Jurisdiction Over Hostile Work Actions at SSO???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

Jurisdiction Over Hostile Work Actions at SSO???

The title ends with question marks, because none of you Leo's have replied with your full legal picture. Thus, I can only go on the information I've read in your Union Contract, plus the information furnished by one poster. The poster said that you Leo's had agreed to suspend the provisions of your contract in lieu of Sheriff Knight's pay raise. This is the only information I have about your situation. But I thought since time is of the essence, you Leo's should be privy to this information and discuss it among yourselves.

If anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate.

FREE OFFER TO SSO LEO'S

There's a free offer I make to all Leo's at SSO. Gratis, I will do legal research via my fabulous WestLaw research tool (a few clicks and you have your answer) and will represent any SSO, hostile-workplace practice, as a non-lawyer, qualified representative, before the Division of Administrative Hearings ("DOAH") for free while, I believe, it has jurisdiction. That is, until September, when your contract comes up for renewal. Your contract, when in force, precludes DOAH jurisdiction. And this is something you should have your bargaining unit change in your next contract. DON'T GO WITHOUT DOAH JURISDICTION OVER YOUR PERSONNEL MATTERS.

So right now, for a short time, you've got a blessing in disguise under your noses. Unfortunately, some authority must verify the underlying premises, that is the purported pay raise and suspension of Union provisions: If, and only if, DOAH jurisdiction is not precluded, while Sheriff Knight thought he had you giving away rights, the truth is he led with his chin, because DOAH far outdoes any other remedy when it comes to agency misconduct and you "substantially affected" Leo's on questions of hostile work practices. Little known remedies are well known to this poster.

Without all the facts, if this interpretation is accurate, DOAH, the no-nonsense, politically neutral, adjudicatory body that hears agency cases under the Governor, has jurisdiction. I've practiced as a non-lawyer, qualified representative before DOAH since it was constituted in 1974. To see an example of smashing legal power, see my landmark case at
    https://www.doah.state.fl.us/ROS/1976/76001475.PDF Custom Software declared non-taxable under Florida's Sales and Use Tax (Chapter 212, Fla.Stats.). The decent Governor Askew and his Cabinet invited me to Tallahassee and signed off on the Order in my presence. At such a young age, I could hardly believe what I was seeing. The decision has controlled ever since.

So you see, I have a track record and an understanding of some pretty powerful stuff which can be wielded quickly and at no cost for your benefit. You Leo's are the ones who risk your lives on the job each day. Insure a non-political, non-hostile, work environment. Don't let them push you Leo's around. And at the bargaining table, make provision for DOAH jurisdiction as a valuable consideration to all you Leo's.

Florida Bar Directive: This poster is not a lawyer licensed in Florida nor does he have any legal expertise. For legal advice, see your attorney licensed by The Florida Bar.

Re: Jurisdiction Over Hostile Work Actions at SSO???

If anybody were to take you up in your offer, they would be set up for failure and set up to be fired under progressive discipline. As a classic example, Chris Iorio was set up for failure with bogus allegations and Mr. Knight then suspended him for a couple of days without pay as retaliation for his whistleblowing. Is it fair? No. But that's the way it is here in Florida. Whoever the elected sheriff is has absolute dictatorial control over employment and punishment in the agency. If an employee is not doing anything wrong and if Mr. Knight wants to get him, no worries and no problem, because Bogus allegations will magically appear against the employee. On the other hand, Mr. Knight and his henchmen cover for the golden children, such as Charlie Casper. Rick Matola wanted to suspend him for making prejudicial remarks against minorities, but Mr. Knight did not want to. And of course there's the Ron Locke case and the Kevin Mccaylea a case and the John Walsh case and the list is endless. This place is bass backwards.

Don't go away mad, just GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Don't go away mad, just GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
    Only in your dreams!

First gang, let me address Ms. Amurrio, who has a jaded view of Constitutional America. I'm championing the same social justice, just not devoted to you in this thread. From the Board, I've learned there's plenty of social justice wanting at SSO. My feeling is, yes, I beat too loud a drum on this Board about you, given the many other injustices felt here. So I've turned my attention to giving of myself to the Deputies who risk their lives, the ones who have nothing to do with decisions regarding you. Ms. Amurrio, you've got to rid yourself of those Bolivian, cultural mores. When it comes to social justice, you ain't the only show in town.

If anybody were to take you up in your offer, they would be set up for failure and set up to be fired under progressive discipline. As a classic example, Chris Iorio was set up for failure with bogus allegations and Mr. Knight then suspended him for a couple of days without pay as retaliation for his whistleblowing. Is it fair? No. But that's the way it is here in Florida. Whoever the elected sheriff is has absolute dictatorial control over employment and punishment in the agency. If an employee is not doing anything wrong and if Mr. Knight wants to get him, no worries and no problem, because Bogus allegations will magically appear against the employee. On the other hand, Mr. Knight and his henchmen cover for the golden children, such as Charlie Casper. Rick Matola wanted to suspend him for making prejudicial remarks against minorities, but Mr. Knight did not want to. And of course there's the Ron Locke case and the Kevin Mccaylea a case and the John Walsh case and the list is endless. This place is bass backwards.
    Thanks so much for your post. Few miracles are ever achieved easily. And of course, we want to protect all jobs. First thing you Deputies do is get your bargaining unit to insist on parallel jurisdiction by the Division of Administrative Hearings over SSO personnel action. Make sure it's put into your contract as front line relief like a grievance. This will eliminate your having to exhaust other remedies just to get there. Please believe me when I say that invoking the Division of Administrative Hearings and the relief it can give is a giant leap beyond your present two methods of recourse.

Let me give you an example from my play book. My case occurred at a different time -- 1976 -- when honorable Governor Askew was at the helm. I had to style my case against the Governor and the Cabinet, Nova v. Askew et al. (explanation of and link to the case above; link to Computrworld Article about it below). Nova was the corporate entity through which I was doing business. When I won, the entire situation turned around. I was invited to Tallahassee. The Governor and Cabinet approved my Order. The Department of Revenue then began consulting me as the expert on like taxes.

PLEASE SEE:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=k1I...rld%22&f=false

Now, I'm not saying Sheriff Knight will embrace you similarly, but he will have respect for your legal position and your potential to bring about big change in relatively small actions. Leverage is the key to eliminating a hostile work environment. I am only one individual. You Deputies have a powerful Union, more so when you add DOAH jurisdiction. For actions brought before DOAH on hostile work environment issues, none of you must be the party petitioner. You could do it all through your Union while remaining nameless in the background. Reimbursed transportation cost, I'd be pleased to share my views with your Union, gratis.

If your Union gets wise to the techniques, you could shift the balance of power between SSO and Union. Trouble is, DOAH law is not well understood among the legal community at large. I'm sure there are expert law firms in Tallahassee & perhaps elsewhere that know the procedures I'm contemplating. Maybe not. Maybe I have a unique idea in mind as was the case in 1976. Similar procedures but different conceptualization of the factual issues. It's hard to say in these matters when one is breaking new legal ground.

Ms. Amurrio, always happy, I'm not going away. I'm heartened to show my brand of social justice to Leo Deputies for their benefit. With you, I've only just begun -- but not here. Post your comments on the top thread, if you'll be so kind as to not burden the Deputies. LeoAffairs wants it that way and so do I.

Florida Bar Directive: This poster is not an attorney licensed by The Florida Bar and has no legal expertise. For legal advice, contact your member of The Florida Bar.

Hahahahahahahahaha.....What a clueless idiot!!!!!!

Never heard of "Amuria", just a deputy who is tired of your pompus garbage clogging up our board.

:snicker:

I must say that I do not post on this site often, but when I do it is for a good reason. In my opinion only you have some mental health issues that you need to deal with. If you are trying to make "legitimate" argument about a legal investigation this is the worst place to do it. The fact that you are posting on this site about such an "important" issue only ensures to the rest of the world that you may be off a little off. I feel sorry for the family of the deceased , but after reading through the garbage, I feel that your have taken any and all credibility away from any real argument that have been presented. I feel that you should be banned from this site forever. This is only an opinion and please take it for what it is. If you "really" want to help these people stop posting here. You look foolish.

I must say that I do not post on this site often, but when I do it is for a good reason. In my opinion only you have some mental health issues that you need to deal with. If you are trying to make "legitimate" argument about a legal investigation this is the worst place to do it. The fact that you are posting on this site about such an "important" issue only ensures to the rest of the world that you may be off a little off. I feel sorry for the family of the deceased , but after reading through the garbage, I feel that your have taken any and all credibility away from any real argument that have been presented. I feel that you should be banned from this site forever. This is only an opinion and please take it for what it is. If you "really" want to help these people stop posting here. You look foolish.
    Take your monologue to the top thread. Read the Leo guideline about where your post is required to be situated. I'll be pleased to respectfully respond there.

In the meantime, this is all about a hostile, SSO, work environment and a suggested means of relief. Nothing within speaks of the matter you're misapplying down the Board.

The best way to create an ethical organization is by promoting ethical administrators, rewarding morally courageous behavior and providing clear organizational policies that emphasize reaching noble goals by honest means. That is completely absent under the Knight administration and the people that have been promoted into his inner circle. To become an excellent agency, there must be an element of ethics that are a part of the beliefs, values, and principles of the organization.

If anybody were to take you up in your offer, they would be set up for failure and set up to be fired under progressive discipline. As a classic example, Chris Iorio was set up for failure with bogus allegations and Mr. Knight then suspended him for a couple of days without pay as retaliation for his whistleblowing. Is it fair? No.
    Some of the hardest decisions one may face in a career involve going against superiors or peers. Even if the behavior is obviously illegal, it’s still difficult to challenge authority. Whistleblowers risk their careers to expose wrongdoing in the agency. Many whistleblowers do so because their principles and ethics will not allow them to tolerate it when other officers are committing unethical or illegal acts.

Right on, my friend. You wax beautifully philosophically, and it's all true. But what does one do when you're working under an oppressive administration bent politically?

Try my suggestion above, have others, especially experts, look into it, talk about it and have your Union make the right decisions in the upcoming collective bargaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sherin
    But what does one do when you're working under an oppressive administration bent politically?
    What these folks do always comes back around -- and it comes when they least expect it. We do not have to do anything to Knight or his 2nd floor deceitful henchmen because Father Time and Mother Nature are already hard at work on them. Nobody escapes justice (in the big picture) and the picture show is still running...

:cop:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast