Secret Service Invades Home Of Obama Critic Over Twitter Fol

Secret Service Invades Home Of Obama Critic Over Twitter Fol

Re: Secret Service Invades Home Of Obama Critic Over Twitter

Well, it's not as if the Service began political activism in support of the office of the President only recently.

There have always been those agents who felt it was their duty not only to protect the President from physical harm but also from the disclosure of embarrassing information.

It harks back to the days of bringing women up the back stairs of the White House for trysts with certain presidents and continued on through the establishment of phony "free speech zones" at event sites to be visited by presidents. These zones, where demonstrators could protest against the President and/or his policies, were always in areas where the Presidential Motorcades did not pass so the President would not have to see the demonstrations. The First Amendment to the Constitution says we have free speech; it doesn't say we can exercise this right only in designated "zones."

Ambitious supervisory agents, working close to the President, often agree to use the Service in ways that are a great embarrassment to the Service in an attempt to further their own careers.

How sad..............

Re: Secret Service Invades Home Of Obama Critic Over Twitter

I will confess to similar unprofessional behavior as displayed by the Special Agent who threatened to return for the subject and take his guns. Was he trying to provoke the subject into making an actual or conditional threat? Back in the day, HQ wanted arrests and convictions, or at least an involuntary commitment which could then be the subject of a nation wide press release. It's called "kill the chicken to scare the monkey". In retrospect, I am embarrassed for myself and disappointed that HQ still turns a blind eye and apparently condones and encourages such unprofessional behavior. The Secret Service was supposed to be the creme de la creme as opposed to the hoodlums at the FBI. What has happened and do I share the blame? Hind sight is a terrible curse because it is always seen through 20-20 vision.