AntiUnion
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AntiUnion

AntiUnion

Yes, I'm anti union. So what. Maybe if we lived up north, where the unions have some teeth or even balls. Down here however, with Florida being a right to work state, a union is a lost cause. The union whines and crys, "we're here to help you", but in reality, just like every other job, it's still all about the money. Frankly, I think all of the union guys sound just like Al Sharpton and all of the other liberal race baiters, trying to turn each of us against the other. Yes, morale in the entire agency (except for the command staff of course, still scratching my head on that last raise???) is very low. Yes, there are injustices that happen on a daily basis all over the agency. Welcome to America. All I'm saying is that a union can't help us. The only people that can help us IS US. Off the top of my head I'm not sure how many people we employ, but I know its well over a thousand. I think the command staff only makes up for a small percentage say 2-3%????? Those odds are staggering. If everybody went in tomorrow and wrote just ONE grievance, somebody has to do something. They can't transfer EVERYBODY to nights, who would they have to boss around during their 9-4 business hours???? If your not happy, do something about it, don't just get on this forum and gossip.

Re: AntiUnion

In a perfect world what you wrote makes sense, but we both know that without an outside voice of reason representing us, we would both be screwed if we rose up against the sheriff.

Funny this is exactly what Lazenby did, that's why there is overtime instead of detail pay at Hospitals, crime scene, details have been opened up more, yes there still messed up but better than they were. Just like when this bonus ruling came our, not thanks for getting it, but instead about time, when do I get it, you people don't see the big picture, if the Sheriff hammers , fires, transfers, suspends, anyone for dumb shit what makes you any better. It should looked at as it could happen to me, but as long as it's not me I'm fine. Sure you are and I'm sure when you get fired, demoted, that is if the Sheriff likes you and promoted you, test means nothing, what are you going to do. I've overheard people talking about Pete Rodrigo case if you know anything about investigations you will notice this case is complete crap. Do you have $10,000 for retainers didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by fualcso
    Funny this is exactly what Lazenby did, that's why there is overtime instead of detail pay at Hospitals, crime scene, details have been opened up more, yes there still messed up but better than they were. Just like when this bonus ruling came our, not thanks for getting it, but instead about time, when do I get it, you people don't see the big picture, if the Sheriff hammers , fires, transfers, suspends, anyone for dumb shit what makes you any better. It should looked at as it could happen to me, but as long as it's not me I'm fine. Sure you are and I'm sure when you get fired, demoted, that is if the Sheriff likes you and promoted you, test means nothing, what are you going to do. I've overheard people talking about Pete Rodrigo case if you know anything about investigations you will notice this case is complete crap. Do you have $10,000 for retainers didn't think so.

Yes, a classic Liberal response.

These are all tactics right out of MAOs little red book. Divide by controversy. Tell a lie big enough and long enough and anybody will believe it. If all else fails, result to personal attacks.

Classic moron response.

How on Mike Scott's flat earth is this a "liberal" response?

This ship has long ago fallen off the edge.

Mutiny! Before it hits rock bottom!

Quote Originally Posted by Classic
    Classic moron response.

How on Mike Scott's flat earth is this a "liberal" response?

This ship has long ago fallen off the edge.

Mutiny! Before it hits rock bottom!
    Fact: Unions were created by liberals. Yes, these people are taking money from people that can't afford it to further their own agenda....sounds pretty accurate to me. If these union guys think they are fighting for the little guy, then work pro-bono or for free for that matter. Stop profitting off the backs of the ones that are working by pushing your lies (we are here to help). No, I don't make as much money as I would like. Yes, things happen at work that I don't aggree with. Such is the world we live in.

So, in your f-tard brain, $HIT HAPPENS and we should just roll with it. You, friend, ARE the F-TARD. :evil: :cop:

Fact: Unions were created by liberals. Yes, these people are taking money from people that can't afford it to further their own agenda....sounds pretty accurate to me. If these union guys think they are fighting for the little guy, then work pro-bono or for free for that matter. Stop profitting off the backs of the ones that are working by pushing your lies (we are here to help). No, I don't make as much money as I would like. Yes, things happen at work that I don't aggree with. Such is the world we live in.[/quote]

What are you doing to improve things here? Have you invested well in excess of $100,000 in legal fees to fight for our bonus? The bonus that was given to everyone else solely due to the efforts of the union. The bonus that Scott was just ordered to pay by PERC. Yeah he's appealing the decision, but it's nothing but a stall tactic......NO

Did you send anyone at your expense to argue before the county commission for our pay and working conditions?....NO

Have you ever represented anyone else in a disciplinary hearing?....NO

I'm guessing if your situation here has improved in the last 1/4 of your career it's because you held signs and donated to Scott's campaign.

If the union does nothing for us then can I assume you won't be cashing the bonus check when it is distributed? ....I didn't think so.

I fully anticipate some sort of attack on my grammar or sentence structure. Its what F-tards do when they have no valid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ofmany
    Fact: Unions were created by liberals. Yes, these people are taking money from people that can't afford it to further their own agenda....sounds pretty accurate to me. If these union guys think they are fighting for the little guy, then work pro-bono or for free for that matter. Stop profitting off the backs of the ones that are working by pushing your lies (we are here to help). No, I don't make as much money as I would like. Yes, things happen at work that I don't aggree with. Such is the world we live in.

What are you doing to improve things here? Have you invested well in excess of $100,000 in legal fees to fight for our bonus? The bonus that was given to everyone else solely due to the efforts of the union. The bonus that Scott was just ordered to pay by PERC. Yeah he's appealing the decision, but it's nothing but a stall tactic......NO

Did you send anyone at your expense to argue before the county commission for our pay and working conditions?....NO

Have you ever represented anyone else in a disciplinary hearing?....NO

I'm guessing if your situation here has improved in the last 1/4 of your career it's because you held signs and donated to Scott's campaign.

If the union does nothing for us then can I assume you won't be cashing the bonus check when it is distributed? ....I didn't think so.

I fully anticipate some sort of attack on my grammar or sentence structure. Its what F-tards do when they have no valid argument.[/quote]

I agree with every word you said. However, I am about to throw in the towel. I am working on getting out of law enforcement. This was not my plan when I cam here but I can’t keep working under these conditions so I am going to go in the next year or so.

Loyalty is a two way street and I don’t feel any coming my way.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiUnion
    Yes, I'm anti union. So what. Maybe if we lived up north, where the unions have some teeth or even balls. Down here however, with Florida being a right to work state, a union is a lost cause. The union whines and crys, "we're here to help you", but in reality, just like every other job, it's still all about the money. Frankly, I think all of the union guys sound just like Al Sharpton and all of the other liberal race baiters, trying to turn each of us against the other. Yes, morale in the entire agency (except for the command staff of course, still scratching my head on that last raise???) is very low. Yes, there are injustices that happen on a daily basis all over the agency. Welcome to America. All I'm saying is that a union can't help us. The only people that can help us IS US. Off the top of my head I'm not sure how many people we employ, but I know its well over a thousand. I think the command staff only makes up for a small percentage say 2-3%????? Those odds are staggering. If everybody went in tomorrow and wrote just ONE grievance, somebody has to do something. They can't transfer EVERYBODY to nights, who would they have to boss around during their 9-4 business hours???? If your not happy, do something about it, don't just get on this forum and gossip.
    That's brilliant! You know what you just described? Unions.

Welcome to the club.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast