Wow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow

Wow

Wow!! Thanks for the help the other night at the hard rock. The officers that night were a joke!! God forbid you have to work and actually write a report! Oh , and your rookie cops are to funny!!

Re: Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Guest272
    Wow!! Thanks for the help the other night at the hard rock. The officers that night were a joke!! God forbid you have to work and actually write a report! Oh , and your rookie cops are to funny!!
    Your mom

Quote Originally Posted by Guest272
    yeah ur mom and its too funny not to funny, smh

I agree with the original poster. Reading all the incoherent rants on this site about the administration causes one to question the caliber of leadership. However, spend just a few moments with a Seminole cop and you actually feel sorry for the brass, which is something I never thought I would say. The officers are totally incompetent and to make matters much worse, they either can't see it or refuse to acknowledge it. I'm sure there's probably a number of very good cops who work there, but they're overshadowed by the one's myself and others run into on the job and in training classes. Maybe if they tried to gain a greater command of the English language, did their job, and quit complaining about everyone else they might start gaining a little respect. Blame the administration all you want, but our opinions are formed by interactions where no one above the rank of sergeant is present.

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Excuse
    I agree with the original poster. Reading all the incoherent rants on this site about the administration causes one to question the caliber of leadership. However, spend just a few moments with a Seminole cop and you actually feel sorry for the brass, which is something I never thought I would say. The officers are totally incompetent and to make matters much worse, they either can't see it or refuse to acknowledge it. I'm sure there's probably a number of very good cops who work there, but they're overshadowed by the one's myself and others run into on the job and in training classes. Maybe if they tried to gain a greater command of the English language, did their job, and quit complaining about everyone else they might start gaining a little respect. Blame the administration all you want, but our opinions are formed by interactions where no one above the rank of sergeant is present.
    It's a good excuse to blame the brass, whenu say, the officers are incompetent, not knowledgable, lazy, job scared, but here it is, who hires these ppl, who swears them in, the brass does, they r responsible.

The chief (really not much of one) is totally responsible. The brass have no idea what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by guest111
    The chief (really not much of one) is totally responsible. The brass have no idea what's going on.
    I did some trolling and found ole Wilbur FBI academy class and found that the president of the class was a Sheriff by the name of Mike Scott so I decided to do some research for leadership traits since I don't know this guy from adam.

Will: appointed Chief in 2006 and it seems is on a slippery slope
    Scott: ELECTED sheriff in 2004 and has won 80 percent of the vote in each election.
    Will: supervises 250 employees maybe 170 sworn
    Scott: supervises 2500 employees 2200 sworn
    Will: has a bachelors degree in public administration
    Scott: has a Masters degree in business
    Will: Oversees to serve and to serve 3000 tribal members
    Scott: Oversees to serve and to protect 645,000
    Will: Hold classes every Thursday in 40 hour block to tell you what u are doing wrong
    Scott: sees u in the hallway, shakes ur hand and keeps walking,
    Will: Has an entire police department focused on "what r u doing to solve the drug problem" a drug arrest is done, "does arresting people solve the problem, think outside the box."
    Scott: has units specifically focused on eliminating drugs, "sig" team which took down Cali Cartle and Raul Calderon whose net profit was 20 million a year in narcotic sales. Team received commendations. Press release Scott says: "I will make an example out of anyone who brings crime to our community."
    Will: Chastises the K9 unit and reminds them we work for the tribe. and is the tribe getting the moneys worth that they are paying
    Scott: Has deputies cover Fort Myers Police Department officers shifts, so officers can go to the funeral of their called K9, when outrage by the News and some of the people, he told them in so many words that the K9 is a cop and they pi$$ off. and he quoted it
    Will: was asked by Mondo Tiger to get tased
    Scott: asked by John McCain and Sara Palin to speak at their campaign rally.
    Will: asked to be head judge at the chili cook off in Big Cypress and spent 200k on a washington Dc explorer trip and developed a homeland security task force, (love those emails)
    Scott: appointed by fellow sheriffs to the Florida Sheriffs Association Board of Directors and co chair of a 9 county domestic security task force spent 150k expanding units to combat narcotics.
    Will: "thats ur fault" ur the sergeant,
    Scott: Im ultimately responsible for what happens in my county"
    WIll; starting salary is 48k a year, turnover is high, recruitment is low and mad exodus has commencent
    Scott; starting salary is 35k, waiting list is 50 deep, and turnover is .9 percent accounting to hufftinging post
    anyone see anything wrong with this picture? Sounds like leadership to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff vs Cheif
    Quote Originally Posted by guest111
    I did some trolling and found ole Wilbur FBI academy class and found that the president of the class was a Sheriff by the name of Mike Scott so I decided to do some research for leadership traits since I don't know this guy from adam.

Will: appointed Chief in 2006 and it seems is on a slippery slope
    Scott: ELECTED sheriff in 2004 and has won 80 percent of the vote in each election.
    Will: supervises 250 employees maybe 170 sworn
    Scott: supervises 2500 employees 2200 sworn
    Will: has a bachelors degree in public administration
    Scott: has a Masters degree in business
    Will: Oversees to serve and to serve 3000 tribal members
    Scott: Oversees to serve and to protect 645,000
    Will: Hold classes every Thursday in 40 hour block to tell you what u are doing wrong
    Scott: sees u in the hallway, shakes ur hand and keeps walking,
    Will: Has an entire police department focused on "what r u doing to solve the drug problem" a drug arrest is done, "does arresting people solve the problem, think outside the box."
    Scott: has units specifically focused on eliminating drugs, "sig" team which took down Cali Cartle and Raul Calderon whose net profit was 20 million a year in narcotic sales. Team received commendations. Press release Scott says: "I will make an example out of anyone who brings crime to our community."
    Will: Chastises the K9 unit and reminds them we work for the tribe. and is the tribe getting the moneys worth that they are paying
    Scott: Has deputies cover Fort Myers Police Department officers shifts, so officers can go to the funeral of their called K9, when outrage by the News and some of the people, he told them in so many words that the K9 is a cop and they pi$$ off. and he quoted it
    Will: was asked by Mondo Tiger to get tased
    Scott: asked by John McCain and Sara Palin to speak at their campaign rally.
    Will: asked to be head judge at the chili cook off in Big Cypress and spent 200k on a washington Dc explorer trip and developed a homeland security task force, (love those emails)
    Scott: appointed by fellow sheriffs to the Florida Sheriffs Association Board of Directors and co chair of a 9 county domestic security task force spent 150k expanding units to combat narcotics.
    Will: "thats ur fault" ur the sergeant,
    Scott: Im ultimately responsible for what happens in my county"
    WIll; starting salary is 48k a year, turnover is high, recruitment is low and mad exodus has commencent
    Scott; starting salary is 35k, waiting list is 50 deep, and turnover is .9 percent accounting to hufftinging post
    anyone see anything wrong with this picture? Sounds like leadership to me
    almost forgot with that 48k, u can make 100k, may answer 10 calls a year, and sleep ur entire shift, get ur car taken away for going to the ATM
    35k gets u 10 calls holding once u go 10-8, can drive ur car anywhere off duty

Quote from a grand jury"The culture of an organization is set by the individual in charge" the grand jury wrote. If an organization has an attitude of indifference, hostility, or simply incompetent, it is because it is permitted, encouraged or demanded by top executives (lakeland police department)

Meeting was good. We all agreed the issue with him is getting worse. We have made copies of the reports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast