New chief - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New chief

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    like other posters have said get the grand jury and MDPD IA final reports.. it clearly shows by his own admissions he took expensive watches, prostitutes and other gifts from known and indicted drug dealers. Plus all the wife's he has cheated with.. really Mia Springs you could do better.. this is only a small portion of what he has admitted to and done over all his GYPSY years.

Do you think you would still be certified as a LEO..

I guess that I have been around too long and look at things from the perspective of my experience.
    It has been said, and it did actually happened, that a Grand Jury could indict a pack of cigarettes.
    Grand Juries are Non-adversarial proceedings, totally controlled and manipulated by the prosecutor; there are no rules of evidence and hearse is admissible. There are miles to be crossed between obtaining and indictment and getting a conviction. Grand Jury reports are meaningless and Ralph was never indicted for even jaywalking.
    Ralph is not perfect and has committed some indiscretions, and if you talk to him he will tell you. The 70’s and 80’s were very tumultuous years in policing and especially in Miami, dealing with informants of that magnitude was new and mistakes were made. The informant manuals used today were written from the mistakes of those years.
    Having said all of that, Ralph has held command level positions in numerous police agencies over the last 35 years and is presently employed at the Miami Dade County State Attorney’s Office. He is a man of action and he will not tell you that he has to call the State Attorney’s Office to get “Legal Advise” whenever you ask him a simple question as it happens here often.
    Whomever is writing some of this stuff here may have forgiven his wife, but obviously not Ralph.
    Why don’t you grow a pair and confront the guy face to face.

Unregistered
    He has been confronted.. and honest LEO's which he worked with... cannot understand why his certificate was never pulled even after his own testimony about all his wrong doings while at MDPD Homicide Unit. The state has since changed what they will decertify you for and this is on the list .

He testified and that is why he was not indicted.. it made a better case for him to testify. I have talked with him on many occasions and worked side by side with him. He will stab you in the back and try and take your job whatever fits him.

He is not a cops cop and I am disgraced to have worked with him and claim the same air as him as a LEO. Either you are a good cop or a crooked cop.. he has had Rabbis and he knows it ! One just doesn't leave MDPD for city PD;s .

His ethics throughout his career are reason in itself for one not to hire him. A command staff person does not get involved with partying with dope dealers , taking gifts, bedding wife's of co-workers, etc. A great leader is one who has clear ethics, and leads by their examples.

Springs .. really you can do much better with someone of impeccable background and make those who serve proud being associated with that leader.

If you get along with Ralph, well good for you and his advice. But the old timers from MDPD and BSO will never ever trust him.

Unregistered
    The word is that, it is down to two Guzman and Cannon. Speak to anyone that knows them both and one stands out head and shoulders above the other. Th e choice is plain.

Unregistered
    More interviews have been scheduled. How long can the city stretch out this process? Actually down to Cannon or Toth if you believe what is coming out of city hall.

Unregistered
    The Mayor is negotiating his way into the Raul Martinez machine and will choose Toth; Toth was chosen as chief in Hialeah Gardens by the mayor there who used to be Raul Martinez’ Chief of Staff.
    This place is lost. Someone grab the flag and flush the toilet.

MPD Guy
    I'm not being a homer, but want to shed just a little light on the issue of your next police chief and one possible candidate. A/Chief Cannon is by far and long, the best selection to lead your agency. I say this with absolutely no disrespect intended toward the other three candidates.
    Chief Cannon was an amazing police officer that has held several ranks and positions within a big city police agency. He has always been fair and consistent and I cannot think of anyone that has something negative to say about him personally or professionally.
    He would be a great fit for your agency, as I feel your department has a lot of potential to emerge under new and sound leadership. In all fairness, many feel your department was simply harnessed by an administration that simply was content on keeping the status quo and not wanting to become a more progressive modern day small police force. Some have pointed to your former chief making his sustainability and longevity the priority, rather than the needs of the overall agency and troops. In fairness to him, I cannot state that this is true; rather, one could agree that new leadership may provide an infusion of ideas, opportunities and a new outlook for everyone.
    I would encourage some of you to reach out to Chief Cannon and meet him yourself. He is a solid person and would embrace to chance to speak with you. I assure you that most, if not all of you, will come away impressed.
    I hope your city's process is not too muddied with politics and backdoor deals. I say this fully understanding that there is always some "ugly" involved in the selection of a police chief.
    That notwithstanding, a quick glance on some of the other candidates that initially applied and you should consider yourself lucky that they were not finalists. There was another one of our former A/Chiefs that applied, after separating from an agency down the road from you, and thank God for all of you that he was not selected. He was just one of many dead-end chiefs that applied that you don't want or need.
    Good luck and stay safe.

Unregistered

chief

just looked into my crystal ball (the same one i looked at for the pension issue) and i see a vote of no confidence in the future... bye bye Toth!

Unregistered

Unregistered

Toth will probably get the nod because the City can put off his appointment for up to a year while he uses up his time in the DROP thereby saving the City money which will be their rational if he gets the position.

Unregistered
    The new chief of police has been announced.... It's going to be (drum roll please)... Tu Madre maricon! Chupa chupa!

Unregistered
    The decision has been delayed for almost a week. It is believed that the City Mgr. does not have the support of the residents or council votes for Toth and therefore is delaying the announcement in order to build support before making a decision. This may become very interesting. Maybe Cannon will be appointed in a political reversal!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast