HCSO Captain on leave during investigation - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Unregistered
    same sheriff who covered up her brother committing sexual battery against family members that came out while she is in Office.. so I guess she doesn't have to worry.. he is no longer on our planet to harm family children he encountered.. Their investigation unit also had that case that was white washed.. if they only looked even further with other family members..

Oh... that would have embarrassed the sheriff.. sorry!

Unregistered
    You could possibly be able to breath easier in a couple years. A new sheriff will take office. Maybe even one from outside the agency. When the new change takes place, you will have a voice again. I would like to see a positive connection between admin and street level deputies. I have plans that will benefit everyone. You always expect some will resist change and try to get a current HCSO deputy elected. But I truly believe a change is necessary.

Unregistered
    I agree.. the mentality in this area and Sebring.. well lets just say its time for the good old boys and girls to move on. You even have a Fire Chief in position who had a hang mans noose visible in his office displayed proudly.. and with all his past comments about hard working minorities.. they kept him employed. This just a tip of the ice berg this area really needs to sweep clean with new blood and those who actually look out for the Deputies and others.

Unregistered
    Make sure to place information in the blog below this one asking what you would like to see in your agency. It looks like a gathering of positive information. Get others to put information in the blog so I can learn more about what you would like to see change. Please, like I have said throughout the blog, please give ideas that can actually be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree.. the mentality in this area and Sebring.. well lets just say its time for the good old boys and girls to move on. You even have a Fire Chief in position who had a hang mans noose visible in his office displayed proudly.. and with all his past comments about hard working minorities.. they kept him employed. This just a tip of the ice berg this area really needs to sweep clean with new blood and those who actually look out for the Deputies and others.

Unregistered
    1. Scrap accredidation. Waste of time, money, resources, and adds pointless policies and procedures. Adds beauracracy and restricts members from effectively doing their job.

2. Cut the number of administrators. HCSO is too top heavy. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.

3. HCSO needs "Pro-cop" policies and administrators. Put effective administrators that have not forgot what it means to be a patrol deputy. It is not just an HCSO problem though. I see many agencies that have a huge gap between admin and patrol.

4. Promote a positive work environment. All divisions work together, promote good relations with neighboring agencies.

Those are my 2 cents. I am sure I will get flamed but oh well. Won't be the first time and definitely not the last.

UnregisteredOK!

Glad to see him well

The Capt returns after beating a Cancer that kills most people. He is put Back where he belongs to run a division that needs his superior skills as a supervisor.
    Wow is all I can say....

Really !!!

Unregistered
    1. Scrap accredidation. Waste of time, money, resources, and adds pointless policies and procedures. Adds beauracracy and restricts members from effectively doing their job.

2. Cut the number of administrators. HCSO is too top heavy. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.

3. HCSO needs "Pro-cop" policies and administrators. Put effective administrators that have not forgot what it means to be a patrol deputy. It is not just an HCSO problem though. I see many agencies that have a huge gap between admin and patrol.

4. Promote a positive work environment. All divisions work together, promote good relations with neighboring agencies.

Those are my 2 cents. I am sure I will get flamed but oh well. Won't be the first time and definitely not the last.
    Really some nice ideas.

I can recall that all the Sheriffs and Chiefs promoted the CALEA idea as a way for professionalism and a way for all agencies to be on the same page and that with accreditation it would be portable to any agency and help with law suits.. and this is when it first came out. The agency I was with was the first in our County with it.. turned out it is exactly what you said a waste and ever evolving machine that now has to be fed with time, expense and money for things we could have just done in house. It is a way for those involved keep getting paid for inspections and well good old boys club crap!

Once again great suggestions.. and when you get a cops cop in with staff.. because they don't do political stuff.. they will always be on the outs.

Unregistered

I will agree with #1...I work in a neighboring county that just gained its
    9th accreditation and let me tell you, heads and egos are getting bigger and as a result the bureaucracy is getting worse. The gap between supervision and patrol continues to grow and you can't make a decision on your own anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234