Department pros and cons

Department pros and cons

I am looking for some info on this department. I have applied, I am certified and a vet. Looking for some pros and cons from this dept.

Thanks in advance

Re: Department pros and cons

Are you guys pension or state retirement? What shifts do you have?

What is the time frame after submitting your application? Not the actual hire and starting academy but the initial contact from backgrounds and your oral board. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    What is the time frame after submitting your application? Not the actual hire and starting academy but the initial contact from backgrounds and your oral board. Thanks
    If you really are certified and a vet, then I can do you one great favor, and take this advice seriously..Stay away from south Florida all together, especially the tri county area. Florida is going through a govt pension re haul, gutting police pensions. Seems they are taking the tactics right out of the league of cities. In other words they just dont think much of police officers or lives. And they really dont care about your pension or think you deserve one. If I could do it over again I would have gotten a job up north where at least the brotherhood of cops meant something and the pension system was good enough to actually retire on. Im not knocking this agency, Sunrise PD has always been a good place to work as well as the surrounding cities. But times have changed, And most politicians dont think much of us cops.. Good luck to you and stay safe!