almost done with my military career..HCSO?

Unhappy almost done with my military career..HCSO?

NEW to the forum. Thank you for any help.. I'm from Tampa and plan on getting involved with HCSO as soon as I get out in February, 2014. I have done a great amount of research and it seems HCSO is an outstanding agency to work for. I took the CJBAT last week. Next step is the civil service app. I am currently stationed in NY and I wont be able to make it to Tampa until February. Should I start this now or wait until February? How long after I complete the Civil Service app will they schedule me for the physical portion of the hiring process?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Hi friends!

i'm also like to share something about my career:
    We participate in all area job fairs that are veteran-related/oriented, such as the recent Recruit Military Job Fair held at Minute Maid Park, and actively work with the local Wounded Warrior Project," said Paul Davidson, lieutenant, executive bureau, backgrounds and recruiting, Harris County Sheriff's Office. "The Harris County Sheriff's Office is actively seeking and recruiting U.S. military veterans to fill a variety of open positions within the Sheriff's Office. Those include clerical, medical, professional, communications officer, detention officer and deputy (both entry-level and lateral) positions.Thank you, keep in touch with me.