Attention new hire wanna be's - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Attention new hire wanna be's

Quote Originally Posted by justaquestion
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Work for fort lauderdale, its the next best thing next to miami. Imagine yourself working on the beach during the day or in the marine unit. Fort lauderdale is really where you wanna go.
    I heard ft laud is having problkems of there own

trruueee! stay away from Lauderdale. I have a few buddies that work there and jeez

WTF is up with the city hall and HPD personnel being rude as shit!? I go turn in my PHS (more like booklet than statement) and the female at the window was rude as hell. I guess she thought because I was applying for a job I wasn't going to get rude back with her so that changed her attitude quick. BEFORE that, an officer was walking out as I was about to walk in and he saw I had my booklet in my hand...this guy, standing about 4'8", gives me a snobby look instead of speaking back. I honestly stood in that lobby and thought twice about telling her to just give me back my packet and find more recruits to apply if this is the type of people I'll be working around. This put the icing on the cake...I call the police dept last week (the number on the booklet) to get clarification about something and this snobby lady started getting rude because she wasn't giving me a clear answer and kept saying to just call the city HR. I had to put her in line and let her know, there's no need in getting rude and trying to get smart for no reason. I'm simply asking for clarification and according to your packet, this is the number to call for that. I wish the guy I spoke with about 3wks ago would've answered. He was very professional and straight to the point. JEEZ, is this why the city of Hollywood have banners and posters up every where begging people to "Join the Force"???

Quote Originally Posted by Rude!
    WTF is up with the city hall and HPD personnel being rude as shit!? I go turn in my PHS (more like booklet than statement) and the female at the window was rude as hell. I guess she thought because I was applying for a job I wasn't going to get rude back with her so that changed her attitude quick. BEFORE that, an officer was walking out as I was about to walk in and he saw I had my booklet in my hand...this guy, standing about 4'8", gives me a snobby look instead of speaking back. I honestly stood in that lobby and thought twice about telling her to just give me back my packet and find more recruits to apply if this is the type of people I'll be working around. This put the icing on the cake...I call the police dept last week (the number on the booklet) to get clarification about something and this snobby lady started getting rude because she wasn't giving me a clear answer and kept saying to just call the city HR. I had to put her in line and let her know, there's no need in getting rude and trying to get smart for no reason. I'm simply asking for clarification and according to your packet, this is the number to call for that. I wish the guy I spoke with about 3wks ago would've answered. He was very professional and straight to the point. JEEZ, is this why the city of Hollywood have banners and posters up every where begging people to "Join the Force"???
    Can't say I'm surprised

Quote Originally Posted by justaquestion
    Work for fort lauderdale, its the next best thing next to miami. Imagine yourself working on the beach during the day or in the marine unit. Fort lauderdale is really where you wanna go.
    I heard ft laud is having problkems of there own
    Yes but problems are easier to handle when you are making 15,000 more a year than a Hollywood cop

Lightbulb Re: Attention new hire wanna be's

Same Here guys.. This department and HR is a joke! Actually, today I am thankful!

Just quick story.. :mrgreen:

Disqualified beginning of 2014.

Use of any type of controlled substances without a prescription or professional medical advice or supervision shows a lack of better judgment by any candidate.Our department has experienced several incidents that have resulted in the need for higher standards from new recruits.

I`m 30 YO I used ONCE back in 2009

2 driving tickets (whole driving history) Last one 2008.
    Police Academy, Class VP
    Good credit.
    No criminal record at all, not even detained once.
    Stable job history with good position and income.
    Great references.
    2 languages.

Thanks to City of Hollywood for saving my career. As today I know why people were telling me to not apply over there. :snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by LEOTPA
    Same Here guys.. This department and HR is a joke! Actually, today I am thankful!

Use of any type of controlled substances without a prescription or professional medical advice or supervision shows a lack of better judgment by any candidate.Our department has experienced several incidents that have resulted in the need for higher standards from new recruits.

Police Academy, Class VP
    Good credit.
    Great references.
    2 languages.

Thanks to City of Hollywood for saving my career. As today I know why people were telling me to not apply over there. :snicker:

Police Academy, Class VP
    Good credit.
    Great references.
    2 languages.

Yep, HR, The Chief and city manager are and have been running off good candidates and good current employees. It is no secret. Go anywhere but here. IDC what anyone says about Ft Lauderdale, at least they have a decent wage and pension and the ones who left here and went to Ft Lauderdale seem to be doing just fine. Run don't walk away from Hollywood.

Police Academy, Class VP
    Good credit.
    Great references.
    2 languages.

Quick question; who was it that DQ'ed you? The City Hall HR in the pre-lim background check or was it the actual PD background investigator? They probably look at it as if you were 25 when you used whatever controlled substance. You were a grown adult who knew right from wrong. Unlike some people, when they experienced it they were juveniles and everyone know how HS juvi's are. So they don't quite hold that against ppl. I dunno, that's just my opinion on WHY they used that against you but if it was me, I wouldn't have. Just my .02.

Police Academy, Class VP
    Good credit.
    Great references.
    2 languages.

Police Academy, Class VP
    Good credit.
    Great references.
    2 languages.

Yep, HR, The Chief and city manager are and have been running off good candidates and good current employees. It is no secret. Go anywhere but here. IDC what anyone says about Ft Lauderdale, at least they have a decent wage and pension and the ones who left here and went to Ft Lauderdale seem to be doing just fine. Run don't walk away from Hollywood.
    It's so funny to hear all the ads Hollywood begging for new officers. Great candidates apply and don't even get any consideration...for instance a good friend of mine former marine military police with two tours to Iraq and a completed degree applied, he had a juvenile felony (adjudation withheld) he scored a 95 on cjbat and hollywood didn't even offer him a interview... I say give it a couple years let the economy rebound and watch depts start begging for candidates again.. The applicant pools are very big right now the job market in south florida is bleak right now police agency's can be picky but not for long.....

[/quote]It's so funny to hear all the ads Hollywood begging for new officers. Great candidates apply and don't even get any consideration...for instance a good friend of mine former marine military police with two tours to Iraq and a completed degree applied, he had a juvenile felony (adjudation withheld) he scored a 95 on cjbat and hollywood didn't even offer him a interview... I say give it a couple years let the economy rebound and watch depts start begging for candidates again.. The applicant pools are very big right now the job market in south florida is bleak right now police agency's can be picky but not for long.....[/quote]

I pretty much have the same background but without any record; juvi or as an adult. Hopefully they give me a shot....I'll rep for the military vets and give us a good name. tell him to try again in a year; that'll show he's really interested

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead

Police Academy, Class VP
    Good credit.
    Great references.
    2 languages.

Police Academy, Class VP
    Good credit.
    Great references.
    2 languages.

It's so funny to hear all the ads Hollywood begging for new officers. Great candidates apply and don't even get any consideration...for instance a good friend of mine former marine military police with two tours to Iraq and a completed degree applied, he had a juvenile felony (adjudation withheld) he scored a 95 on cjbat and hollywood didn't even offer him a interview... I say give it a couple years let the economy rebound and watch depts start begging for candidates again.. The applicant pools are very big right now the job market in south florida is bleak right now police agency's can be picky but not for long.....
    juvenile felony (adjudation withheld) it's still considered a conviction at Hollhood Police...You are lucky, this place is a dump. I have less than 10 years and I'm applying everywhere else.....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast