Resolve Change - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resolve Change

Re: Resolve Change

Well it looks like one of your issues with cannabis has been cleared!
    According to CNN, "The U.S. government issued rules on Friday for the first time allowing banks to legally provide financial services to state-licensed marijuana businesses".

"The Justice Department issued a memorandum to prosecutors that closely follows guidance last August largely limiting federal enforcement priorities to eight types of crimes".

"These include distribution to children, trafficking by cartels and trafficking to states where marijuana isn't legal. If pot businesses aren't violating federal law in the eight specific priorities, then banks can do business with them and "may not" be prosecuted."

In early October last year I contacted the Congressmen that signed and sent the letter to President Obama asking to bring sanity to the drug policy by appointing a new drug czar. I explain to them the same things I explained to you about the ONDCP being required to oppose legalization for medical or other use. Well, Representative Cohen of Tennessee was wise enough to introduce legislation this week in Congress which addresses the issue -
    HR 4046 "To strike provisions that prohibit the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy from studying the legalization of marijuana, that require the Director to oppose any attempt to legalize marijuana, and for other purposes".

http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-...r4046%22%5D%7D

I have asked our Senator Bill Nelson to introduce the same in the Senate. I will check with his Office mid next week, if he decides to not do it I will do my best to find a Senator that will.

1) Medical issue aside - unemployment rates, workman's comp claims, and drops in tax revenues because people are unemployed and no longer paying taxes. - The economy's problems are not the cause of medical use of cannabis. If anything it has enabled many to return to work, or is that your issue, would you rather those folks remained too ill to work so more jobs might be available for someone healthier?

2) See how these other states handle these issues first - California legalized medical use of cannabis in 1996, there are now 20 states with medical use and 2 that have legalized it recreationaly. There are many models. The states with the least problems have the best most comprehensive legislation. Senator Jeff Clemens has introduced the best legislation in comparison to all other states. It clarifies everything. The states with the biggest problems have the vaguest legislation. Is Florida so backwards we can't manage what 20 other states do?

3) You stated, "I am afraid your diatribe about the gov't conspiracy making it illegal to research marijuana uses smells of common paranoia that generally associated with drug abuse". -
    First I never made any such claim, did you read what I wrote or assumed what I may have written? Believe me there is no smell of common paranoia that generally associated with drug abuse as you claim. I am well aware the National Institute of Health's Library is loaded with medical studies proving cannabis is a safe effective medicine and how it helps our own endocannabinoid system when it does not function properly. I have read every one of them. Have you read any of them? Are you aware the endocannabinoid system not producing enough cannabinoids is the direct cause and reason for motion sickness? Cannabis has been studied more than any substance known to mankind. Want to know the truth about cannabis and it's effect on any ailment? Simply type marijuana and the ailment, for example, marijuana Arthritis, or marijuana Crohns, in a Google search. Pick an ailment, you will be amazed at what you find, medical studies explaining it all - the truth. Google "endocannabinoid system homeostasis" I bet you won't be able to stop talking about what you learn. I know I can't.

Cannabis is such an awesome antibiotic it can kill methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and disrupt the progression of prion diseases such as Mad Cow and Creutzfeld-Jakob disease. According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, currently there is "No FDA-approved treatment for a prion disease.”

Thousands of deaths each year in the U.S. are caused by MRSA. A recent study shows hemp fabric stops the spread of Staph and MRSA. In light of that, with the Staph and MRSA epidemic in most U.S. Hospitals wouldn't it be wise to use hemp fabric for all hospital bedding, towels, clothing and curtains?

I have had a very busy few days and will finish as soon as I have a moment.

The follow 2 articles may help put things in perspective.

What's Tylenol Doing to Our Minds?
    The same pathways that help with physical pain seem to moderate existential distress.
    James Hamblin Apr 18 2013,
    http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...r-minds/275101/

Ask the Pharmacist
    10 Drugs That May Cause Memory Loss
    Are you having trouble remembering things? One of these meds may be the problem
    by Dr. Armon B. Neel Jr., AARP, May 10, 2013
    http://www.aarp.org/health/brain-hea...ry-loss.2.html

We have American Medicine and it works for many, yet there are other widely accepted forms of medicine. Medical cannabis is considered holistic medicine in many areas of the country. It has always been a part of Ayurvedic, Chinese and Korean medicines. Cannabis was widely used as medicine in this nation until 1937. Now science understands the connection between the plant and humans, it is time the nation accepts cannabis medicine as a science. In addition to American Medicine we currently have Chiropractic, Holistic, Herbal and Ayurvedic medicine being practiced here. There is room for cannabis medicine, the practice of medicine based on the endocannabinoid system and using cannabis to treat it. To say we are a free nation and forbid the only natural homeostatic substance that can actually heal people is an oxymoron.

O.K., I'm listening to your arguments about medical use. Let me test your intent. I want to know if you really want medical marijuana or if you are just looking to baby step your way into full legalization. I see your side listed over 40 ailments medical marijuana can be used for. In reality, the doctors are prescribing this for anything and everything.

If we agreed to legalize medical marijuana for specific forms of cancer only (this is the argument Morgan and Morgan et. al. are making, that we need to legalize marijuana for the cancer patients), and allow only an oncologist to write the prescription, would this satisfy your side? Remember, cancer doctors say they already have a pill with the active ingredient in marijuana (THC) ready to go. No need to smoke and no need for us to ingest second hand smoke. This may solve a lot of logistical issues dealing with the smoking of marijuana.

In response to : THC, the active medical ingredient in marijuana, is already available in pill form. There is no need to legalize cannabis since the active ingredient is available.If we are really going to use this drug as a medicine then lets allow the medical community to prescribe a pill. Its strength is controlled, it comes from a regulated pharmacy, it is taxed, and the doctors do not simply pass them out for "jock itch", as reported in California.

Thank you for the discussion.

Let me start by explaining more about the endocannabinoid system. Just as some people have high blood pressure or low blood pressure, diabetes or hypoglycemia, over or under-active thyroid system, the list goes on, there are so many things that can be imperfect in our complex bodies, some have a malfunctioning endocannabinoid system, it doesn’t produce enough cannabinoids or seem to get enough to the place that needs them.

Our bodies do run on cannabinoids we use them for everything. The main function of the endocannabinoid system is homeostasis.
    Homeostasis is
    “1. the tendency of a system, especially the physiological system of higher animals, to maintain internal stability, owing to the coordinated response of its parts to any situation or stimulus that would tend to disturb its normal condition or function.

2. Psychology . a state of psychological equilibrium obtained when tension or a drive has been reduced or eliminated.”

Evidence offered: (Discussion continues further)

“Endocannabinoid System Participates in Neuroendocrine Control of Homeostasis”
    at http://www.odon.uba.ar/uacad/fisiolo...annabinoid.pdf

The Endocannabinoid System as Pharmacological Target Derived from Its CNS Role in Energy Homeostasis and Reward. Applications in Eating Disorders and Addiction
    “Abstract: The endocannabinoid system (ECS) has been implicated in many physiological functions, including the regulation of appetite, food intake and energy balance, a crucial involvement in brain reward systems and a role in psychophysiological homeostasis (anxiety and stress responses). We first introduce this important regulatory system and chronicle what is known concerning the signal transduction pathways activated upon the binding of endogenous cannabinoid ligands to the Gi/0-coupled CB1 cannabinoid receptor, as well as its interactions with other hormones and neuromodulators which can modify endocannabinoid signaling in the brain. Anorexia nervosa (AN) and bulimia nervosa (BN) are severe and disabling psychiatric disorders, characterized by profound eating and weight alterations and body image disturbances. Since endocannabinoids modulate eating behavior, it is plausible that endocannabinoid genes may contribute to the biological vulnerability to these diseases. We present and discuss data suggesting an impaired endocannabinoid signaling in these eating disorders, including association of endocannabinoid components gene polymorphisms and altered CB1-receptor expression in AN and BN. Then we discuss recent findings that may provide new avenues for the identification of therapeutic strategies based on the endocannabinod system. In relation with its implications as a reward-related system, the endocannabinoid system is not only a target for cannabis but it also shows interactions with other drugs of abuse. On the other hand, there may be also a possibility to point to the ECS as a potential target for treatment of drug-abuse and addiction. Within this framework we will focus on enzymatic machinery involved in endocannabinoid inactivation (notably fatty acid amide hydrolase or FAAH) as a particularly interesting potential target. Since a deregulated endocannabinoid system may be also related to depression, anxiety and pain symptomatology accompanying drug-withdrawal states, this is an area of relevance to also explore adjuvant treatments for improving these adverse emotional reactions.”

Conclusions:
    “The ECS is a lipid signaling system comprising all the molecular machinery needed to properly activate the cannabinoid receptors. There is a vast array of CB1 and CB2 receptor-mediated signal transduction mechanisms that undoubtedly contributes to the diverse biological processes influenced by cannabinoids. Indeed, endogenous cannabinoid biosynthesis and cannabinoid receptor-mediated signal transduction is altered by a number of hormones and neuromodulators. At the cellular level, cannabinoids decrease stimulus-secretion coupling, and electrochemical transmission between neurons
    via presynaptic, trans-synaptic and postsynaptic mechanisms. At the central nervous system level, cannabinoids are involved in learning and memory, antinociception, motor function, energy balance, stress, thermoregulation, reproduction, drug reward and immunomodulation.”

“Regarding energy homeostasis, the ECS is strategically located in all the key points involved in food intake and energy expenditure. It is perhaps one of the few that can coordinate all the players involved in energy balance, thus being an interesting target in all the diseases related to an imbalanced energy homeostasis like obesity and eating disorders. The etiology of eating disorders is currently unknown and the molecular systems involved are still largely a mystery. However, an increasing body of evidence points to an important role of brain circuits related with feeding behavior, especially those related with the reward system, where the ECS has an important role. Recent findings, starting from human genetic association studies and including other molecular, physiological and pathophysiological studies, are suggestive of a deregulation of the ECS in eating disorders that is still not completely understood. In clinical practice cannabinoid agonists are being used safely and successfully in other diseases in which weight gain is needed, like cachexia in AIDS patients but, however, the trials on the therapeutic validity of cannabinoids on eating disorders are very scarce and the results are inconclusive. Taken together, all these considerations encourage the development of new clinical trials for assessing cannabinoid agonists in the management of eating disorders.”

“Intrinsically rewarding stimuli and psychoactive drugs activate the same mesolimbic dopaminergic reward pathway and the CB1 receptor has a key role in the control of this reward pathway.

Additionally, the FAAH enzyme indirectly modulates the CB1 receptor activity by ending the cannabinoids action, thus suggesting that it could have a role in regulating reward pathways. A FAAH SNP has been associated with drug addiction and some other evidences suggest a role for this enzyme in drug-abuse. Collectively, the findings have led to the idea of FAAH as a possible target for abstinence treatment by controlling its activity and also its expression. However, further studies are needed to provide more knowledge about the role of FAAH in drug-abuse and addiction and the putative therapeutic value of compounds capable of modulating the activity of this enzyme.”

You can download a free pdf here http://www.mdpi.com/1424-8247/4/8/1101

From the Institute of Molecular Psychiatry:
    Institute of Molecular Psychiatry established “ the DFG funded Research Unit 926 “Physiology and Pathophysiology of the Endocannabinoid System” together with colleagues from the University of Mainz. In the focus of this Research Unit was the idea that the endocannabinoid system (ECS) plays a critical role in the maintenance of the organism’s homeostasis. When exposed to a stressor, our body responds by the release of chemical mediators, which enables us to cope with the situation and to maintain a stable internal milieu. These reactions are initially beneficial for the organism, but the chronic elevation of stress response mediators results in a cumulative “allostatic load”, which may contribute to pathological processes.

We felt that the function of the ECS in maintaining homeostasis would be best addressed in an interdisciplinary consortium that attempts to clarify commonalities in the function or dysfunction of the ECS in different organ systems and developmental periods, to build up a critical mass necessary to successfully compete in this field of very competitive research. We therefore build up a consortium composed of research groups with a long standing track record in cannabinoid research and groups who were interested in studying the ECS in the context of their primary research focus.

The goal of this multi-disciplinary Research Unit is the analysis of the ECS in the maintenance of homeostasis and investigations on the consequences of chronic changes in ECS activity in different model systems. These projects aim at elucidating commonalities in the function or dysfunction of the ECS in normal physiology and pathophysiology.

The following projects are included in FOR926:

SP1: Prof. Dr. Christian Behl
    “Analysis of the detrimental effects of Cnr1-/- mice in an Alzheimer’s mouse model and of the interplay between CB1 receptor function and amyloid precursor protein processing.”
    Institute of Physiological Chemistry & Pathobiochemistry, University of Mainz

SP2: Dr. Dr. Andras Bilkei-Gorzo and Prof. Dr. Eberhard Schlicker
    “Function of the endocannabinoid system in normal and pathological aging processes of the brain.”
    Institute of Molecular Psychiatry and Department of Psychiatry, University of Bonn

SP3: Prof. Dr. Beat Lutz
    “Characterization of cell type-specific endocannabinoid signaling at biochemical and behavioral level.”

SP4: Project has been combined with SP2.

SP5: Dr. Walter Magerl and Prof. Dr. Rolf-Detlef Treede
    “Role of the endocannabinoid system in human pain sensitivity, pain plasticity, pain habituation, and neurogenic and non-neurogenic inflammation.”
    Center of Biomedicine and Medical Technology Mannheim (CBTM)

SP6: Prof. Dr. Andreas Zimmer
    “The role of the CB2 receptor and human CB2 receptor variants in neuropathic pain.”
    Institute of Molecular Psychiatry, University of Bonn

SP7: Dr. Evelyn Gaffal and Prof. Dr. Thomas Tüting
    “Role of the endocannabinoid system in the regulation of cellular immune responses in the skin.”
    Department of Dermatology, University of Bonn

SP8: Dr. Oliver Dewald, Dr. Daniela Wenzel and Prof. Dr. Bernd Fleischmann
    “The role of the endocannabinoid system in homeostasis and adaptation to pathological conditions in the murine cardiopulmonary system.”
    Department of Cardiac Surgery and Institute of Physiology I, University of Bonn

SP9: Dr. Miriam Schneider
    “Impact of the developing endocannabinoid system in rats on the modulatory influence of stress on adolescent ethanol intake.”
    Institute of Psychopharmacology, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim

SP10: Dr. Judith Alferink
    “Role of the cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2) in neuroinflammation.”
    Department of Psychiatry and Institute of Molecular Psychiatry, University of Bonn

CP1: Prof. Dr. Beat Lutz
    “Detection and quantification of endocannabinoids and related lipids by LC-MS/MS.”

CP2: Prof. Dr. Andreas Zimmer and Prof. Dr. Beat Lutz
    “Common resources of the Research Unit.”
    Institute of Molecular Psychiatry, University of Bonn and Institute of Physiological Chemistry & Pathobiochemistry, University of Mainz

We as a society are learning as fast as we can so much so that researchers have a hard time keeping up with it all and have a global meetings every 2 years where are researchers gather and share what they are learning.

Back to the discussion:

From sitting in a moving car to injuries the endocannabinoid system is involved and so are cannabinoids, they are even in mother’s milk. Some people are just cannabinoid challenged, their bodies don’t produce enough to cope with what is going on within the body, this causes problems from minor things like motion sickness to much more serious problems. For some ailments the cannabinoids balance a system affected by an ailment.

Cannabis for “jock Itch” is actually no laughing matter. Cannabis is an awesome anti-fungal, anti-biotic, anti-parasitic and antiviral.

From a recent article:
    “ Antimicrobials come in four major categories anti-biotic, antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic. Cannabis is active on all four groups.”
    “Italy’s Universita del Piemonte Orientale and Britain’s University of London, School of Pharmacy assessed the antibacterial properties of five cannabinoids – THC, CBD (cannabidiol), CBG (cannabigerol), CBC (cannabichromine), and CBN (cannabinol) – against various strains of multidrug-resistant bacteria, including MRSA.“All compounds showed potent antibacterial activity,” authors determined. Researchers noted that cannabinoids showed “exceptional” antibacterial activity against EMERSA-15 and EMERSA-16, the major epidemic MRSA strains occurring in UK hospitals. Cannabinoids appear to be unaffected by the mechanism that “super bugs” like MRSA use to evade existing antibiotics.”

I found “NoFungUsAmongUs CannaSpray”, the directions read : Apply topically for Athlete’s foot, jock itch, fingernail or toenail fungus, candida rash, ringworm, eczema, psoriasis, herpes and even oral infections. Spray on and allow to dry. While cannabis is being used for jock itch it isn’t smoked for it but rather used topically.

On the subject of just prescribing pills:

Just as no two diabetics are the same in insulin needs, as with with many other conditions of the body, the endocannbinoid systems vary from person to person too. That is what makes prescribing a set amount difficult and why each patient has different needs. Most patients that would be considered eligible under law, (1.6 million Florida patients according to State Health Officials) are looking for a safer option to the chemical medical, something that is milder or less addictive than an opiate or other medication, or for many that have no medicine available such as those with rare diseases, something that would help them. For most patients it is not about getting high but getting up. Getting up out bed, getting up to eat, getting up and functioning. Many pharmaceuticals are like knock-out pills, cannabis is not. It offer a better quality of life than being bedridden from the side effects of pills.

The mainstream news did not cover it, however, in early December the American Herbal Pharmacopoeia (AHP) released the first installation of a two-part Cannabis monograph today that classifies cannabis (marijuana) as a botanical medicine, alongside many other widely accepted Complementary and Alternative Medicines.

The American Herbal Pharmacopoeia® develops qualitative and therapeutic monographs on botanicals, including many of the Ayurvedic, Chinese, and Western herbs most frequently used in the United States.

“These monographs represent the most comprehensive and critically reviewed body of information on herbal medicines in the English language, and serve as a primary reference for academicians, health care providers, manufacturers, and regulators”.

Hopefully that will ease your concerns about the pharmaceutical companies not being so involved. In addition, the pharmaceutical companies work with patented chemical medicines, cannabis does not fall into that category.

The pharmaceutical companies tend to want to break cannabis down into individual components,they are wasting so much time when they could be making money, its just sad. Marinol a classic example, doesn’t work as well for patients as the whole plant. That has been documented over and over. Most anti-cannabis Leagues refer to Marinol, even you stated, ”THC, the active medical ingredient in marijuana, is already available in pill form. There is no need to legalize cannabis since the active ingredient is available”. First of all, THC is not the only “the active medical ingredient “as you refer to it, but rather the main psychologically active ingredient in cannabis. It isn’t as effective because it needs the other cannabinoids, terpens/terpenoids, and flavonoids to be as effective as cannabis. One synthetic cannabinoid can in no way compare to the entire natural combination of healing properties each has. The following has several charts showing the healing and several other properties of many of the cannabinoids, terpenes/terpenoids, and flavonoids, the article may give you a much clearer understanding - “CANNABIS AND CANNABIS EXTRACTS GREATER THAN THE SUM OF THEIR PARTS” by Dorctors John M. McPartland and Ethan B. Russo athttp://www.docstoc.com/docs/document...oc_id=33537754 .

The differences between eating, smoking, and topical use of cannabis and why each has a purpose.

Since smoking is your major concern let me start there. The absolute best purpose for smoking cannabis is as an expectorant. For those who are allergic to guaifenesin, the expectorant used in most cough and cold medications, it can be a life saver. It can be the difference between suffocating on ones own mucus and coughing it out and opening the breathing airways. It can prevent pneumonia by allowing the mucus to be coughed out.
    The other main reasons for smoking are almost instant relief and titration. If one is vomiting, eating is not always possible. Waiting 40 minutes to an hour or longer for something eaten to work doesn’t usually work when vomiting is involved because what was eaten usually gets thrown up, so a few puffs to stop the vomiting can be the best solution for the patient at the time.

For many patients a small amount is all they need. Parkinson’s patients report it takes 1 - 4 puffs generally to stop the tremors. By smoking it provides the relief almost instantly. They can titrate, use what they need, 1 puff at a time. You can’t do that so easily when eating something that takes 40 minutes to over an hour to work. Why should an elderly Parkinson’s patient or anyone with ailment that cause tremors or spasms, or vomiting have to wait for relief when it could be instantly?

Consuming cannabis by eating food infused with cannabis extracts such as cannabis butter or oil is a very safe way to medicate. It bypasses the hypothalamus, a plus for many patients, for others it helps but does not provide as complete of a relief. Patients learn what works best for them and their own endocanninoid system.

Topical use if effective for such a wide variety of issues, as discussed anti-biotic, antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, but also for pain, inflammation, gout, skin care, even skin cancer. There are 2 main different types of cannabis oil, one is for cooking, baking and food the other, is often called RSO or Rick Simpson Oil named so after the man who rediscovered it and has been educating the world about it. RSO is made different and kills cancer in several ways. While even the cooking/baking oil can be helpful for pain it take the RSO oil topically to kill skin cancer. For an internal cancer one needs to consume the RSO to kill the cancer, smoking it won’t work, you need a far higher dose than .

The following effects of cannabis is how it kills cancer Anti-Proliferative - prevents cells from reproducing, Anti-Angiogenic - prevents formation of new blood vessels needed by tumor to grow, Anti-Metastatic - prevents cancer from spreading to other organs, Apoptotic - induces cell to seek it’s own death.
    But don’t take my word for it. -
    [youtube:25do6swz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttdDOqQMuY[/youtube:25do6swz]

I will answer your last post next.

I apologize for the delay in response. I was in process of moving.
    Again, Thank you for the conversation.
    You stated you wanted to test my intent.

I have explained the endocannabinoid system and how it is our homeostasis mechanism. I mentioned Dr William L. Courtney, who has been studying the benefits of raw cannabis and that he states, "It (cannabis) has captures these molecules that help our bodies regulatory system be more effective. The bottom line is it's a dietary essential that helps all 210 cell types function more effectively”. He further states, “ I don't even refer to it as medicine anymore, strictly as a dietary essential". Cannabis is widely accepted and referred to as a nutraceutical, which is “Food, or parts of food, that provide medical or health benefits, including the prevention and treatment of disease”. I explained how we run on cannabinoids.

In raw fresh form cannabis is loaded with health benefits and will not get one high. It’s been said it has 60 times the healing properties compared to smoking because nothing gets burned, but instead consumed. It is the process of drying cannabis that turns THCA into THC. THCA is not psychoactive. One can consume raw fresh cannabis all day and never get high from it. A daily glass of cannabis juice has phenomenal healing properties and has saved lives, killed cancer, healed other diseases and brought those at deaths door back to a healthy life.

As a Florida patient who has proven to the court that I need it or I will die as they watched me deteriorate to the point of near toxic death, over a two and a half year court ordeal, and witnessed the amazing recovery once allowed to use the medicine again, I have a complete understanding of the critical value of the nutraceutical, the medicine, and the nature of plant/human relationship. My body slowly over time shuts down starting with my digestive system. I set out to understand why the medicine worked so well for me so I could explain it to the court. What I learned was amazing, emotionally overwhelming, and life altering. Once you understand that our bodies use cannabinoids for everything and it is a necessary nutrient for the human body to function and that in it natural raw state it is nothing but health in an herb, how can one come to any other conclusion other than it should be legal to grow in every back yard on the planet, sold in the produce department of every grocery store, served commonly in salads and as a sandwich topping, and a glass of fresh raw cannabis juice a should be as common as a glass of orange juice or apple juice. As a population control measure one may want to continue the illegality of the plant, but then that is genocide, an unacceptable practice by any government isn’t it? Do we outlaw grapes because they can be made into wine? Pharmaceutical companies continue to manufacture new addictive deadly drugs at an alarming rate, yet no one seems concerned over that. Why should cannabis medicine be treated different from any other medicine? It is simply an herbal medicine that drug companies considered a waste of time knowing they can not patent it in it best form. I think that was a huge mistake on their part, they could be manufacturing and selling RSO capsules now and bring an end to cancer as we know it, had they taken it seriously. Now we have a new industry that will continue to make strides in healing the masses. We have American Medicine and it works for many, yet there are other widely accepted forms of medicine. Medical cannabis is considered holistic medicine in many areas of the country. It has always been a part of Ayurvedic, Chinese and Korean medicines. Cannabis was widely used as medicine in this nation until 1937. Now science understands the connection between the plant and humans, it is time the nation accepts cannabis medicine as a science. In addition to American Medicine we currently have Chiropractic, Holistic, Herbal and Ayurvedic medicine being practiced here. There is room for cannabis medicine, the practice of medicine based on the endocannabinoid system and using cannabis to treat it.

Humans will always use an intoxicant. Cannabis is safer than alcohol for mind, body, and society. If we are a free nation we should have a legal choice of relaxants. Cannabis being the “Safest substance known to mankind”, according to the DEA’s Chief Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young, and never being the cause of a single death, should be legal to grow in every backyard on the planet. Is medical use a baby step to legalization, NO, it is a baby step to understanding the human/plant relationship we have with cannabis.

Since cannabis is the only thing that keeps my body functioning, (even my doctor and lawyer will atest to that) and I have seen and read of the thousands it helps in everything from seizures to cancer when all of modern medicines fail, I believe the government MUST legalize it, not doing so is a genocide, or forced chemical medical slavery. I have seen the damages of pharmaceuticals. The leading cause of addiction today is pharmaceuticals which are damaging to the body. Cannabis is a proven nutraceutical and consumed raw and fresh makes all 210 cell types work better. I believe every person on the planet should have safe legal access to such an amazing health benefit. The health of your children or grandchildren may depend on it.

If you don’t know the history of cannabis prohibition, the AMA’s objection to it, the wars fought over it, I advise you read up on it, again you may well be surprised by what you learn. Every American should know the truth, the best documentation of that is available free online “The Emperor Wears No Clothes” at http://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

With tears of joy and a deeply heartfelt renewed faith in humanity, I thank the Florida Sheriff's Association and those involved for changing your stance and voicing support for bill HB 843 in the Florida House Criminal Justice Subcommittee Hearing yesterday. I am sure the entire neighborhood heard me when I read, "The Florida Sheriff's Association, which adamantly opposes a constitutional amendment to legalize marijuana for medical use in Florida, surprised many when it choose not to speak up but said only: "in support."

in this news article: http://www.bradenton.com/2014/03/05/502 ... rylink=cpy

On behalf of all the patients, THANK YOU!

We all hope when it comes to HB 859 - Medical Use Of Cannabis, the Cathy Jordan Medical Cannabis Act, you have the same compassion, understanding and support for those that need a higher THC level like the cancer patients and so many others that suffer health ailments cannabis has shown to be so effective in helping improve their quality of life, or body's ability to function.

Again, I and many others are so deeply touched by your compassion and understanding, it has given me, and I know so many others new hope, a refreshed view of law enforcement, and strength to continue.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12