Another Miami Position
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another Miami Position

We get a new crop of officers that were sworn in today. Congrats to them, I hope they have a great career. But this is the truth, those of us that have been here and have been working patrol, want to move forward to other units. Here we have the same old thing, again and again, and again. We get a retired Miami PD guy who comes over here, is a "junior officer", not a rookie, but he is on the low end. Should be in patrol. But, once again, Miami takes care of Miami. Where is this guy going? Straight to NRO. I have nothing against him, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but this isn't Miami. He had his career. Why can't one of our officers take this position? We will never advance. Seglie gets promoted to Assist. Chief, he gets a raise. Borrego gets promoted to Captain, he gets a raise. This new officer goes straight to a specialized unit. What do all of these guys have in common? Miami PD. We better wake up. I'm sure those ass kissers like Munecas, Orlando Sanchez and the other ass kissers will insult me now, but it's the truth. Why couldn't one of our officers who has paid his/her dues get that position?

Re: Another Miami Position

Sorry my friend. Get your facts straight. Seiglie has always been the second in command. He got reclassified to Deputy Chief to reflect the duties and responsibilities that he currently has. There was no pay raise associated with this action.
    Where did you get your info that Borrego was now a Captain. I didn't see his name on the program. Last I saw he was a Lieutenant. Besides he retired from MDPD not Miami. Get your facts straight.
    In addition to the other info that you got wrong its my understanding that the new guy will have to interview for the NRO position just like anybody else. You can compete for that position if you feel that your the best qualified for it. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Facts
    Sorry my friend. Get your facts straight. Seiglie has always been the second in command. He got reclassified to Deputy Chief to reflect the duties and responsibilities that he currently has. There was no pay raise associated with this action.
    Where did you get your info that Borrego was now a Captain. I didn't see his name on the program. Last I saw he was a Lieutenant. Besides he retired from MDPD not Miami. Get your facts straight.
    In addition to the other info that you got wrong its my understanding that the new guy will have to interview for the NRO position just like anybody else. You can compete for that position if you feel that your the best qualified for it. Good luck with that.
    Smoke and Mirrors, my friend, smoke and mirrors. You're right, there will be interviews conducted for the NRO position, but he will get the spot. He shouldn't be allowed to even interview for that spot.He's now the low man in senority, he's on or should be on probation. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's qualified and obviously has the experience. But that was in Miami. It's our turn to take that spot. Some of us would like to move into a different field in police work. We might not have the experience, but we will learn it. I think it's only fair. With regards to Seiglie, I respectfully disagree with you. He is second in command already, So why give him the rank of Deputy Chief. He will be getting a pay raise very soon, probably the next budget, and the main reason he got that position was to move Borrego up to Captain in the near future, with a pay raise. This department does not need a captain and a deputy chief. We're not that large of an organization, yet. Smoke and Mirrors my friend.

The department is not large enough for a Deputy Chief and Captain????
    The City is growing and the department is growing with it. In the next budget year they might well add a captain and the entire staff will likely get pay raises. They're not hampered by the PBA like we are. As far as competing for a specialized unit you sound a bit envious or maybe unsure of your abilities. O have no problem competing with other qualified candidates for a position. May the best man win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki
    The department is not large enough for a Deputy Chief and Captain????
    The City is growing and the department is growing with it. In the next budget year they might well add a captain and the entire staff will likely get pay raises. They're not hampered by the PBA like we are. As far as competing for a specialized unit you sound a bit envious or maybe unsure of your abilities. O have no problem competing with other qualified candidates for a position. May the best man win.
    And KiKi, that's the problem, the best man/woman is not going to win. This guy is getting the position. "IF" there is an interview process, it's just to satisfy others so they can say that they opened it up for everyone. Remember you heard it here first, the brand new City of Doral Officer who was just sworn in, should be going to the road and learning about the City of Doral, will get this position. If that's OK with you, it's your choice, but I assure you, others would like the opportunity to get the position, but it wont happen because they're taking care of their own. Sad but true.

Ok, let me get this straight. The pay raise you said that Seiglie got didn't happen. Borrego who you indicated was a "Miami Guy" and promoted to Captain. Is neither a Miami Guy or a Captain.
    So far all the claims that you made are false.

Now it's down to having a qualified veteran interviewing for a specialized unit. Wow. If that's your big complaint with this administration we're doing okay. These are the same guys that instituted a written sergeants exam that is limited to Doral Officers and no outsiders.

Find something else to complain about. I'm sure that there has to something that haters like you can complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyh
    Ok, let me get this straight. The pay raise you said that Seiglie got didn't happen. Borrego who you indicated was a "Miami Guy" and promoted to Captain. Is neither a Miami Guy or a Captain.
    So far all the claims that you made are false.

Now it's down to having a qualified veteran interviewing for a specialized unit. Wow. If that's your big complaint with this administration we're doing okay. These are the same guys that instituted a written sergeants exam that is limited to Doral Officers and no outsiders.

Find something else to complain about. I'm sure that there has to something that haters like you can complain about.
    Ahhh little timmy, learn to read and comprehend.

I agree. We shouldn't have to compete with more qualified people. That's just not fair. I've been here longer. I deserve the position even if I'm not as qualified or experienced. I've been here longer and that should give me the in.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    I agree. We shouldn't have to compete with more qualified people. That's just not fair. I've been here longer. I deserve the position even if I'm not as qualified or experienced. I've been here longer and that should give me the in.
    You are so right Matthew, that's all I'm saying. It has nothing to do with this new "Doral" officer. He had his career in Miami, I"m sure he is more than qualified, and maybe one day he will go to NRO or SRO, but he must go on the road first, just like we all did. I assure you, if the roles were reversed and the City of Miami transfers someone to a speciality unit that was just sworn in, the other officers would be out raged by it, and rightfully so. It's our turn. We will learn the position. Everyone had to start somewhere. But sadly, those that want to blast me on this site because all I do is give my opinion, are just so far up the administrations ass, that they don't care about anyone else, but themselves and try to look good. They don't want to advance. But guess what, some of us do.

Well all this hate was expected! Let me tell you guys in doral a little something about Seiglie! You guys are growing as a department which increases the chances of a major incident to occur in doral. If you guys get involved in any type of issue Seiglie will be the first one to have your back as long as you are an honest person and hard worker! I would take Seiglie on my team anyday if I were in a gun fight. Hold it down chief and congrats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast