Thinking of applying

Thinking of applying

Hello,
    I am currently a Deputy Sheriff in the Tampa, Fl area. I am originally from OKC and would love to move back as I still have family and friends in the area. However, the state of Oklahoma does not recognize Florida's certification and I would have to attend the entire academy again. I am 27 years old, no kids, and not married. Does anyone think it would be worth it to start over again in OKC? This is a life changing decision and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Thinking of applying

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hello,
    I am currently a Deputy Sheriff in the Tampa, Fl area. I am originally from OKC and would love to move back as I still have family and friends in the area. However, the state of Oklahoma does not recognize Florida's certification and I would have to attend the entire academy again. I am 27 years old, no kids, and not married. Does anyone think it would be worth it to start over again in OKC? This is a life changing decision and any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm from Miami and my son moved to OKC. He is going to attend the university there. He loves it!
    If I were 27 with no kids and not married, I'd move out of this crap hole immediately just like my son did.
    Move out of Florida. Even if you have to start all over again, work for the private sector while waiting to get hired, I think it's worth it. Especially if you have family living there. I'm sure they will help you out with a home.

You are 27 still young a lot to look forward to... I'm old enough to be your father too late for me. LOL.