1018 in the rain

1018 in the rain

why are you fools driving 1018 to calls in the rain? talk about stupid. nothing except a fellow cop yelling for help is that important. wet, slippery, low visibility....but go 90 mph to that alarm or 911 hang up. bunch of dumb arses.

Re: 1018 in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    why are you fools driving 1018 to calls in the rain? talk about stupid. nothing except a fellow cop yelling for help is that important. wet, slippery, low visibility....but go 90 mph to that alarm or 911 hang up. bunch of dumb arses.
    hey genius either you dont work at PCSO or you have missed a couple of briefings. The SO's new policy states that you will run 10-18 to EVERYTHING in progress, including dog barking calls, loud noise, and anything a teenybopper call taker accidentally stupidly marks a priority one call.

Therefore the only people you have to blame are the clueless dopes sitting up in the castle making these GO's and Temporary GO's when they have no clue what happens outside of their oversized over priced chairs .

The discretion to go 10-18 is no longer with the Deputy in the field, GJ changed that years ago. A call taker inside the multi-million dollar communication center makes that decision for Deputies. As we all know, comm center call takers are vastly trained and experienced more so than any street cop. GJ decided years ago, road Deputies are not intelligent enough to make many decisions. That's why they are just glorified armed secretaries. To show how stupid things are, I was 1/4 mile from a S4 with info one of the drivers maybe s1, so I responded without going 10-18 because for two reasons: 1) If the info was correct and the driver was s1, i didn't want the person to flee the scene for hearing my siren and 2) I was only 1/4 mile away. Needless to say, after I said 10-97, my LT immediately keys up and tell dispatch have that unit 10-19 after the call is completed. The s4 wasn't a s1 and simple fender bender. I went 10-19 as instructed and got an arse chewing for not going 10-18 because GJ called the LT and asked why that unit not going 10-18!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Curious if the your G.O. states what speed to run when responding 10-18......

Please use common sense. Yes if the GO states go 10-18, then follow GO but you still need to use caution!! You still have to arrived live and if you do crash, you'd be held liable if you did not use caution!! You can't help anyone if you are S7 or have S41.

Quote Originally Posted by guest098098
    The discretion to go 10-18 is no longer with the Deputy in the field, GJ changed that years ago. A call taker inside the multi-million dollar communication center makes that decision for Deputies. As we all know, comm center call takers are vastly trained and experienced more so than any street cop. GJ decided years ago, road Deputies are not intelligent enough to make many decisions. That's why they are just glorified armed secretaries. To show how stupid things are, I was 1/4 mile from a S4 with info one of the drivers maybe s1, so I responded without going 10-18 because for two reasons: 1) If the info was correct and the driver was s1, i didn't want the person to flee the scene for hearing my siren and 2) I was only 1/4 mile away. Needless to say, after I said 10-97, my LT immediately keys up and tell dispatch have that unit 10-19 after the call is completed. The s4 wasn't a s1 and simple fender bender. I went 10-19 as instructed and got an arse chewing for not going 10-18 because GJ called the LT and asked why that unit not going 10-18!!!
    Call takers don't make the decision to make a call a priority 1 or 2 just for the hell of it. We have a guide book that was written by the training unit and approved by upper staff that lays out the rules for every signal and there's numerous ones that the book says to make a priority 1 that we do not always agree with but if we don't follow this book then we can be written up.

come on use your head for something besides a hat rack just because you say 10-18 on the radio doesn't mean you have to run like a bat out of hell ......10-18 at 55mph is the same as 10-18 at 90mph be smarter :cop: