Another shooting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Another shooting

One more ::::

Police Officer- Non-Certified/Certified
    City of Coral Gables - City of Coral Gables, FL
    ****signing bonuses available****

Benefits include health insurance through the FOP Health Trust, life insurance, a take home car with the completion of the Field Training Officer (FTO) Program, City provided uniforms and required equipment with a $350.00 bi-annual allowance, Educational and Career Training salary incentive pay up to $130/month, Special Unit Allowances, 80 hours of annual leave and 96 hours of sick leave for the first year, bereavement leave, Post Employment Health Plan, Retirement Plan (vesting in 10 years and eligibility to buy-back previous government/military service up to 5 years) and tuition reimbursement of up to $1,500/semester.

For the dispatchers that got screwed::::

Public Safety Dispatcher Lateral
    City of Aventura Aventura, FL 3/5/2014
    35,000-52,000

Post Re: Another shooting

Following is a general synopsis of benefits provided by the City of Miramar to its Police employees.

POLICE OFFICER BENEFITS:

Competitive Salary Package ($49,275.98-$73,007.43)
    12 Paid Holidays including 2 Floating Holidays
    Education Incentives (up to a maximum of $210/mth)
    Clothing Allowance ($300/yr Uniform Officer, $600/yr Plain Clothes)
    Take Home Vehicle
    Additional 2% Shift Differential for Nights
    No State or Local Income Tax
    Specialized Assignment Pay (e.g. K-9, Detective,Training)
    Eligibility for retirement at 20 years with 65% (average of the best 3 years salary); 23 years with 80% (average of the best 3 years salary)
    4/11.5 work week (i.e. 4 days on 4 days off)
    5-Year D.R.O.P. (Deferred Retirement Option Plan)
    Deferred Compensation Plan (457)
    Monthly stipend towards health insurance expenses upon retirement (up to a maximum of $400/mth)
    Police Pension (City currently contributes 29% of the employees salary)
    GENERAL BENEFITS:

Vacation
    Employees earn up to ten days vacation during their first year.

Sick Leave

Sick leave is accrued at the rate of one day per month.

Health Plan

The City currently offers its employees two opportunities for Healthcare coverage. Both the HMO and PPO have additional provisions for dental care.Employees may verify availability of physicans currently contracted with their respective health plans, by visiting Humana's (the City's current health insurance provider) website. The City pays the health insurance premium for the employee and 50% of the premium for dependents.

Post Re: Another shooting

Nice, I'm sure all these 20 year old recruits that are being showcased like models are going to be staying with this PD. NOT!!

Can we say training ground/stepping stone.
    I personally spoke to two of them and they were already looking for something else. Guess what residents? You are paying for their training and your retention rate will be at 0. But keep believing the hype and the smoke and mirrors.
    The CM/Chief are just trying to plug the holes. This is not to slam them they are trying to make the sh!t sandwich taste a little better with some condiments. But it's still a sh!t sandwich that the residents ultimately have to take a bite of.

Unfortunately, Mac Serda and the Councils policies will continue to spiral this agency into a black hole that will take years to fix.
    Thanks again to the CLOWN POSSE.

I bet if Tom Hunker were Chief or at least a Major he would solve all these problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot of the press
    Nice, I'm sure all these 20 year old recruits that are being showcased like models are going to be staying with this PD. NOT!!

Can we say training ground/stepping stone.
    I personally spoke to two of them and they were already looking for something else. Guess what residents? You are paying for their training and your retention rate will be at 0. But keep believing the hype and the smoke and mirrors.
    The CM/Chief are just trying to plug the holes. This is not to slam them they are trying to make the sh!t sandwich taste a little better with some condiments. But it's still a sh!t sandwich that the residents ultimately have to take a bite of.

Unfortunately, Mac Serda and the Councils policies will continue to spiral this agency into a black hole that will take years to fix.
    Thanks again to the CLOWN POSSE.

So true my friend, so true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12