Tom Knight, Kurt Hoffman and the morning after

Unhappy Tom Knight, Kurt Hoffman and the morning after

One thing I learned at the Sarasota Sheriff’s Office over the last few years is that there is "the morning after" and there is "the morning after the morning after." Never confuse the two.

The morning after a big event is when fools rush in and declare that someone's victory or defeat, in a single battle, has "changed everything forever." The morning after the morning after, the laws of gravity start to apply themselves; and things often don't look as good or as bad as you originally thought. And that brings me to Tom Knight’s refusal to investigate Ronnie Locke for allegations of having sex with a juvenile.

The morning after, Knight was the hero of Col. Steve Burns (the ringleader), Major Jeff Bell and other politically appointed, high paid (six figures), 2nd floor misfits-of-management. Some moronic politically appointed commentators on the 2nd floor even expressed the wish that we could have such "decisive" leadership forever. Well, let's see what Knight looks like the morning after the morning after, say, at election time. I make no predictions, but I will point out that Knight is challenging four of the most powerful forces in Sarasota County, all at once: (1) human nature, (2) the voting constituency, (3) the Sarasota GOP and (4) internal politics at the Sarasota Sheriff’s Office. Good luck with that.

Knight’s tilde-wave of employee lawsuits against him and his promotions of unethical (or criminal?), moral-misfits into his “2nd floor inner circle,” along with his attempt to pass the baton to Kurt Hoffman, will also be reflected on the morning after election day. The rosy smell of reality will hopefully overtake the 2nd floor stench.

Knight’s actions underscores the enduring power of regional politics in southwest Florida. Every 2nd floor senior manager -- from the captains to the crooks –- is obsessing about how to protect their six-figure status.

Respectfully,

2nd Floor Spy

Re: Tom Knight, Kurt Hoffman and the morning after

No one cares about your opinion brown eye.

Quote Originally Posted by sso

**** off Mercurio.

Quote Originally Posted by sso
    You always care enough to respond to her. :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd floor spy
    Knight’s tidal wave of employee lawsuits against him and his promotions of unethical (or criminal?), moral-misfits into his “2nd floor inner circle.”
    If Mr. Knight were straight-up honest, then so many SSO employees would no be suing him for justice. The 2nd floor inner circle is a rats nest of immoral inbreeding and internal political paybacks. While reading the H-T comments section, it was shocking to see that civilians are completely aware of Knight's political ****ering.

[quote=secrets out]
    Quote Originally Posted by "2nd floor spy":pdtw1yq5
    Knight’s tidal wave of employee lawsuits against him and his promotions of unethical (or criminal?), moral-misfits into his “2nd floor inner circle.”
    If Mr. Knight were straight-up honest, then so many SSO employees would no be suing him for justice. The 2nd floor inner circle is a rats nest of immoral inbreeding and internal political paybacks. While reading the H-T comments section, it was shocking to see that civilians are completely aware of Knight's political ****ering.[/quotedtw1yq5]

Corruption is ALWAYS dealt with. :snicker:

It's perfectly legal to be in immoral, but being a immoral is not illegal and is not the same as corruption. Just because someone is an immoral turd doesn't mean that they are corrupt, at least not by legal standards. Lastly, committing criminal activities is not a crime unless you get caught, so if the inner circle on the second floor is committing criminal activity, it remains perfectly illegal, unless they are caught. :shock:

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

By now, you likely know me and the constraints within which I'm duty-bound to post. So, let's put aside my drum-beat on the subject-matter that belongs up top. Leo's, let's stop and think together for a moment.

You needn't be case-oriented to see the cause of corruption. Your second floor is rife with corruption. The press has been replete with its coverage too. So is it any wonder when injustice strikes close to home, you take action? Had you acted before your own situation, it may not have ever reached you. And this is why an injustice against any one is an injustice against all.

Perhaps if you Leo's came down on the side of principle or cause, rather than your individual cases, you would not have to contend with your intolerable work situation. I'm surprised that the FBI has not picked up on it in its investigation. I could cite dozens of situations of misconduct at the top. Keep in mind, my purview is over two Sheriffs: BAlkwill and Knight.

More I simply am not at liberty to post in this location. I'm sure all you Leo's get the drift; I can identify with what you face. To win, You must be one for all and all for one -- at least you Leo's with integrity. When integrity stands together, it cannot be defeated.