New Captain - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Captain

Re: New Captain

I'm sorry, I do not see how this has happened. To go from a no rank detective to Sgt. then to Lt. in two years is BS in it's self.
    But then make Capt. a few short months later is out right unf^cking real.

I don't care if someone would had a bachelor degree in criminal justice, and made it through the FBI National Academy. That jump in rank and power in a short period of time is unheard of in any other department.
    It had nothing to do with his ability as a cop. Rather it had everything to do with his department politics.

To hell with the news media, the city manager controls the chief, where in the hell is was and how could he okey this?

I promise this issue will not die and is not going away. Chief V you or the City Manager will have to answer to the people as why this man was promoted so fast, with so little education.

Are we talking about CM here?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I promise this issue will not die and is not going away. Chief V you or the City Manager will have to answer to the people as why this man was promoted so fast, with so little education.
    So who would you give it too? I agree that position should have a degree in police amid nitration, but the other two lieutenants don't have degrees either. I am awaiting your answer.

I beg to differ on the Education part, give me someone with morals and a level head over any College kid. Just because someone has a piece of paper from a College does not mean they are great leaders. Let's all support one another and make it work. Congrats to CM.

Quote Originally Posted by guest200
    I beg to differ on the Education part, give me someone with morals and a level head over any College kid. Just because someone has a piece of paper from a College does not mean they are great leaders. Let's all support one another and make it work. Congrats to CM.
    Noticed you did not comment going from low rank nothing to, Sgt. then to Lt. in less then two years.
    Better yet you never commented on the jump to Capt. after only making Lt. just a few months ago.
    Just because someone can play politics does not make them a good chose.
    Which is the case here and you damn well know it.
    That is all he has done since working here. He BS'd his way to FTO, the Honor Sqaud right up to where he is now.

The department must be getting some real flack about the jumps in rank from somewhere. Other wise why would the department alter his BIO on the PD website less then 24hrs after questions where raised about all his jumps in rank.

His BIO on the PD's website yesterday had everthing from when he was hired, how long he spent in each posision, when he was promoted, etc. right up to his promotion to Lt of CID.

Starting today his Bio on the website now only reads this.

"Captain Morales has over a decade of law enforcement experience with the North Port Police Department. He offers a variety of expertise to the leadership team and oversees the Law Enforcement Bureau of the Department."

Any comments on that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by guest200
    Obviously you do not understand the importance of a college education and what it takes to earn one. A leader of men would extend himself to earn a degree and set an example. A degree is something that takes time and dedication to earn. It changes a person's thought process. Just the basic college philosophies alone are something that is useful in everyday life, especially in leadership.

Would you want a President who had no college education? A judge? A lawyer? Your lawyer? Perhaps you would be o.k. with a dedicated surgeon or pilot who was "just level headed, with great "morals".

[ "just level headed, with great "morals".
    Level headed? Yeah remember that when you get your head bitten off if you question a decision or idea that the new Capt has. That is the best way to p&ss him off.

Morals? He does not see any moral issues with stepping on, or throwing someone under the bus, to get what he wants.
    The new assistant chief better have eyes planted in the back of his head, because he is the next step in the Capt. ladder to the top. :evil: :evil:

If u think that is scary wait until u see the captain being brought in from ccso. We r in for a serious circus for the future.

If u think that is scary wait until u see the captain being brought in from ccso. We r in for a serious circus for the future.

Where did you get this information? Rumors from those that did not get picked? Can't wait for egg to be on your face.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast