Kurt Hoffman for sheriff 2016? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

Re: Kurt Hoffman for sheriff 2016?

To me personally, Hoffman's ever-present firearm is intimidating, because anyone who will sacrifice integrity to the very bottom is unpredictable.

He could have achieved the pinnacle of success, gracing Sarasota County with his many superb and growing qualities.

Hoffman's story has not played out by any means. He still has time to turn his life around or suffer Karma. And Karma's a *****!

[quote=attorney 101][quote="ruling elite":1ees6n8h][quote="...incestious...":1ees6n8h]

Here is an excellent commentary about Kurt Hoffman by "country roads" from the H-T website:

[quote="country roads":1ees6n8h][quote=Longwoodrun]Speaking of cozy relationships, Commissioner Christine Robinson refused to recuse herself from casting a vote for Kurt Hoffman as interim County Administrator, after divulging that Hoffman is a personal friend and is the godfather to her kids. He got the job, but backed out for some administrative reason. [/quote]
    I am pretty sure that Hoffman pulled out of the interim county administrator's job because he would have lost the "special risk" or "high risk retirement" by going to a civilian job. In this day and age, that high risk retirement plan is irreplaceable. The bottom line is, if you work for 25 years (you earn 3% a year) and retire at a certain age, you get 75% of your salary from the average of your 5 highest paid years of service for the rest of your life. This is given to folks who put their lives on the line by being firefighters, deputies and EMT/Paramedics. In my opinion they earned it.

Teachers also get State retirement but they only earn about 1.6% per year. They will retire with much less. Here is a comparison of government high risk retirement vs. government civilian retirement in Florida:

[list][*][u]25 years[/u] of government high risk: Retire with 75% of your pay[/*:m:1ees6n8h][*][u]25 years[/u] of government civilian: Retire with 40% of your pay[/*:m:1ees6n8h][/list]
    Hoffman is is an attorney and sits in his office all day doing administrative paperwork, who [u]never[/u] responds to calls for high-risk law enforcement services. Hoffman isn't putting his life on the line at all.

Hoffman never went through a real field training program at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, so what happens if Hoffman goes into a 7-11 that is being robbed? What kind of liability is this county looking at if Hoffman responds to the threat with his weapon? What if Hoffman is at a restaurant and a domestic violence incident occurs? As a sworn officer, he has a duty to act, but what is he going to do??? At least a real officer has had field training training in response to these situations. Hoffman goes to in-service training and has firearms training, but that doesn't equate to a 16 week field training program.

This was just another good ol boy hookup. Now Hoffman wants the big chair. I think there is a special retirement plan for elected officials as well.

What a mess! [/quote]

[url="http://forum.heraldtribune.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18318&p=293958#p293958"]http://forum.heraldtribune.com/viewtopi ... 58#p293958[/url]
    [/quote:1ees6n8h]

It's time for Hoffman to go. He was hired by Balkwill as a civilian and Balkwill waved his magic wand and promoted him to a 2nd floor lapdog position, which nobody respects. Hoffman should have left with Balkwill.

The Knight fiasco is getting worse, starting with media attention about the Locke case (with bad legal advise from Hoffman). Hoffman's fingerprints are all over Knight's bizarre legal decisions. It's time for both of them to go.

When Adolf Hitler left office, all of his staff left with him, although Heinrich Himmler (Hitler's lapdog) tried to stay onboard in a leadership position.[/quote:1ees6n8h]
    All of this stuff eventually comes out into the open. These guys like to hide their dirty laundry, but they can't, especially when it ruins the reputation of public safety. The Sarasota Sheriff's Office is outstanding, but it is constantly being ruined with bad leadership, to include bad legal decisions by Hoffman -- which explains Knight's el bizzaro decisions. Behind every bad legal decision, there is an attorney...[/quote:1ees6n8h]

Kurt will never win. Next!

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

Leo's,

Agreeing with most of this thread's posts, I cannot agree that Hoffman's legal work, sans integrity, is anything but superb. Working as a Senior Paralegal for my firm day in and day out, I'd like to inform you in law enforcement what it is to be a lawyer.

When Knight tells Hoffman that he expects a certain result, Hoffman puts on his thinking cap and makes his best argument toward that end. No lawyer is a guarantor of results. You win some and lose some.

I've had the privilege to spend a night on the 2nd floor conversing with Hoffman about law. In my mind, he's a legal genious, and nothing I have heard changes that opinion. Brilliant but unethical.

It's time for Hoffman to go. He was hired by Balkwill as a civilian and Balkwill waved his magic wand and promoted him to a 2nd floor lapdog position, which nobody respects. Hoffman should have left with Balkwill.

The Knight fiasco is getting worse, starting with media attention about the Locke case (with bad legal advise from Hoffman). Hoffman's fingerprints are all over Knight's bizarre legal decisions. It's time for both of them to go.

When Adolf Hitler left office, all of his staff left with him, although Heinrich Himmler (Hitler's lapdog) tried to stay onboard in a leadership position.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234