Merger?

Thread: Merger?

Merger?

Thoughts on a merger between SFM and Fraud?

Re: Merger?

Leave it as it is. We may all be under the same CFO, but our jobs are very different. Fraud guys are good at what they do, and we are good at what we do, but our jobs have very different requirements. 10-15 stats for fraud are much more accessible than 10-15 stats for arson. This isn't to take a shot at DIF; fraud cases can become quite complex, but arson is notoriously difficult to develop PC on. Mixing us together could work (on paper), but in practice it won't be as easy as the administration believes.

If they do finally merge us together, it would be best they keep us as two independent bureaus of the new Division, whatever name it is given.

Unregistered
    The next couple of months will prove to be interesting...

Unregistered
    Who has any scoop on the merge? There's all kinds of rumors, why is it so secret?

Unregistered
    Out on sick leave?

Unregistered
    It's anyone's guess outside of the Tally people who actually know. I guess we'll have a better clue once there's some sort of legislation put into print in the next legislative session. I think that starts this month or next...?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1946879
    Leave it as it is. We may all be under the same CFO, but our jobs are very different. Fraud guys are good at what they do, and we are good at what we do, but our jobs have very different requirements. 10-15 stats for fraud are much more accessible than 10-15 stats for arson. This isn't to take a shot at DIF; fraud cases can become quite complex, but arson is notoriously difficult to develop PC on. Mixing us together could work (on paper), but in practice it won't be as easy as the administration believes.

If they do finally merge us together, it would be best they keep us as two independent bureaus of the new Division, whatever name it is given.
    Totally Agree.. and I am a retired DIF guy who went to the academy with you guys and worked with you guys prior.. all I came into contact with were a class act.. and funny! Just remember to those in power at the State its all about politics too.

Unregistered
    It looks like the merger is going to happen July 1. Has anybody heard any details?

Unregistered

Merger

It is a wrap, I don't think that losing the identity of the SFM is a good thing. The SFM has it's own history and as we all know the jobs are very different. Yes, I know that it's going to be a different bureau, but administration I have a feeling will be from DIF. ALL UNDER THE SAME DIVISION, BUT NOT THE SAME PAY. Unreal! !!