Forced Resignations / Terminations - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Question Re: Forced Resignations / Terminations

Quote Originally Posted by gobbledegook
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sherin
    When are you Leo's going to learn that what applies to one applies to all? When the top tolerate crime unrelated to you, expect them to eventually tolerate crime that touches you. As a corollary, when the cronies, like Major Hoffman, are favored and the honest not, you have an unpleasant, unproductive situation that needs correction. Good Leo's, you've known this since Knight took office, so why don't the honest coalesce in a manner that doesn't threaten your jobs.
    I told myself that if Bob Sherin started making multiple gobbledegook posts again, then I would not reply to any of them. However, the above post actually makes sense. Surprisingly. :shock:

Ok Bob, so if you were a deputy, exactly what would you do? Let's hear it.

Jeff:

I would have sex with your mom, in the wrong hole and produce another TERD like you.

Sincerely,

Robert

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

Re: Forced Resignations / Terminations

Quote Originally Posted by gobbledegook
    When are you Leo's going to learn that what applies to one applies to all? When the top tolerate crime unrelated to you, expect them to eventually tolerate crime that touches you. As a corollary, when the cronies, like Major Hoffman, are favored and the honest not, you have an unpleasant, unproductive situation that needs correction. Good Leo's, you've known this since Knight took office, so why don't the honest coalesce in a manner that doesn't threaten your jobs.
    I told myself that if Bob Sherin started making multiple gobbledegook posts again, then I would not reply to any of them. However, the above post actually makes sense. Surprisingly. :shock:

Ok Bob, so if you were a deputy, exactly what would you do? Let's hear it.

I'd take my cue from Lee County and look into exercising collective bargaining under the Wagner Act of 1935 (National Labor Relations Act).

You see, where people can join forces in a direct counter-measure to intolerable working conditions, you have direct, law-tested recourse. The National Labor Relations Act protects the rights of workers to organize for their own common interests in the areas of wages, benefits, and working conditions.

If you act together, you Leo's actually have as much power as the powers-that-be. However, it is one thing to know your rights; quite another, to exercise them.

This form of injustice is just as important to me as injustice anywhere against anyone, including the issue with which I'm connected up top. And when all is said and done, please remember the one who suggested this protection of the exploited.

[quote=Bob Sherin][quote=gobbledegook][quote="Bob Sherin":3f1wf5rd]When are you Leo's going to learn that what applies to one applies to all? When the top tolerate crime unrelated to you, expect them to eventually tolerate crime that touches you. As a corollary, when the cronies, like Major Hoffman, are favored and the honest not, you have an unpleasant, unproductive situation that needs correction. Good Leo's, you've known this since Knight took office, so why don't the honest coalesce in a manner that doesn't threaten your jobs.[/quote]

Ok Bob, so if you were a deputy, exactly what would you do? Let's hear it.[/quote]

[list]Bob Sherin, Miami, Florida, (305) 767-1932, [email="BobSherin@gmail.com"]BobSherin@gmail.com[/email][/list]

I'd take my cue from Lee County and look into exercising the Wagner Act of 1935 (National Labor Relations Act).

You see, where people can join forces in a direct counter-measure to intolerable working conditions, look into collective bargaining. The National Labor Relations Act was adopted, protecting the right for workers to organize for their own common interests in the areas of wages, benefits, and working conditions.

The injustice aimed against you Leo's is as important as injustice against anyone else. And please remember the one who suggested this protection for exploited Leo's.[/quote:3f1wf5rd]
    Knight refused to give deputies a payraise, year after year of giving the 2nd floor payraises. Finally, Knight came out and said it, "If you do away with the union, then I'll give you a raise." And that was all she wrote. Money talks and bullshit walks.

Everyone agrees that Knight is an extraordinarily intelligent jackass who is totally conceited. It is what it is.

Since I'm uninformed, please tell me your union situation. Here I'm into a subject where I don't know the facts. Can someone relate them? I just read the Southwest Florida PBA contract with Sarasota County. Are you saying it is no longer in force and effect?

Can someone provide me the research in how the Union is legally defunct. These are crucial questions, because your Union contract prescribed grievances and a parallel system of personnel discipline. If the Union Contract is defunct, that means all of you, either as a class or as separate parties, can seek relief before the Division of Administrative Hearings (DOAH), a no-nonsense, politically-neutral, adjudicatory body at the Gubernatorial level. DOAH has parallel jurisdiction to Circuit Courts, but is much faster and, in my view, produces a much higher grade of jurisprudence.

Maybe you are unaware, but , absent the Union contract, Sheriff Knight, coming under Governor Rick Scott, falls within DOAH's jurisdiction and you Leo employees are considered substantially affected individuals under the Act (Chapter 120, Fla.Stats.).

DOAH has remedies above and beyond administrative hearings concerning individual issues. If a policy is being wielded against you Leo's that is violative of statute, you have easy recourse at DOAH with a rule challenge for an illegal, unexpressed practice. DOAH processes are free; generally DOAH comes to your venue. And the DOAH decision on a rule challenge is final and cannot be disturbed by SSO.

The hard part of all this is coming up with the illegal practice, tracking it back to the statute and proving substantial affectation (a concept akin to standing). Most lawyers are unfamiliar with this area of law, frequently pursuing matters in a judicial court that can be better handled before DOAH.

My experience as a non-lawyer before DOAH dates back to 1974, when it was constituted. I won a landmark case there in 1976 which exempted custom software from the sales and use tax (Chapter 212. Fla.Stats.) on tangible personal property. Throughout the years I've taken recourse to DOAH and have found it eminently equitable. When DOAH judges hand down an order, you get a virtual treatise. Take a look at my 1976 order, for example. https://www.doah.state.fl.us/ROS/1976/76001475.PDF

Before I close, I'm mandated by The Florida Bar to tell you that I possess no legal expertise. And see your licensed lawyer for legal advice.

Since I'm uninformed, please tell me your union situation. Here I'm into a subject where I don't know the facts. Can someone relate them? I just read the Southwest Florida PBA contract with Sarasota County. Are you saying it is no longer in force and effect?

Can someone provide me the research in how the Union is legally defunct. These are crucial questions, because your Union contract prescribed grievances and a parallel system of personnel discipline. If the Union Contract is defunct, that means all of you, either as a class or as separate parties, can seek relief before the Division of Administrative Hearings (DOAH), a no-nonsense, politically-neutral, adjudicatory body at the Gubernatorial level. DOAH has parallel jurisdiction to Circuit Courts, but is much faster and, in my view, produces a much higher grade of jurisprudence.

Maybe you are unaware, but , absent the Union contract, Sheriff Knight, coming under Governor Rick Scott, falls within DOAH's jurisdiction and you Leo employees are considered substantially affected individuals under the Act (Chapter 120, Fla.Stats.).

DOAH has remedies above and beyond administrative hearings concerning individual issues. If a policy is being wielded against you Leo's that is violative of statute, you have easy recourse at DOAH with a rule challenge for an illegal, unexpressed practice. DOAH processes are free; generally DOAH comes to your venue.

The hard part of all this is coming up with the illegal practice, tracking it back to the statute and proving substantial affectation (a concept akin to standing). Most lawyers are unfamiliar with this area of law, frequently pursuing matters in a judicial court that can be better handled before DOAH.

My experience as a non-lawyer before DOAH dates back to 1974, when it was constituted. I won a landmark case there in 1976 which exempted custom software from the sales and use tax (Chapter 212. Fla.Stats.) on tangible personal property. Throughout the years I've taken recourse to DOAH and have found it eminently equitable. When DOAH judges hand down an order, you get a virtual treatise. Take a look at my 1976 order, for example. https://www.doah.state.fl.us/ROS/1976/76001475.PDF

Before I close, I'm mandated by The Florida Bar to tell you that I possess no legal expertise. And see your licensed lawyer for legal advice.

I hope some Leo out there will provide me with the research on your union, factual situation, so I can look into it. Though no lawyer, I am Senior Paralegal for a local law firm and have WestLaw for any research that any of you may need. It's nothing to click a few buttons and come up with the most stunning case law on WestLaw. Again, I'm a nonlawyer with absolutely no legal expertise, according to The Florida Bar.

Interesting, a rush of readers yet no one yet willing to inform me why your Union Contract does not control.

Is this the language Sheriff knight, via Major Hoffman, is relying on:

"The parties may, however, mutually agree to include or exclude employee classifications
    under this agreement if changes during this agreement warrant the addition of deletion of these
    classifications, such as those created by merging or re-titling classifications, or the elimination of
    existing classifications where the creation of new ones would satisfy PERC standards for
    inclusion in the bargaining unit." Article 1, 2nd Paragraph

Because if this is the case, then DOAH would have jurisdiction. So, perhaps you Leo's have been bestowed a blessing in disguise. Please guys, before speculating further, can we have some knowledgeable Leo's fully inform us in the premises.

Rather than posting to myself, I'll add by editing. Looking all over, your Union Contract is in full force and effect because of the following: "Thu Mar 13, 2014 - Login - The Observer Group - under "Sarasota Sheriff" "Union Contract," here's what I found:
    http://www.yourobserver.com/searchre...d=camp&page=7?
    The city manager says with the union's contract expiring in September, he wants to do negotiations at the bargaining table.
    Still, the contract might have been temporarily set aside by agreement of the parties in exchange for the pay increases. And if it has, the question devolves down to: Are all of its provisions suspended until reinstatement? The resident expert is Major Kurt Hoffman, cracker-jack lawyer, whatever else you may think of him. You Leo's should feel free to ask him these questions in as much as he is SSO Counsel and you, as Deputies, have a right to know.

HEY BOB ****ING BLOW ME YOU PRIK...HOFFMAN IS A ****ING GOON AS THAT POS KNIGHT IS..

Why would anyone resort to irrevant nonsense on such an important subject? Guys, I'm trying to be helpful.

Good Leo's, here's nutshell information on rule making (meaning practices needing codification in rules, unlawful practices codified in rules and unexpressed practices not codified contrary to Legislative Intent) and Administrative Procedure in Florida that applies to you:

Florida Bar Treatise
    http://www.floridabar.org/divcom/jn/...&Highlight=0,*

A pocket guide to the Administrative Procedure Act (APA) in Florida
    http://www.japc.state.fl.us/publicat...rida%20APA.pdf

Pursuant to Florida Bar directive, I'm a nonlawyer with no legal expertise. See your licensed lawyer for legal advice.

Anyone seen Ainscoe or Falcone?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast