lets blame others for the spike in crime. Truth be told most of these guys need to leave, they are useless as a cop. Only reason they don't cause they CAN NOT get hired on anywhere else. If they could they would have left, instead of everyday coming here and *****ing. Were all accountable for our actions and inactions. Except the few and the union. That's why their is so much *****ing cause now they have to be.
    So children in closing. Why not do as guess stated go to a City Hall meeting and air you complaints there? No you won't. Cowards that hind behind a keyboard and talk crap. Makes me proud to put on my uniform everyday and know I have to work around little children, that cry and put others down. The ones posting about the spike in crime and it's Frank's fault, when the crime was happening where were YOU?
    Now a little lesson for our union and their followers. Most crimes are a crime of opportunity or a crime of passion. Crimes of passion no matter how may officers you have out in the field, you cant stop. It will happen. Crimes of opportunity, are generally done by someone known to the victim, their habits, when they are around. Of course you also have the ones drug addicts do. To support their habits. They is no way to foretell when and where they are going to it. So lets blame Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by car6

Our union has spoken. Guess your on the right path. All you have coming on here is the union and a few loyal followers. If any stand up against them or have an opinion that is not theirs. They will jump on you with both feet. Their are not as many officers as these two jerks claim that are having a hard time of it under Frank. Most that are want it back to the way it was. Doing as they pleased. Having no accountability. Yes lets blame others for the spike in crime. Truth be told most of these guys need to leave, they are useless as a cop. Only reason they don't cause they CAN NOT get hired on anywhere else. If they could they would have left, instead of everyday coming here and *****ing. Were all accountable for our actions and inactions. Except the few and the union. That's why their is so much *****ing cause now they have to be.
    So children in closing. Why not do as guess stated go to a City Hall meeting and air you complaints there? No you won't. Cowards that hind behind a keyboard and talk crap. Makes me proud to put on my uniform everyday and know I have to work around little children, that cry and put others down. The ones posting about the spike in crime and it's Frank's fault, when the crime was happening where were YOU?
    Now a little lesson for our union and their followers. Most crimes are a crime of opportunity or a crime of passion. Crimes of passion no matter how may officers you have out in the field, you cant stop. It will happen. Crimes of opportunity, are generally done by someone known to the victim, their habits, when they are around. Of course you also have the ones drug addicts do. To support their habits. They is no way to foretell when and where they are going to it. So lets blame Frank.

Forget what the union says Einstein , maybe the spike in crime its because of his decisions to weaken units that specifically target and provide intelligence about the same crimes of "opportunity" and gave those assets a bike and pretty neon blue shirts. Yes, there is a morale problem.

Frank would not have been hired anywhere as Chief because of his horrible reputation from Dade County. His crime-fighting strategy is what has caused a spike in crime, and crime will continue to increase because of his lack of leadership and his decision to reduce training for new recruits and hire poorly qualified ones as well.

[quote=Guess Wrong]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guess Wrong":3la23nox
    Frank would not have been hired anywhere as Chief because of his horrible reputation from Dade County. His crime-fighting strategy is what has caused a spike in crime, and crime will continue to increase because of his lack of leadership and his decision to reduce training for new recruits and hire poorly qualified ones as well.
    [/quote:3la23nox] Crime prevention is possible. Ask Rudi Guilliani who famously lowered crime in NY with his policies and leadership. If you do not know that crime can be curtailed through better policing policy than you have no business being a cop until you educate yourself a little better. You are familiar with DCF and their policies or lack there of? Exclusively pointed out as failures in the child death rate. Leadership and policy can help or hurt a community curb crime. Right now FF is hurting all of Hollywood. I am not a FF hater, I am a hater of his lack of leadership and knowledge in curtailing crime. If he changed his policies and addressed violent crime the proven effective way then I would not be so discouraged by FF's actions.

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guess Wrong":3iop6ns3
    As much as a few of you cry about Frank, you deserve him and more. Everything is always somebody else's fault. Not your own. So he not a personable guys. Who cares! Try doing your job for once instead *****ing. No I don't know him nor ever lived in Miami. So save your wit for your buddies or someone that gives a damn. It's always the same thing with the few who always post here. If you don't agree with them or the union. They have crap to say. Man up children, go to a City Hall meeting and ***** in person. You are obviously someone new. You do not have the right to publically speak against city hall or their actions. Police officers do not have freedom of speech against their employer according to the City Attorney. Officers have been warned and threatened against such open speech. Even as Hollywood residents, they were warned they could not openly criticize the city or police dept or face negative consequences. Ask your Union rep who these people were who did exactly what you said and were threatened. The officers threatened will verify this is the truth. Forget the union they have their own reasons for the way they are. It doesn't include many of us here.
    Crime prevention is possible. Ask Rudi Guilliani who famously lowered crime in NY with his policies and leadership. If you do not know that crime can be curtailed through better policing policy than you have no business being a cop until you educate yourself a little better. You are familiar with DCF and their policies or lack there of? Exclusively pointed out as failures in the child death rate. Leadership and policy can help or hurt a community curb crime. Right now FF is hurting all of Hollywood. I am not a FF hater, I am a hater of his lack of leadership and knowledge in curtailing crime. If he changed his policies and addressed violent crime the proven effective way then I would not be so discouraged by FF's actions.[/quote:3iop6ns3]

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast