Great but Gone MB Restaurants - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Great but Gone MB Restaurants

Leah's bistro 3rd and ocean. Great churrasco and Moro.

Just thought of a few more, but my memory is fading.

There was a restaurant on one of the house boats on Indian Creek in the late 60's or in the 70's that was called "(Something) Just a Hobby" The 'something was the owner/chef's name and I cant remember what it was. Like "Robert's Just a Hobby." You needed reservations and there was a very small seating and only one service time each evening. The owner/chef cooked what he wanted and did a serving and it was all free. It was his hobby and while I never went there I was told the food was great.

There was a great ice cream parlor in the downstairs area of a hotel on Collins somewhere near 32 street. You could park on one of the 00 blocks and there was a door at street level that took you directly into the parlor.

About the Sambo's/Denny's, and the place I am trying to remember, it was there before that as far back as the 50's and 60's. It was like Woolfie's, but a bit more refined.

Also just into North Bay Village, Fun Fair. Great pizza or chili burgers.

What about Sonny's Italian on 21st. And I think the ice cream parlor was the Nasharie in the old Saxony Hotel. They had the best desserts ever.

Sonny's was at 23rd & Liberty! Loved the food!

Thanks. That was the place in the Saxony. My favorite dessert was the Appian Way, a concoction of ice cream and malted milk powder and other goodies.

I also agree on Sonny's on 23 street. Great shrimp scampi and pizza. But I didn't like the owner or his friends or the way his delivery guys drove.

KIB - the restaurant before Sambo's was Juniors. Juniors was from the 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by no124u
    KIB - the restaurant before Sambo's was Juniors. Juniors was from the 50's.
    Yep! Junior's. I would have never remembered. Thanks.

How about Las Delicious (sic?) 16/Washington Ave. Operated by former MIami River cop

Lums, at 23/Collins, was always good for a 3-11.

Puerto Antonios - 1600 blk Washington just north of Fedco. The owner, an elderly cuban old school great guy and his snub nose .38 in his pocket.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast