another deputy hurt in line of duty fired
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

another deputy hurt in line of duty fired

Deputy Daryl Bowden almost killed in the line of duty 01-23-2010, had 9 surgeries for his injuries, return to full duty for 17 months until having 2 more surgeries in Nov 2012 and May 2013. Dismissed for being in a non full duty status for 270 days. So much for the HCSO family, I think that line is only for when the TV cameras are rolling. HCSO sucks.

Re: another deputy hurt in line of duty fired

LOL but I'm not Bitter, suck it DarkLord.

Quote Originally Posted by gust
    LOL but I'm not Bitter, suck it DarkLord.
    I'm not really sure how to take your above statement. If you are being sarcastic & nasty about a deputy losing his job under such incredibly sad circumstances, you are among the lowest form of animals that share our oxygen on this planet. Honestly, maybe God will find a way to forgive you if you are indeed that incredibly pathetic, but even that may be stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicked to curb
    Deputy Daryl Bowden almost killed in the line of duty 01-23-2010, had 9 surgeries for his injuries, return to full duty for 17 months until having 2 more surgeries in Nov 2012 and May 2013. Dismissed for being in a non full duty status for 270 days. So much for the HCSO family, I think that line is only for when the TV cameras are rolling. HCSO sucks.
    This really makes no sense and is just sickening to hear. I really don't think that most deputies have a clue just how bad they will be treated if or when they become badly injured at HCSO. Why would anybody apply or stay at a law enforcement agency that will FIRE YOU if you are seriously injured "In the line of Duty"? HCSO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT or TAKE CARE OF it's deputies, it's that plain & simple. If anyone disagrees with this, I beg you to do some research and inquire through the HCSO Risk Management & Personnel sections. I guarantee that anyone would be astounded at what HCSO has done to a bunch of rock solid deputies over approx the last 10 years. Between all the new anti-deputy policies put into place, including a new in-house HCSO only Doctor that has a reputation for looking for reasons to find deputies unfit for duty, a totally disjointed Risk Management section and a completely uncaring & cold hearted Sheriff & Chief,, what deputies in their right minds wouldn't feel betrayed. How do you convince your family now, that risking everything is part of the job, when you will lose your job if hurt badly in the process? Some things in life are understandable, this however is just plain WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    How do you convince your family now, that risking everything is part of the job, when you will lose your job if hurt badly in the process?
    The million dollar question right there my man.

The whole thing pisses me off and I'm a pretty laid back individual. Where is the compassion of kicking someone to the curb with no further assistance that has been injured in the line of duty. The injured/fired ex-deputy now finds themselves jobless, no health insurance for them and their family and depending on their injury unable to gain employment. Especially in todays job market where there are so many people with no injuries applying for the same job in the private sector.

I know, they can apply for some type of disability assistance from the government. Oh wait, that shit takes time and may or may not be approved. Meanwhile, the fired ex-deputy who only wanted to serve his community and provide for his or her family has bills to pay with no job, no assistance from the previous employer (HCSO) and begins to eat away at their savings in order to survive. ****in' disgusting and sad is what it is!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    How do you convince your family now, that risking everything is part of the job, when you will lose your job if hurt badly in the process?
    The million dollar question right there my man.

The whole thing pisses me off and I'm a pretty laid back individual. Where is the compassion of kicking someone to the curb with no further assistance that has been injured in the line of duty. The injured/fired ex-deputy now finds themselves jobless, no health insurance for them and their family and depending on their injury unable to gain employment. Especially in todays job market where there are so many people with no injuries applying for the same job in the private sector.

I know, they can apply for some type of disability assistance from the government. Oh wait, that shit takes time and may or may not be approved. Meanwhile, the fired ex-deputy who only wanted to serve his community and provide for his or her family has bills to pay with no job, no assistance from the previous employer (HCSO) and begins to eat away at their savings in order to survive. ****in' disgusting and sad is what it is!!
    Good points Nitely Blog. This is NOT the same Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office I once knew. To add to your points, the office also carries a short/long term disability insurance plan with a company called "The Hartford". OMG...they are horrible and will fight you tooth & nail in order to deny you benefits. The few that miraculously do get approved are then hassled non-stop to update them weekly. They then send medical record request after medical record request to your doctors office(s) and demand that your doctor(s) fill out and return weekly & monthly status updates on you, to the point that your already busy Doctor(s) eventually get annoyed and stop returning them right of way. Then when any of the above forms, either by you or your Doctor(s) is not returned in a short amount of time, they cancel your claim and deny you benefits. This is no doubt a scheme that they use to refuse benefits to as many people as possible in order to save money. A friend of mine in the hcso personnel unit said they have done this to countless Deputies and Civilian employees at hcso. Whats even sadder, but really no big surprise, hcso continues to keep them as the office's disability insurance carrier, knowing very well how they have treated it's employees. As the initial poster stated, hcso really does suck.

Blog, just be glad your gone from this god forsaken place my brother. Please enjoy your retirement and be ever so glad that you at least had the opportunity to be a old school style cop, who actually enjoyed coming into work during the first half of your career at HCSO. Those days are long gone at HCSO now.

The phrase I read on here that best describes the current flock of todays street deputies, is the Ken & Barbie reference. It just totally fits. They just want those that look pretty in their uniform and can type one hell of a politically correct and punctuation mistake free report.

On top of that Blog, you must also enjoy being micro-managed at every level, never drive your patrol car so much as (1) MPH over the GPS monitored speed limit, unless of course only when a fellow Ken or Barbie is crying for help. This is not very often though, since the Ken & Barbie's now on the street, rarely generate any of the proactive police activity that catches bad guys in the act. Though I can't hardly blame them considering the lack of support from current leadership and the threat of losing their job if badly injured.

Like I said Blog, just feel thankful and lucky my brother that you are officially retired from the HELLsborough Sheriff's Office.

Gone are the days that when you were hired the supervisors just wanted you to go out and do your job and not bother them. Now they want to know everything you do, and you must have their approval for everything you do.

I spoke with Daryl, he was notified through the mail. Not even balls enough to say it to his face. HCSO has become pathetic...

Quote Originally Posted by Retired2012
    I spoke with Daryl, he was notified through the mail. Not even balls enough to say it to his face. HCSO has become pathetic...
    You are correct. Risk Mismanagement sends you a letter telling you that you are terminated on a effective date and also sends you a form listing all the gear and million places you must go to turn everything in.

Neither the Sheriff or the Chief have the human decency to meet with you and tell you thanks, or to make sure you are being taken care of...........NOTHING!curb

They have done this with all........unless the person is politically connected, but that almost never happens since they find spots for these people at the office, unlike the others tossed to the curb.

Also, many times the Chief is the only person who signs off on the termination. The Sheriff is too busy doing I guess with his self serving agenda to even look at who is being terminated now. Ask Daryl and I bet the Sheriff never signed any of his termination papers, only the Chief?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast