IUPA
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IUPA

IUPA

I think it is time for the union to shift its strategy to a Rich Rand/Mike Pons hybrid approach.

We need focused aggression, because right now we are sitting still as this city wraps its coils around us like a boa constrictor, squeezing and choking the life out of us.

Our new city manager says she wants to begin the healing, then she calls our attorney a ****ing asshole? And she offers us petty, meaningless shit like takes homes that we pay for and one lousy admin day off?

Our new chief wants to know what is ONE thing we would like to get back? ONE thing? The city has robbed us naked and he wants to know what is the ONE thing back that'd make us happy? And he asks you for your opinion then immediately starts talking and stops listening? We can now definitely see where his loyalties lie.

It is about time we start to bring this fight to city hall in the council meetings before the citizens...because as badly as we have been screwed, the citizens have been screwed even worse! They're paying the same (if not more) taxes for a police department half the size and a fraction of the effectiveness of the one they had before George blew theirs to smithereens! Murders and gun violence are epidemic. We respond to shots fired calls on a daily basis. How many attempted murders did we have this week alone?

Time to bring the noise, ladies and gents! Let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuummmmmble!!!

:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:

Re: IUPA

It is time for this department to be united. No matter what type of route we take. There are many members with opinions and not 100 percent will ever be happy. However, we must choose a route to take and run with it so we do not show weakness in our union. The city will realize that, continue their divide, and conquer ways. What route do we take? Do we take the aggressive ways of the MP days as president? However, that got our fellow officers laid off (17) and the citizens looked at us like gangsters. Don't think that is the approach we should take. Do we take the RR way? That is getting us an anal raping like never before on our benefits. Therefore, there is only one-way to go from here, united and be in the middle between MP and RR. I don't want to put anymore on how we should be, because city leaders read this site and will get an idea of our game plan. Therefore, for the future let us not put how we are going to proceed on this blog site. Unless, of course, all the members want to hand over our game plan like Geraldo Rivera did before the invasion of Iraq.

As for the pension, it is a difficult battle and one that looks like it will be handled by the courts. However, I will tell you this, we are having a difficult time finding a pension attorney willing to defend our case in court. So, I ask this to the members, is it worth losing a battle in court to have a horrible pension? Or, we settle with a compromise out of the courts to have basically, what FRS offer s? Again, this is a battle we must pick and what we choose we need to be united. So, lets pick what we are going to do and stand by it by it.

As for the comments about the new chief on this site, again, is pissing him off the right course of action at this moment? I know he is not polished and he has some corky ways, but we need him neutral and not as an enemy. I know there have been some issues already with a couple of officers and the way he speaks to them. I am not saying you need to support this new chief or even like him. I just ask while this process is going through with negations that we refrain from bashing him on this blog. Now, if its starts to get ugly and the shit hits the fan then we got to do what we have to do, but until then let's be the professionals we are and keep the comments off this blog.

As for the future of this union, it needs to be given to the PBA. They can take the proper course of actions that would not come back and harm the officers. Simply because they do not work for the city and no harm can happen. I know that there are various opinions from many officers in this agency about the PBA. I think the time has come for us to go back to the PBA. They can tell the city when to go shove it and not have to worry about retribution. However, that is a decision for a later date because we can't transfer until we have a contract in place. In addition, we would not have to worry that a union official within the ranks of the police department playing both sides because they have a different stake involved.

Stay Safe my fellow brothers and sisters!! Time to unite!!!

We are all a bit dumber for reading that crap. Nice try Ricky

These comments are a joke. If you think for one second that any of the crap you are spewing out are even close to the truth then you have issues. I have negotiated in good faith from day one. I have done all I could do but some people here have to get over themselves. Don't think for one second that I have any other motive for my approach as president. If you have anythinh to say about the way I am conducting negotiations then STEP UP TO THE PLATE and do me afavor. If not the shut your mouth. Better yet, come see me in person. Stop posting your garbage and be a man or woman and step up. COWARD! People like you give cops a bad name. Grow up.

Aye aye, captain.

RR...I think you have done a great job and I appreciate all your hard work, but I think the email you sent the other night criticizing us was totally out of line. You never shoot inside the tent. I also dont like the fact you meet one-on-one with city admin about our contract. I think meetings need to take place in front of everyone so we all hear what is being said.

I am not saying you are on the take or doing anything wrong, I dont think you are, but you also can't deny that it does not look good that you are sitting first on the captains list while you are negotiating with the same man who decides whether or not you get promoted.

Take a break, RR...youve earned it and you deserve it. Let someone else bust their ballz for a change. The next prez will find out what Im sure you already know...you cant please everyone all the time.

Once again, please show you face and talk man or woman to me in person. Better yet tell us your name.

As I said, RR...I dont think you have done anything wrong, but I do see the potential for wrongdoing and that you cant or wont see it is troubling to me. Im not saying you have to quit the union or give up your spot, I just think when it comes to negotiating our contract that you should recuse yourself from that particular function and let someone like VA take the lead. VA is a former president and he is equally capable, and unlike you he is not sitting first on a promotional list and therefore subject to influence.

If/when the promotional list expires and the conflict of interest is gone, then you can step back into the driver seat. Until then, you have no business there.

Well Guest, you have a valid point. I would have preferred you to speak with me face to face. I know who you are and because of that I valid your postion. Things will change.

Thanks, Rich.

I respect you and I know you too, which is I why I know that you haven't allowed yourself to be compromised. As I said, this is only about appearances. At the end of the day, you and I fight for the same thing and share a lot of the same ideas.

Merry Christmas!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast