Great but Gone MB Restaurants - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Unregistered
    The Famous Restaurant on 6 and Washington. Also Piccollos and the Embers.

Unregistered
    Bella Napoli on Alton was a staple here... great food with nice staff. Miss them.

Unregistered
    I've eaten at about a quarter or less of the restaurants listed here. Thanks for the fun memories! No David's Cafe? I'd like to ad Dab Haus on 9th & Alton on the west side. German food. Dortmunder Dark Alt on draft. Driving home, I probably blew a 0.084.

More importantly, thanks for breaking up the gravitas of the other current threads, which I find unfortunate. MBPD is highly paid and equally tasked. You earn your dineros, my brothers.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bella Napoli on Alton was a staple here... great food with nice staff. Miss them.
    Yes! Thank you for the memory!

My buddy Oreste founded the restaurant. He was born in Italy, moved to Cuba, then upstate NY before settling in Miami Beach. He cooked for EVERYBODY, from Mussolini to Fidel, to Nixon. At the age of 78, he bought and ran a pizzeria in Surfside for a few years. Oreste left Bella Napoli to his son-in-law, IIRC.

Unregistered
    Two I really miss are Jerry's Deli - for the incredible selection/huge menu, and
    Geno's Pizza (wash Ave and Alton Rd) - nothing hit the spot better than a couple of greasy slices with a garlic knot on each after a long night

Unregistered
    TGK has great sandwiches

Unregistered
    Jesse's Garden was a great spot to eat. Take out from the back door always got you a good deal. Or you could just go in the front. Didn't matter. It always satisfied. Then Jesse's got real popular and blew up. Wasn't the same ever again.

Unregistered
    Las Americas on Lincoln Road had the best pan con bistec on the beach

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234