Daza
    Gebbia
    St. Surrin
    Franchonie*
    Howard
    Frank*
    Pence
    Baer*

Im not going to sit here and bad mouth the Chief or blame the problems of this agency on the tribe. The list above is a clear indication that something is horribly wrong. As for me, I like working here and have done so for quite a while. A lot of the reasons that the above people are leaving are the same reasons that make me stay.*

The only thing I can say is that I don't think things will ever get better here... I'm ok with that. I just think everybody has a shelf-life, everybody has an expiration date. When the milk goes bad, you throw it out and get fresh, delicious, new milk.

I think this agency's command staff has passed its expiration date. *A lot has happened in the past 5 years some good, some bad. *Regardless of your feelings you can agree with me that it's time to get new milk. Fresh new leadership will provide hope and boost morale.. After a while they will need to go to. Change is good. Change is normal. Change is healthy. *If you love this department and are committed to the tribe you will recognize that the milk has *gone sour and you will leave.

Re: Fresh milk

We have seen this dept. go down The chief has never been a LEO, does not care now as a person married to an osceola and has hired some people that I don't want to talk about but just look at them they know who they are. Looking back when Tiger and Floyd were here these guys were a cops cop and loved the tribe we had no problems everyone respected them. I agree with your post but we remember the good days. Wish everyone that is leaving the best.

Campo
    Campos
    Middleton
    Baker*
    Selko
    Floyd
    Mcceland
    Carley
    Cebellaos
    Carr
    Ortiz
    Praolini
    Porter
    Wright
    Judson
    Dubreau
    Torres*
    A.Gonzalez
    M. Gonalez
    Cur bello
    Tomasich
    Noonan
    K. Frank
    Jacobs
    Morris
    Zamora
    Wilson
    Brown
    Taylor*
    W. Hopkins*
    Koch
    Rodriguez
    Vranick
    McDaniel
    Mesinrheimer
    Cook
    Cubias
    Muarry
    Handbafnick
    Polan
    Sanchez
    Abraham
    Boldin
    Seaman
    Walls
    Jospitre
    Harbin
    Hill
    Melendez*
    Dulix
    Spritzer
    Diaz

That's 52 add that to the above list and you get 64. In a Police Department of only approximately 130 that's approximately a 50% turn over rate. From a management prospective, since our chief has been here, in the past 5 years, half the Department has left. Everyone from Deputy Chief's down to CSAs and the whole detective bureau, people are jumping ship at alarming rates because our leader is quite frankly not capable of leading us.*

This high turnover makes our department move like an un-oiled chain.... Not smoothly at all. When you are Constantly changing personnel you are focused on staffing, not crime. The only people that suffer are the tribe. Crime rates are high because turnover is high. You cant police when there are not*
    enough police to police.

Think I'm wrong, think again. Our financial manager that orders out cars bought cars for last years number of officers.... Jo look behind the fire department in Hollywood, hidden there is a sea of *brand new dodge chargers, unable to be issued because there *is nobody to drive them.

And if you think crime, morale, and ordering of cars is where it ends... Well you think shallow.

High turnover leads to high costs. Not just the costs to order and maintain brand new unissued chargers but huge costs associated with initial training, initial equipment issue, medical screening, background checks, interview process

And don't overlook the cost of reduced morale from other workers having to cover the workload of the employee left from the time the employee starts slowing down because they know they are leaving until the time the replacement is hired, trained, and up to speed.

From a management prospective this chief is fiscally irresponsible and incapable of maintaining a force ready to fight crime. His leadership causes half the agency to leave and the other half to be miserable.

You are now eating your words... You said. "If you don't like it leave." now we are struggling to fill patrol shifts and have no detectives to solve crimes.*

The problem is a good leader prepares for the future and you never thought that people would leave or other agency's would be hiring. *Your a recession era leader, the recession is over... We need a real leader.

Most of the people are leaving within the first 12 months of being here.

Stay away from this place the milk is rotten.

It is about time someone put the accurate number of people that are gone in the short time under this command. You can BET some officers are rushing to leave sooner due to certain current Hollywood night road supervisors, while the rest are still trying to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Campo
    Campos
    Middleton
    Baker*
    Selko
    Floyd
    Mcceland
    Carley
    Cebellaos
    Carr
    Ortiz
    Praolini
    Porter
    Wright
    Judson
    Dubreau
    Torres*
    A.Gonzalez
    M. Gonalez
    Cur bello
    Tomasich
    Noonan
    K. Frank
    Jacobs
    Morris
    Zamora
    Wilson
    Brown
    Taylor*
    W. Hopkins*
    Koch
    Rodriguez
    Vranick
    McDaniel
    Mesinrheimer
    Cook
    Cubias
    Muarry
    Handbafnick
    Polan
    Sanchez
    Abraham
    Boldin
    Seaman
    Walls
    Jospitre
    Harbin
    Hill
    Melendez*
    Dulix
    Spritzer
    Diaz

That's 52 add that to the above list and you get 64. In a Police Department of only approximately 130 that's approximately a 50% turn over rate. From a management prospective, since our chief has been here, in the past 5 years, half the Department has left. Everyone from Deputy Chief's down to CSAs and the whole detective bureau, people are jumping ship at alarming rates because our leader is quite frankly not capable of leading us.*

This high turnover makes our department move like an un-oiled chain.... Not smoothly at all. When you are Constantly changing personnel you are focused on staffing, not crime. The only people that suffer are the tribe. Crime rates are high because turnover is high. You cant police when there are not*
    enough police to police.

Think I'm wrong, think again. Our financial manager that orders out cars bought cars for last years number of officers.... Jo look behind the fire department in Hollywood, hidden there is a sea of *brand new dodge chargers, unable to be issued because there *is nobody to drive them.

And if you think crime, morale, and ordering of cars is where it ends... Well you think shallow.

High turnover leads to high costs. Not just the costs to order and maintain brand new unissued chargers but huge costs associated with initial training, initial equipment issue, medical screening, background checks, interview process

And don't overlook the cost of reduced morale from other workers having to cover the workload of the employee left from the time the employee starts slowing down because they know they are leaving until the time the replacement is hired, trained, and up to speed.

From a management prospective this chief is fiscally irresponsible and incapable of maintaining a force ready to fight crime. His leadership causes half the agency to leave and the other half to be miserable.

You are now eating your words... You said. "If you don't like it leave." now we are struggling to fill patrol shifts and have no detectives to solve crimes.*

The problem is a good leader prepares for the future and you never thought that people would leave or other agency's would be hiring. *Your a recession era leader, the recession is over... We need a real leader.

Most of the people are leaving within the first 12 months of being here.

Stay away from this place the milk is rotten.
    you forgot,
    Sanchez
    Rodriguez
    Polan
    P.Gonzalez
    Katie whatever her last was out of tampa
    Knucles
    Rezendez
    Meisenheimer
    Jason Chapman
    The retied lt from tampa who quit right out of FTO
    The retired quy who who quit the day at the range
    T.Garrison
    Hale
    TIllman
    Now ask how many times you think any of these people from the command stayed in touch with their so called "brotherhood of blue" who left, ZERO, cuz they give a **** only bout themselves, now take a look at that stupid picture that says meet your command, how many times has that changed like ten, stripes and bars are velcro around this place. Lets take a look at the command for a second and what they did to get their claim to fame. lets take a look. Disset, Tennis, Horton, Herring, Daslan,MVS, Lightbulb, Tipper, Van Dam, Elders, Dilly, Grasser, just to name a few. They have NO business being a part of the command. But they are for one of two reasons, they are so fossilized that Wilbur doesnt know what to do with them, or they pose such a safety issue to officers that there is no other choice then to put them behind a desk.get a dui, get promoted, shoot you hand off, get promoted, shoot up the station, get promoted or transferred in that case, sell people out at BSO, get promoted, if ur indian, get promoted, snitch on fellow officers, get promoted, do whats right, you get fired, forced to quit, or the big black bulls eye, the milk has gone rotten, because the milkman was stabbed in the back,a leader is suppose to make people grow and inspire them to do things they never thought they could do not, what happens, "well i can't do this job, let me recruit a hundred has beens to do it for me and blame the commoners when things go wrong."

James just take a few minutes and think about how much money this has cost the tribe. You know the story when will and other outside agencies were asking questions. When will leaves here where will he go. Jene is no longer with broward. Need to get this place back in shape.

I'm the original poster, I neither like or dislike our chief.. I could care less who sits on the throne of SPD. My goal is simple. I want there to be a better work environment at SPD. I know a better work place will positively impact the Tribe.

At this point this place is broken. Sure the argument can be made that I am a disgruntled employee that chooses to attack anonymously. I assure you that I speak for the mass, *that is the dwindling mass.*

Agencies with Police unions usually take a vote of No confidence *in the chief *when things are this bad.. We don't have that luxury. *I think our level of confidence in this chief is best represented by the amount of people that have left while he has been *here..

Don't* be fooled into thinking that people are leaving for better benefits and a pension. *That is the typical - run the mill - excuse used to justify such large departures. Fact is we had the roughly the same benefits before the chief came and people stayed. *It's not the benefits package it's the corporate climate.*

I'm not going to list item by item the bad things our chief has done. Matter of fact, *I think he pulled off some remarkable accomplishments. He's a very smart man But even a smart man knows when to call it quits just ask Mr. Massey.

It's one thing when an officer with one year of experience leaves. You have to believe that this type of cop work is not what the "me generation" wants to do. Remember, they grew up playing grand theft auto & Call of duty black ops. *

It's a completely other thing, a sad thing when men raised to believe in loyalty to an organization leave in such bizarre fashion.*

Guys like Massey, an assistant chief and man amongst men. *Presumably the top candidate to be the next chief here. Ups and leaves because of his disgust.

Guys like Morris. A fast track, young lieutenant with a bright future. Gone because of his disguust.

Guys like Yates. A captain with Invaluable experience and contacts all over. Gone because of the disgust.

Guys like McDaniel. An assistant chief with over 30 years of experience. Gone because of the disgust.

Guys like Polan. A *captain and national figure and authority in use of force. Gone because of the disgust.
    Guys like Brown A deputy chief with a career at an adjacent agency. *Gone because if the disgust.

Guys like Wilson. A captain with exceptional experience in investigation. Gone because of the disgust.

Guys like Taylor. A captain from Davie with a model of community policing to be followed. Gone because of the disguust.

So is it any wonder that all these officers are leaving. After all, 8 members of your inner circle, your command staff have left. *If your top commanders don't have faith in you how am I to have faith in you.*

Spanish cream with sugar and milk.... Ummy.. I really want you.$

Post Re: Fresh milk

Quote Originally Posted by real SPD
    It is about time someone put the accurate number of people that are gone in the short time under this command. You can BET some officers are rushing to leave sooner due to certain current Hollywood night road supervisors, while the rest are still trying to escape.
    LMFAO! Sounds like someone has a school yard vendetta they need to clear up with their supervisor. If YOU really think ppl are leaving b/c of petty BS then YOU are on a fourth grade level.

People are leaving for big boy, real world circumstances. No pension, no define benefits,
    lack of a Chief who will stand up for his men and women, lack of a leader who is willing to stand up against the Tribe that dose't appreciate the ppl they employ to help them. Politics that are beyond our control. People are leaving to survive, pay their bills and put food on their tables.

But let me just say that for ppl like YOU who feel that you, us or we should blame our superiors especially our Sergeants, are the ppl who most of us wish were and NEED to leave this department for the pipe dreams of another. Its ppl like YOU who make this job SO much more difficult then it already is or needs to be. Do your JOB and don't make ppl have to pick up your slack, or discipline you and then have to answer to the higher ups on why YOU are a f***up.

HOW dare YOU insult anyone who,has thought of or who has left this department, with the notion that ppl are leaving because of a specific person. You dumb F***.

[quote=Spoiled Milk]
    Quote Originally Posted by "real SPD":1wqiqff3
    LMFAO! Sounds like someone has a school yard vendetta they need to clear up with their supervisor. If YOU really think ppl are leaving b/c of petty BS then YOU are on a fourth grade level.

People are leaving for big boy, real world circumstances. No pension, no define benefits,
    lack of a Chief who will stand up for his men and women, lack of a leader who is willing to stand up against the Tribe that dose't appreciate the ppl they employ to help them. Politics that are beyond our control. People are leaving to survive, pay their bills and put food on their tables.

But let me just say that for ppl like YOU who feel that you, us or we should blame our superiors especially our Sergeants, are the ppl who most of us wish were and NEED to leave this department for the pipe dreams of another. Its ppl like YOU who make this job SO much more difficult then it already is or needs to be. Do your JOB and don't make ppl have to pick up your slack, or discipline you and then have to answer to the higher ups on why YOU are a f***up.

