Demonstration 2

Thread: Demonstration 2

Demonstration 2

Don't get involved the chief will retaliate. He will use his self proclaimed expertise in night vision goggles to sneak up on all you bad midnights guys. You guys working late 59's better watch out to. He'll be like you know who in bad boys 2 sneaking up on you from out of the water. I hope he never becomes an expert in camouflage then we'll really be in trouble. Read the first line and remember it.

Re: Demonstration 2

Brothers and sisters do Not be afraid of the tyrants threats. These people are supporting the pd.

First of all, the demonstration is mainly to convince the city that we need more cops. We just hired three and working to get back up to about a hundred as soon as possible. Yes, it's short of where we need to be, but it's too soon to turn on the New Chief and City Manager. I hear there are some efforts to repair some of the damage done to us. I think it would be pre-mature to do anything that will derail any efforts in that area. Ms. Kimball has every right to demonstrate, however the PD needs to stay out of it. Our antagonistic attitude (not without merit) has not fared well for us in the past. We've been kicked in the balls for the last few years, and while we need some relief, we need to stay focused on repairing our image.

Quote Originally Posted by Too soon
    First of all, the demonstration is mainly to convince the city that we need more cops. We just hired three and working to get back up to about a hundred as soon as possible. Yes, it's short of where we need to be, but it's too soon to turn on the New Chief and City Manager. I hear there are some efforts to repair some of the damage done to us. I think it would be pre-mature to do anything that will derail any efforts in that area. Ms. Kimball has every right to demonstrate, however the PD needs to stay out of it. Our antagonistic attitude (not without merit) has not fared well for us in the past. We've been kicked in the balls for the last few years, and while we need some relief, we need to stay focused on repairing our image.

No thanks Ricky bobby I think we will get involved. We've stood by waiting for a long time with no action and it's got us where we are today. Btw this is not a reflection on the chief or cm. They're trying to right the ship. I think anyways.

Antagonistic attitude? Give me a break. Repairing our image? What image is that? The one that's had everything and more taken from it? Repair your brain before you post anymore moronic comments.

The CM and new chief didn't cause this mess, city hall did, but I can't say I've seen any significant improvement since they arrived. And to suggest that our attitude has any effect on the outcome of our negotiations with city hall ignores the fact that we've been kicked in the balls by city hall no matter how we've negotiated...whether we used Pons' aggressive style or Rand's passive and agreeable style, either way...we've been absolutely raped by this mayor and council. Rand has been as diplomatic as humanly possible and still they imposed a contract that froze our pay for the 6th year in a row while taking away thousands and thousands in benefits...not to mention the fact they caused a lawsuit by trying to strip us of pension benefits that we bought and paid for.

Do I believe a "better" attitude by officers will make a damn bit of difference? Nope. Not if history is any indication.

Karen we support you 100%. As we do with all the residents we serve and protect.

Unfortunately this fight, I feel has to stay at this time with the residents. We have been abused beyond imagination by this city council and this Mayor. The only change can come from you not the employees. As you can see they just Sh!t all over us.

Ultimately the demonstration has to be done by the residents at the polls.
    Expose these crooks for what they are.