City Attorney Darcy Fired!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

City Attorney Darcy Fired!!!

Martell motioned to have Darcy terminated in order to give City Manager Garcia a cooperative team. Martell has really turned into a real piece of work. She and her husband were both fired from the City and yet she seems to not have a problem voting and doing the same to Darcy and the 17 police officers who were laid off. What a scumbag!!!

Spiegel was the first to speak and asked where did this come from and she gave Darcy her vote of confidence after saying this was not the right time due to the major litigation going on with Braha Dixie and the pension issues. She also accused a conspiracy with the City Manager to have this happen.

Smith also defended Darcy and explained that Darcy was always there when she called whether it was 7:30 in the morning or 11 at night. In fact when she tried to call CM Garcia to let her know she was running a few minutes late for Council Conference, she didn’t answer, but Darcy did. The CM will be the next one to go in the next couple of months.

Martell brought up 2 items as to why she should be removed; Former City Manager Bonner’s pension situation and Marina Palms.

Pierre and DeFillipo remained silent during Martell's rant. Pendejo then spoke, and even after doing his best "Al Pacino acting job" and showing shock when the motion was made, he said after Martell brought up Marina Palms, he remembered that Siegel violated the City Charter by hiring outside council w/o City Council approval. He then said even though he doesn’t know how the other council members would vote, he was going to support her motion. This was planned out all along by Pendejo, the City Manager, and Martell. They just got Pierre to go along at the last minute and DeFillipo will go along with anything to keep his job on the dais.

They went through a second round of discussion with Spiegel again reiterating about the pending litigation, and Darcy having 7 bosses. While every council member thinks they deserve a yes to every request, it doesn’t happen and they should not let personal feelings make this decision. Almost every litigation Darcy has handled resulted in the City coming out on the better side than it could have. When she has attended League of Cities’ meetings, Darcy has a very good reputation and the League of Cities has actually consulted with her in reference to many different legal issues. Other cities would jump at the chance of having Darcy as their City Attorney. Smith also reiterated her support for Darcy with several points. Finally Kramer had something to say as well. Finally, Mayor Pendejo called for a vote by a show of hands. Martell, Pendejo, and DeFillipo raised theirs. Pierre said he needed a moment and looked like he was agonizing and prayed over his decision, Pendejo said it was time to vote and he raised his hand to join the other three. Darcy was done and Spiegel immediately made a motion to adjourn, which Pendejo denied saying they had to appoint an acting City Attorney. Here is the funny part about this Council. None of the council members knew the Asst. City Attorney's name and Darcy had to help them and let then know Dotie had the longest tenure at approx. 18 months and they decided to appoint her at that point. Since Spiegel had walked out at that time and Smith followed her saying she was going to the bathroom, it was a 5-0 vote to appoint.

The question is where does the city go from here? Has there been friction between the City Attorney and City Manager? I'm sure there will be friction now in the circus known as the NMB City Council........ :devil:

Re: City Attorney Darcy Fired!!!

Man the big top is up.....

Wow. AG playing politics and taking advantage of a council division. I am shocked. Not. That is her way. Ask her former mayor and commission. There will come a point that even her supporters will tire of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Wow. AG playing politics and taking advantage of a council division. I am shocked. Not. That is her way. Ask her former mayor and commission. There will come a point that even her supporters will tire of her.
    Thanks for the heads up Mac, maybe you can be next :cop:

How come everyone gets fired except the number 1
    Fu%% up Mac amazing he is Teflon don

Real Facts February 24, 2014 5:59 pm
    NMB Facts, I mean Mr. Donner – Mr. Keith Donner I believe. We all know it is you. You are aghast that Ms. Kienzle allows accusations on here. Where are citizens supposed to make them? Your mayor, and yes I mean YOUR mayor is the one who stopped us from mentioning your name during public comment. It is not a personal attack when we say that you are his puppet master. It is what we see. Personal would be calling you a jerk, asshole or piece of crap. I don’t think anyone has ever done that during public comment. Now you think we shouldn’t mention it on our only city blog either?
    Ms. Kienzle may need proof in order to make accusations against people. We the residents of North Miami Beach are the ones who actually put YOUR mayor in office and have every right to read between the lines. You have told enough people that you want to control OUR city. Now you are mad because we are sick and tired of it. Go control your own city! You are nothing more than a sleazy, slimy, nasty, careless liar. All anyone has to do to know that is to type your name in on google.
    And now you want to threaten the only blogger in the city who cares about fighting corruption with lawsuits to scare her off! This city will stand behind her long before we will ever stand behind YOUR mayor.
    Leave our blogger alone and leave our city alone!!

I know that Ms. Kienzle removed another comment that talked about Mr. Donner. I hope that she won’t remove this one. I can not prove NMB Facts is Donner. Just like I can not prove that he is running our city. It is just my opinion and my belief and it should be treated as that.

Like or Dislike: 1 0

To add to the list of honorable people running NMB-
    Tax dodgers
    Foreclosure scam artists
    Past fired city employees
    Thieves
    AND NOW
    Drug users

Why was this never covered by the media? Did he let his employers know about this arrest.
    I WOULD WANT TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION AS A RESIDENT.
    Steph please do a public records request for the arrest documents. I do believe he was an elected official at the time of arrest (05/31/2013). Kind of explains the recent unity on the Dias we saw.

CJIS Case Search
    Court Case No.: B-13-024064
    Defendant Name: DEFILLIPO, ANTHONY
    State Case No.: 13-2013-MM-024064-0001-XX
    Date Filed: 05/31/2013
    Date Closed: 12/05/2013
    Assessment Amount: $0.00
    Balance Due: $0.00
    Court Room: REGJB - JUSTICE BUILDING, ROOM No.: 5-2
    Address: 1351 N.W. 12 ST
    Judge: ORTIZ, MARIA D
    Defense Attorney: CEASE, BRUCE
    Bfile Section: M008
    File Location: FILE ROOM

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST FROM THE PAST
    Tax dodgers
    Foreclosure scam artists
    Thieves
    AND NOW
    Drug users

Why was this never covered by the media? Did he let his employers know about this arrest.
    Steph please do a public records request for the arrest documents. I do believe he was an elected official at the time of arrest (05/31/2013). Kind of explains the recent unity on the Dias we saw.

CJIS Case Search
    WTF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST FROM THE PAST
    Tax dodgers
    Foreclosure scam artists
    Thieves
    AND NOW
    Drug users

CJIS Case Search
    Oh crap, are we going to need another emergency meeting on this?
    Let's just cover this up by firing another 10 cops...lol :devil:

Wow! He also has 3 theft arrests, one of those include grand theft. He fits right in with the rest of the theives. By stealing our 2.5% from us the last 10+ years, the city has pocketed nearly 2.8 million dollars (not including interest). Their all scumbags and they know we know that, thats why they hate us. It's a shame their positions don't require psychologicals and polygraph tests like our career. You just can't find many honest and ethical politicians these days.

One last thing,

Ricky Bobby,

#1 asking someone a question and why their answering it you cut them off and don't allow them to finish their answer is a horrible commnication skill.

And

#2 please don't tell me the rumor i heard about your police rims and tires is true. Rumor is you don't like your police tahoe standard tires and rims and you've requested new after market 20" rims and tires with a pricetag of $1,600. You and your buddy CM is claiming this city is seeing hard times, she's getting a ridiculous raise after 6 months and your outfitting your car when unnecessary shit! Hope ive heard wrong about this because if not, get ready to get ripped on this site!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast