I went with my girlfriend to Aruba, the biggest nightmare of my life.
Why ?
On our way back to the airport, we went there in a rush me and my girl friend we got there 2 hrs before flight, my girl friend went to the airline called Avianca, where we have the ticket going back to my country. The girl in the airport did not answer to our question and then she told us to that we missed the flight and my girl friend got upset. And she touched the key board of the airline company to call her attention, nothing happened until a guy with a white uniform shows up and I thought he was part of the airline company and told him that if I missed the flight I would sue him.
He told me to come with him, that he was police officer named Mark Gonzales.
We went to the up stairs room where we left our luggage and then he took us to a different office without cameras. We had only our passports, bags wallet then he told us to get ready to give our personal belongings inside our pockets. Before giving our personal belongings I counted my wallet money that had $2.400 and my girl friend had $1.500. Next the officer Mark Gonzales said a prosecutor was coming. The prosecutor was wearing normal cloths and confirmed him self as a prosecutor without showing ID. Later we found out that his name is Mario C Werleman and that he was not a prosecutor but a regular cop. Mario asked us if we we’re drunk and we said no, I said we had 2 drinks at Niki bar but I’m not drunk.
We saw after Mark Gonzales counting the money from my wallet while he was laughing at it.
Than Mario C Werleman said that we we’re going to jail and brought me a paper saying I had to sign it but first I needed to count my money, which I did and only $1.300 was there.
I told him the money was missing and that Mark Gonzales probably took it. I told him that I count my money before and that it was not nice to steel and they should be ashamed for taking my money than he punched me hard in the face while I was still hang cuffed which made me fall on the floor.
I told Mark that I didn’t want the money and that he could enjoy the money with his family, than he said not to talk about his family and started to hit me very hard with his fist and legs, which broke my teeth and also left me with a lot of bruises and bleeding. At 350 pounds of muscle beating a 200 pound man that is hand tied.
I am willing to take a full test of my self for everything I said here
So I and my girl friend got arrested for nothing, we did not course, push, insult nor showed any type of aggression.
Later when we got out of jail, days later we had to pay the government $856.00 for both of us for the time in jail, Which I can proof with a receipt. Later I found out that they tried to use my AMEX credit card. So they take half of my money in the beginning and than when I got out of the hole after 10 days, they take the other half of my money paid to the Aruba government. Also 23hours inside a dark hole with 1 cup of water a day.
It doesn’t matter if you are an innocent person that never got arrested and did not do anything, if you have money the Aruba police can make you disappear for 10 days minimum inside the a solitary without water, enough air, light with mold, really hard to breath.
Definitely this place is against human rights because of mistreat with not enough food which was roughened , air, water, blood on the walls and not sanitized at all. Also no one allowed phone calls, see a lawyer or pray. Treading us as heavy criminal or terrorist.
Only 1 min of shower that was controlled by them, also 1 hour of fresh air inside a room with open ceiling.
When I asked for a doctor to take a look at my bruises and clean my blood, it took days to see a doctor. So you can die there from heart attack or broken bones and the doctor will not help you there.
The heat inside these room was 85 degrees at least with not enough water to drink or clean my blood and body.
This place was full of roach and rats. But the worst part was thirst to death and loosing the sense of time.
The next morning the same cop that beat me the night before Mark Gonzales told me to come with him the a room with air conditioning and gave me 1 cup of water, told me I had to answer the question, I said ok because I was scared that he would hit me again.
I answered all the questions and he told me he found the rest of my money in my girl friends bag with a picture showing the money inside her bag, which I remember our bags inside a different room at the time he had my wallet, but I did not say anything to him, I only agreed with him because I was again scared that he would beat me once more.
The paper he wanted me to sign saying that everything that I answered to him was true and he did not steel any money, and that my girl friend had stolen from me. He also promised me that if I signed the paper he would let me go out of jail the same day. Of course I signed the paper because I did not want to stay in jail anymore. After 2 hours he comes back with another paper to sign saying I don’t need to see a lawyer because I was going to leave tonight. I believed him and signed the paper, but I did not get released from jail and stayed for 3 more days, than I got to see my lawyer for 5 min.
The lawyer said to me that if I wanted to leave this island I should not talk about sue them or them steeling my money nor beating me there.
Next day the prosecutor said that Mark Gonzales said he arrested me for coursing him and kicking him, which was not true. But he was willing to settle for $856.00 for me and my girl friend to be released on the same day
A local guy that was on the way to court with me said that Mark