HOW dare YOU insult anyone who,has thought of or who has left this department, with the notion that ppl are leaving because of a specific person. You dumb F***.[/quote:1wqiqff3]

Ok lets pump the breaks here for a second, Taylor, Mcdaniel, Polan, Wilson, Massey all came here soley to line their pockets they could give a s*88 less about this place as long as they could say they are a cop, its all ego all day long. The reason these people come here is because when they retired they hear, hey lets go to seminole to make easy money because the chief needs ppl like us. plain and simple, All the issues that are going on here are because of one person, the chief, he is ultimately responsible for this place. The domino effect goes down. And yes we SHOULD blame the sergeants and the superiors, WHY because they are a f'ing joke, like whoever mentioned earlier, you got people who been arrested, shot themselves in the hand, shot up the station, kissing tribal azz and having their nose up the majors azz, respect these people? NEVER, how can you respect any of these people who are in those positions, you want to talk about f**** ups, look at em i mean for God sakes just LOOK AT THEM!!!Im still trying to wrap my mind around that, you discharge you gun and then put over training SERIOULSY!!! whats next putting Hannibal Lecter over youth services, hell he probably be doing a better job anyway. No people are leaving because one person is running the roost and they have the back bone of a garden snail. people are treated like left over garbage. When Rezendez "retired." he didnt even get an email after 20 plus years of service, when Mcdaniel retired he was here what 4 years, got his promotion, two retirement parties, one at the station then one two months after he left at Johnnies burger shot or whereever the hell he wanted to go. face it we all expednable undesirable assets. Yes it is one person, because people in charge didnt promote themselves, someone had to put them there, and no one here wants to do their job, just look, no one does anythign unless they have to. And you got that lying fool who says yeah there have only been four IAs this year, yeah ok, he forgot to ad a 0 after the 4. He/she who posted it is not making the job harder, they are spitting the truth, all that said, is done because one person is in control. fing embarrsment

[quote=Fat Free Milk][quote="Spoiled Milk":3fyprccw]
    Quote Originally Posted by "real SPD":3fyprccw

HOW dare YOU insult anyone who,has thought of or who has left this department, with the notion that ppl are leaving because of a specific person. You dumb F***.[/quote:3fyprccw]

Ok lets pump the breaks here for a second, Taylor, Mcdaniel, Polan, Wilson, Massey all came here soley to line their pockets they could give a s*88 less about this place as long as they could say they are a cop, its all ego all day long. The reason these people come here is because when they retired they hear, hey lets go to seminole to make easy money because the chief needs ppl like us. plain and simple, All the issues that are going on here are because of one person, the chief, he is ultimately responsible for this place. The domino effect goes down. And yes we SHOULD blame the sergeants and the superiors, WHY because they are a f'ing joke, like whoever mentioned earlier, you got people who been arrested, shot themselves in the hand, shot up the station, kissing tribal azz and having their nose up the majors azz, respect these people? NEVER, how can you respect any of these people who are in those positions, you want to talk about f**** ups, look at em i mean for God sakes just LOOK AT THEM!!!Im still trying to wrap my mind around that, you discharge you gun and then put over training SERIOULSY!!! whats next putting Hannibal Lecter over youth services, hell he probably be doing a better job anyway. No people are leaving because one person is running the roost and they have the back bone of a garden snail. people are treated like left over garbage. When Rezendez "retired." he didnt even get an email after 20 plus years of service, when Mcdaniel retired he was here what 4 years, got his promotion, two retirement parties, one at the station then one two months after he left at Johnnies burger shot or whereever the hell he wanted to go. face it we all expednable undesirable assets. Yes it is one person, because people in charge didnt promote themselves, someone had to put them there, and no one here wants to do their job, just look, no one does anythign unless they have to. And you got that lying fool who says yeah there have only been four IAs this year, yeah ok, he forgot to ad a 0 after the 4. He/she who posted it is not making the job harder, they are spitting the truth, all that said, is done because one person is in control. fing embarrsment[/quote:3fyprccw]

You cant bring up anything to your supervisor because they dont know what to do. Their day consists of showing up, filling their gullet, and going home and that it. ppl are not leaving for big boy circumstances, they are leaving because this place is a filth pot. if the the pd were to have an enema, they would stick the hose right here in Hollywood, third floor especially. they r all sorry in my opinion,
    btw forgot to add to the list of people
    Cook
    Bryant
    k.Taylor
    Bridge
    Chalfant
    Casserly
    Weinstein
    Cox
    Miller
    Jospietre,
    Furman