Republicans coming after our pension - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Republicans coming after our pension

Of course I'll call you if I have a fire or my house is being broke into. How stupid can you be? That's what I pay taxes for. It has nothing to do with your benefit or retirement package. Be honest . . . as a taxpayer with no skin in the game . . . don't you think you guys are way overpaid and your retirement is way out of whack with the rest of society? How do you justify some beat cops making over $100,000 a year (overtime, etc)? The FMPD is a giant sucking machine taking all of us taxpayers for a ride! Why would you insult my job? I didn't insult yours. Just your benefits. By your tone, it sounds like you think you're 'better' than me. Do you? How do you know I don't have a college degree? You have an ugly attitude of supposition, entitlement, and social superiority. Typical cop. My (and all my family's) votes will be going to Rick Scott. And whatever other Republican on the ballot. I wish I could vote for Will Weatherford. But I can't. Different district. Too bad. Hopefully they'll stop these outrageous retirement benefits and get all of you back to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by gguest
    Of course I'll call you if I have a fire or my house is being broke into. How stupid can you be? That's what I pay taxes for. It has nothing to do with your benefit or retirement package. Be honest . . . as a taxpayer with no skin in the game . . . don't you think you guys are way overpaid and your retirement is way out of whack with the rest of society? How do you justify some beat cops making over $100,000 a year (overtime, etc)? The FMPD is a giant sucking machine taking all of us taxpayers for a ride! Why would you insult my job? I didn't insult yours. Just your benefits. By your tone, it sounds like you think you're 'better' than me. Do you? How do you know I don't have a college degree? You have an ugly attitude of supposition, entitlement, and social superiority. Typical cop. My (and all my family's) votes will be going to Rick Scott. And whatever other Republican on the ballot. I wish I could vote for Will Weatherford. But I can't. Different district. Too bad. Hopefully they'll stop these outrageous retirement benefits and get all of you back to the real world.
    Simple question Einstein...What is the retirement benefits of your saviors? i.e. Rick Scott, Wetherford and member of the Florida Senate. Go educate yourself on what these persons are getting in their retirement before you go spouting off about mine. My job is alot more challenging then theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel reserve
    Simple question Einstein...What is the retirement benefits of your saviors? i.e. Rick Scott, Wetherford and member of the Florida Senate. Go educate yourself on what these persons are getting in their retirement before you go spouting off about mine. My job is alot more challenging then theirs.

Apples and oranges. Besides, I disagree with their retirement also. But I don't see them hanging out doing nothing when they should be working. I don't see them hiding in nooks and crannies trying to get shut eye on the late shift. I don't see them being rude when I try to ask a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel reserve

Apples and oranges. Besides, I disagree with their retirement also. But I don't see them hanging out doing nothing when they should be working. I don't see them hiding in nooks and crannies trying to get shut eye on the late shift. I don't see them being rude when I try to ask a question.

Hypocrite, you just insulted my job. We have one of the few jobs that EVERYBODY wants to tell us what we should do, but, not a one of you wants our job. Go to sleep Snowflake.

"Exactly right. I am a citizen who happens to think that public service retirement and benefits packages are WAY too generous. I know that won't be popular on this site, but this is America. I work at a convenience store and have no benefits. I almost threw up when I found out you people can retire after only 25 years, get 75 % of your salary and have full medical benefits. I am also a Democrat, but I'll be voting for ALL Republicans this year. They are the only chance folks like us have in stopping this gross overpayment to Cops and Firemen. Too bad they didn't get their way the last couple of sessions. They would have done away with the pensions, cut sky high salaries, and privatized prisons. Go Republicans! They will lead us out of this financial mess".

Hey Hess Mart employee, you wanna know why we deserve a nice fat pension when we retire after 25 years? Read this poem, let it sink in, then get off this site and log into your own blog: CircleKAffairs.com

WHAT ARE POLICEMEN MADE OF?

A POLICEMAN IS A COMPOSITION OF WHAT ALL MEN ARE, A MINGLING OF SAINT AND
    SINNER, DUST AND DEITY.
    LESS THAN ONE-HALF OF 1 PERCENT OF POLICEMEN MISFIT THE UNIFORM.
    HE, OF ALL MEN, IS AT ONCE THE MOST WANTED AND THE MOST UNWANTED.
    HE MUST BE SUCH A DIPLOMAT THAT HE CAN SETTLE DIFFERENCES SO THAT EACH WILL THINK HE WON.
    BUT IF A POLICEMAN IS PLEASANT, HE'S A FLIRT; IF HE'S NOT, HE'S A GROUCH.
    HE MUST BE ABLE TO START BREATHING, STOP BLEEDING, TIE SPLINTS, AND ABOVE ALL, BE SURE THE VICTIM GOES HOME WITHOUT A LIMP - OR EXPECT TO BE SUED.
    HE MUST KNOW EVERY GUN, DRAW ON THE RUN, AND HIT WHERE IT DOESN'T HURT.
    HE MUST BE ABLE TO WHIP TWO MEN TWICE HIS SIZE AND HALF HIS AGE WITHOUT
    DAMAGING HIS UNIFORM AND WITHOUT BEING "BRUTAL."
    IF YOU HIT HIM, HE'S A COWARD, IF HE HITS YOU, HE'S A BULLY.
    HE MUST KNOW WHERE ALL THE SIN IS AND NOT PARTAKE.
    THE POLICEMAN MUST BE A MINISTER, A SOCIAL WORKER, A DIPLOMAT, A TOUGH GUY,
    AND A GENTLEMAN.
    AND OF COURSE, HE'LL HAVE TO BE A GENIUS - FOR HE'LL HAVE
    TO FEED AND CLOTHE A FAMILY ON A POLICEMAN'S SALARY.

UNKNOWN AUTHOR

{SUBMITTED FOR POLICE WEEK 1998, PENNSYLVANIA}

OK Snowflake!

Why do you call me snowflake?

OK Snowflake!

Why do you call me snowflake?

Why not? It makes about as much sense as your argument.Think of it as a "term of endearment" for mopes like you.

Of course my post makes sense. I'm sure all the taxpayers that are NOT law enforcement agree with me. You people are WAY overpaid. Being nothing more than neighborhood security guards, how in the world do you justify your benefit package? Everyone in this neighborhood knows that the real power lies with the brave men and women of the sheriff's department. How do you even keep a straight face when you pick up your check? No one that comes in my store EVER has a good thing to say about your department. That, in itself, speaks volumes where you rate with us. That being said . . . maybe next time you come in the store you could grab a broom, or wipe a counter, or scrub a cooler . . . maybe then the folks might respect you a little more.

Of course my post makes sense. I'm sure all the taxpayers that are NOT law enforcement agree with me. You people are WAY overpaid. Being nothing more than neighborhood security guards, how in the world do you justify your benefit package? Everyone in this neighborhood knows that the real power lies with the brave men and women of the sheriff's department. How do you even keep a straight face when you pick up your check? No one that comes in my store EVER has a good thing to say about your department. That, in itself, speaks volumes where you rate with us. That being said . . . maybe next time you come in the store you could grab a broom, or wipe a counter, or scrub a cooler . . . maybe then the folks might respect you a little more.
    What do you mean YOU PEOPLE!!! Man you just racist!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    What do you mean YOU PEOPLE!!! Man you just racist!

You people as in 'cops'. I know you must be kidding. No one is that stupid . . . not even cops.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast