Death Threat Against FHP Trooper - FHP Not Willing To Invest - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Death Threat Against FHP Trooper - FHP Not Willing To In

Quote Originally Posted by chipdeblock
    LEOAFFAIRS.COM has received a Death Threat against an FHP Trooper. On 02/18/14 (Tue) we contacted FHP to report this offense and on 02/19/14 (Wed) we spoke with FHP brass. We were instructed that the Criminal Investigations Division (Bureau of Criminal Investigations and Intelligence) would be contacting us, but we have not heard anything since. The threat that we received was in electronic written form and we have information on the author. Needless to say, it's been a week and we are concerned about the safety and welfare of this trooper. Thus, we are making attempts to contact him outside of contacting his agency. If anyone has any pull with FHP and would like to see this offender prosecuted, please get them to contact me. At this point I feel compelled to reach out to the Florida PBA and the FDLE for additional assistance.

Chip DeBlock, Co-Founder
    LEOAFFAIRS.COM
    (813) 760-2900 Cell
    Chip,
    Who did you talk to when you refer to brass? This would seem to be the person who dropped the ball initially. Also if the threat was posted on this site which is not an official FHP site then someone any of us on here that are members are obligated upon seeing it to make notification up the chain. It's easy to point finger at someone but harder to look in the mirror and find fault. if you wanted to get ahold of us you should have used one of the numbers listed on the real FHP web site or even made contact through that page. Each Troops contact information is listed along with GHQ. Its always funny to see the instigators and bandwagon get going on these topics when they have only a shred of information. I also hope that anyone on here does not believe GHQ is just sitting around reading this stuff so they can act. If you felt it was so important you should have been diligent in your attempt to contact someone that would listen vs. just stirring the pot. There is always enough blame to go around. I'm All threats are taken serious when reported and this is not the first one aimed at this trooper. Too bad good reporting isn't a requirement of this site or that only factual allegations can be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by MANNY
    LEOAFFAIRS.COM has received a Death Threat against an FHP Trooper. On 02/18/14 (Tue) we contacted FHP to report this offense and on 02/19/14 (Wed) we spoke with FHP brass. We were instructed that the Criminal Investigations Division (Bureau of Criminal Investigations and Intelligence) would be contacting us, but we have not heard anything since. The threat that we received was in electronic written form and we have information on the author. Needless to say, it's been a week and we are concerned about the safety and welfare of this trooper. Thus, we are making attempts to contact him outside of contacting his agency. If anyone has any pull with FHP and would like to see this offender prosecuted, please get them to contact me. At this point I feel compelled to reach out to the Florida PBA and the FDLE for additional assistance.

Chip DeBlock, Co-Founder
    LEOAFFAIRS.COM
    (813) 760-2900 Cell
    Chip,
    Who did you talk to when you refer to brass? This would seem to be the person who dropped the ball initially. Also if the threat was posted on this site which is not an official FHP site then someone any of us on here that are members are obligated upon seeing it to make notification up the chain. It's easy to point finger at someone but harder to look in the mirror and find fault. if you wanted to get ahold of us you should have used one of the numbers listed on the real FHP web site or even made contact through that page. Each Troops contact information is listed along with GHQ. Its always funny to see the instigators and bandwagon get going on these topics when they have only a shred of information. I also hope that anyone on here does not believe GHQ is just sitting around reading this stuff so they can act. If you felt it was so important you should have been diligent in your attempt to contact someone that would listen vs. just stirring the pot. There is always enough blame to go around. I'm All threats are taken serious when reported and this is not the first one aimed at this trooper. Too bad good reporting isn't a requirement of this site or that only factual allegations can be posted.

Manny

Very well said.

Many that come on here just love add to the drama for the sake of entertainment. What they accuse of othesr of not doing, they sepend more energy of pointing the finger and stiring the pot and becoming the solution.

You are so right, they could have just picked up the phone and gave someone a courtsey call, but instead they hate becuase they have been taught to hate and not the bring perople togheter.

Its a sad world..

Quote Originally Posted by MANNY

Chip DeBlock, Co-Founder
    LEOAFFAIRS.COM
    (813) 760-2900 Cell
    Chip,
    Have you even read through Chip's posts on here? He details who he contacted, when he contacted them, what information he gave them, what's been done, etc. You say he should have contacted someone that would listen vs. just stirring the pot. Contacting someone who would listen was obviously his ultimate goal and he made many attempts until it was accomplished. Then you talk about pointing the finger and even go on to say that good reporting isn't a requirement of this site, but it's obvious that good comprehension isn't one of your traits. Maybe before you start spewing your ignorance you should read the thread. Everything was detailed, and I would say his reporting of the incident was exemplary, but I guess since it had nothing to do with a crash you wouldn't understand.

Like I have already said this has been blown completely out of proportion. I read the comments sections on stories where the police have screwed up and you read the same things that was posted in this thread. Unless the person writes a detailed description of what they are going to do and show they have the ability to do it is just talk blowing off steam. There are not enough police officers in America to investigate all the comments like what was post in LEO Affairs. I read the comment that posted and it has been blown so far out of proportion that is no wonder the courts will not issue a subpoena or are requiring more before they will entertain issuing a subpoena.

It still all goes back to who watches the police?

That is why the public is so frustrated, the police are getting away with far to much crap including killing innocent people and hiding behind the very poor excuse of "I thought they were reaching for a gun or a weapon". Just the other day a 70 year old man was stopped over a tag violation and he gets out of his truck and reaches into the back to get his walking cane and the scared police officer shoot at him multiple time only hitting him once thank god. I hope that man sues the crap out of the police department. And you can stop with your bull crap answers that people can't move or get something all because they have been pulled over for a frigging traffic infraction. If you are that scared that you are going to pull your gun over a traffic infraction or mickey mouse tag violation they you really are in the wrong line of work. I put in over 25 years with FHP and never once did I pull my gun or shoot anyone let alone over a traffic infraction or tag violation.

Citizens get put in jail for the same excuse if they kill someone and say well I thought they were reaching for a weapon or a gun. It should be no different for the police.

Again if you are that scared to do the job go flip burgers some place and practice saying "would you like fries with that".

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Yesterday I was interviewed by our local FOX affiliate, FOX 13, here in Tampa Bay. The interview centered on the story involving a death threat to Trooper Dan Cole and my belief that the author should be arrested. In fact, there was excitement and hope that the FOX 13 interview (or its pending airing) would motivate the powers that be to authorize a subpoena and ultimately an arrest in this case. Some in this forum have accused me of overreacting and others talk about the freedom of speech. I make no apologies for my position and it is shared by other LEOs whom I respect as well as by the PBA and I believe FHP. My bio on this website should speak for itself, in that I've had an incredible amount of experience over a 30 year career while working some of the most complicated and sensitive investigations my department has seen. There is plenty of justification for the issuance of a subpoena in this case and enough probable cause for an arrest. As for filing of charges by the SAO and conviction in court, those are separate issues not dependent on the first two. Freedom of speech is something I've built this website on and I understand it better than most. You are, however, ultimately responsible for what you say and the poster in this case is not immune from accountability because he chose to use this medium.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Below is a link to the FOX 13 video and interview with me regarding the death threat against Trooper Dan Cole on LEOAFFAIRS.COM:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...ned-on-website

Trooper threatened on website

Posted: Mar 05, 2014 8:44 PM EST
    Updated: Mar 05, 2014 8:45 PM EST
    By: Aaron Mesmer, FOX 13 News

TAMPA (FOX 13) - A retired Tampa Police officer wants an arrest made after someone went onto the website he runs and threatened the kill a Florida Highway Patrol trooper.

Chip DeBlock told FOX 13 that a moderator on the site LEOAffairs.com intercepted the comment after it had been recently submitted. It was a threat against Trooper Daniel Cole.

"We do a very dangerous job. It hits home," DeBlock said. "Having someone make a death threat against a trooper, we take very seriously."

LEOAffiars.com is a site dedicated to law enforcement news and forums, but any reader can post. The comment directed at Cole was posted on an article about him.

The post reads in part: "This (expletive) needs to be shot. Bind his arms and legs and feed him to hungry wolves. This despicable piece of trash needs to die."

Trooper Cole has made headlines. Dash cam video from 2012 shows him using a stun gun on a woman in handcuffs. Her fall resulted in a serious brain injury. That same year, he mistakenly shot a cemetery owner he thought was a suspect.

"It doesn't matter that it was Trooper Cole or another trooper, what really matters is the context of the threat," DeBlock said. "There should at least be an arrest made in this case."

Last month, Pinellas Park Police arrested Bruce Santee II and charged him with threatening an officer's life in a Facebook post.

"There's a 1st Amendment right for free speech, but that line is drawn when you threaten to kill another individual," said Tampa defense attorney and former prosecutor Anthony Rickman.

Rickman said this case might be different largely because the poster lives in another state.

"I think law enforcement has a serious talk to him. But legally, I don't think there's enough evidence to arrest him on what we have," he said.

But DeBlock said ignoring this would send the wrong message.

"I think that it will send a message to open up the door for further threats, not just for Trooper Cole, but for other law enforcement officers in knowing that it's really not taken seriously at all," he said.

The Florida Highway Patrol said they are investigating this but wouldn't give any details. FHP would not make Trooper Cole available for comment.

Read more: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...#ixzz2v9WxzRie

Follow us: @myfoxtampabay on Twitter | FOX13TampaBay on Facebook

Yesterday I was interviewed by our local FOX affiliate, FOX 13, here in Tampa Bay. The interview centered on the story involving a death threat to Trooper Dan Cole and my belief that the author should be arrested. In fact, there was excitement and hope that the FOX 13 interview (or its pending airing) would motivate the powers that be to authorize a subpoena and ultimately an arrest in this case. Some in this forum have accused me of overreacting and others talk about the freedom of speech. I make no apologies for my position and it is shared by other LEOs whom I respect as well as by the PBA and I believe FHP. My bio on this website should speak for itself, in that I've had an incredible amount of experience over a 30 year career while working some of the most complicated and sensitive investigations my department has seen. There is plenty of justification for the issuance of a subpoena in this case and enough probable cause for an arrest. As for filing of charges by the SAO and conviction in court, those are separate issues not dependent on the first two. Freedom of speech is something I've built this website on and I understand it better than most. You are, however, ultimately responsible for what you say and the poster in this case is not immune from accountability because he chose to use this medium.
    Are you going to go after all the others who have left comments like that about Trooper Dan Cole?

Here is one from one of your local news outlets in your area: http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/...nother-lawsuit

Open the comments section and you can read it and turn that one over to FHP as well.

Here is a thought maybe just maybe trooper Dan Cole needs to take a long hard look in the mirror at his own life.

I am not condoning killing anyone and do think it is not in good taste to post such things, but Trooper Dan Cole has brought a lot of his issues upon himself. One of the posters is saying he has had multiple wives that has died while married to him, that in and of itself is scary if true and coupled with his reckless disregard for human life in his actions as a trooper says way to much about him.

I copied this from the comments section of the link I posted for you to go after the other posted who threatened Trooper Coles life. Funny how the warning PDF is no longer on that page. It looks like Trooper Cole improperly used his taser against the manufactures warnings.

Page three here:
    http://www.taser.com/images/resources-a ... rnings.pdf
    The taser warning sheet for LE tells them not to use the taser on 1. anyone who is unable to catch themselves in the event of a fall, (i.e. handcuffed) 2. anywhere where falling could result in secondary injury, or 3. on anyone who is running or otherwise under momentum (i.e. in a car, on a bike, etc), whenever possible. Since this woman was not an immediate threat to him, he violated all those considerations. He DID NOT have to stop her immediately.

LOL, looks like public opinion is already against you on the FOX link you provided as well in the comments section.

Like I said maybe it is time for Trooper Dan Cole to take a long hard look into a mirror because he has been involved in far to many questionable incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Are you going to go after all the others who have left comments like that about Trooper Dan Cole?

Here is one from one of your local news outlets in your area: http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/...nother-lawsuit

Open the comments section and you can read it and turn that one over to FHP as well.

Here is a thought maybe just maybe trooper Dan Cole needs to take a long hard look in the mirror at his own life.

I am not condoning killing anyone and do think it is not in good taste to post such things, but Trooper Dan Cole has brought a lot of his issues upon himself. One of the posters is saying he has had multiple wives that has died while married to him, that in and of itself is scary if true and coupled with his reckless disregard for human life in his actions as a trooper says way to much about him.
    While not the original poster I would respond that it is the responsibility of WTSP to "go after" the two posters who wrote what might be considered threats. The owner of this site reported the message that was posted on his site. Also, the one poster was not saying Cole had multiple wives die, she was making a point about how Cole has had multiple questionable incidents yet gets cleared and made a simile about someone who has multiple wives die yet is never questioned in the deaths (i.e. so many unusual things occur around him but he is never suspected of any wrongdoing)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast