Already certified. How easy?

Already certified. How easy?

I am already certified with almost 15 years experience. How difficult would it be to become an auxiliary trooper. I want to keep my certification current.

Re: Already certified. How easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I am already certified with almost 15 years experience. How difficult would it be to become an auxiliary trooper. I want to keep my certification current.
    The selection process for the Auxiliary is identical to the hiring process for the regular Highway Patrol. The process is explained in detail on the site, on the "Selection Process" drop box. If you currently hold an active auxiliary or full-time certification from FDLE then you will only have to pass FHP-specific high liability training.

Also, the process is not one that I would describe as "easy". In fact, one of the most frequent complaints by both members and applicants is the length of the selection process. If you have any more questions, I' d be glad to answer them.

Re: Already certified. How easy?

Before you put yourself through the ordeal of applying to FHPA go talk to the Sheriff's office or Police department in your county. They will treat you like an adult, you will do more, and you won't be a member of a dying organization. If you have as much experience as you say, you will get bored working traffic crashes and running radar. Face the facts FHP does little investigating.

left for an agency that actually values their officers

Unregistered
    Can someone please tell me why it takes an act of congress to find out if someone is DRE certified or not? I did not know being a Drug Recognition Expert was such a big secret? When someone walks into the court and claims to be a dre dont they have to provide any paperwork to prove it? If they were NOT certified in the last 2 years and appeared in court on cases were they gave testimony as they were , where does that put those cases ? Can they be opened up and re tried ? How do I check to see if they are really certified ? Thank you

Sysop
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can someone please tell me why it takes an act of congress to find out if someone is DRE certified or not? I did not know being a Drug Recognition Expert was such a big secret? When someone walks into the court and claims to be a dre dont they have to provide any paperwork to prove it? If they were NOT certified in the last 2 years and appeared in court on cases were they gave testimony as they were , where does that put those cases ? Can they be opened up and re tried ? How do I check to see if they are really certified ? Thank you
    We received the following complaint on the above post:

"This is an inappropriate post. It has nothing to do with the FHPA and has been asked twice on the regular FHP board. It is clearly a criminal defendant seeking quasi-legal advice."

The post, other than being posted anonymously when there is no reason for it to have been, does not violate our Terms of Use. Instead of reporting this post as a violation, the user should have simply posted a warning to other users about not answering it. I'm sure people will see this one coming from a mile away.