Officers need help

Officers need help

I work for a small police department and a sergeant which is personal friends with the chief has been harrasing and endangering officers under his supervision. This sergeant works the midnight shift, and due to my departments size is the only supervisor working at night, so he drinks whiskey while on duty from a bottle kept in his marked unit and offered the only female officer on the shift to have a drink with him, but she refused and drove away staying quite at the time out of fear of retaliation. The sergeant has since been endangering her life as he orders officers not to back her up on calls then claims he is responding as back up, but never shows up. He issues written discipline to officers who associate with her under the allegation of "unauthorized congregation" which is ludicrous. This sergeant also gives her and her friends negative monthly evaluations for no reason other than his claim that he did not have time to supervise them, so he was unable to see their performance. The female officer finally confronted him about her fear of being injured due to him refusing her to have back up units on calls and his response was I choose for you not to have back up. The brass was made aware in writing of theses incidents and witnesses brought forward, yet it was swept under the rug. What would be the next course of action recommended and would FDLE investigate this??? Thank you for your help.

Re: Officers need help

Officers that need help: (I am going to assume, yes I know what that spells (A S S U M E) is True)

As an officer that was retailated against for speaking out against "unethical" or even "criminal" activity, here is my advice to you:

If this was addressed in writing, as implied by your post, it is also subject to Public Records Request, via F.S.S. 119. Private Message me and I'll be happy to make the PR request of the agency in question. I hope one of you has this correspondence with you as evidence. Failure to comply with the request or provide lawful exemption is a violation of F.S.S.

Don't try to contact FDLE via a police blog. It's hard enough to get the FDLE brass to listen via a phone call let alone subversive coms. If you want FDLE help, sent the Commissioner a Certified Letter, Email is good too, but it doesn't show receipt of the info. Force them to act.

Go to your local State Attorney, via Email or meet with multiple witnesses present. If yours is like ours, you're screwed. Send Email, they hate that as its Public Record and they know it.

Seek out local media channels. Most, these days have no balls to run stories like yours but some outlets do a good job (Tampa, Jacksonville and South Florida) with some proof. If you're in the Tally or panhandle area, good luck, media bought and paid for.

Do you or your peers belong to a union? (PBA or similar?) Seek help there.

Again, assuming this is a valid post, you are ultimately going to have to make a decision to do what you were sworn to do or just ignore the obvious. It may cost you your job and even your career. You took the oath, you decide.

Even though my situation currently sucks, I wouldn't change one thing. Karma is a ***** and she's coming to my town soon. 8)

Thanks for the advice Mr. Diamond, maybe you can help my friend whom works at a naighboring agency. His police chief allegedly masturbated one of the K-9 dogs, so what course of action would you recommend him.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Thanks for the advice Mr. Diamond, maybe you can help my friend whom works at a naighboring agency. His police chief allegedly masturbated one of the K-9 dogs, so what course of action would you recommend him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: