Kurt Hoffman for sheriff 2016? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Kurt Hoffman for sheriff 2016?

I know Kurt Hoffman. I donated to his 2004 Election. He is a fine man and would be a good Sheriff. As far as his "theft" from when he was a boy BIG DEAL. How many of us have done things in our youth that we regret?!

Hoffman only lost his election because it was 2004 and there were 5 people running and weeks before the election Hurricane Charley came. It gave the undersheriff, Davenport, a leg up as he was all over the TV.

If there had been one less person running Hoffman would of been CCSO Sheriff.

Absolutely right about him not wanting to be the interim-Administrator and lose the high risk retirement. Why would someone do something in the short term that would harm themselves in the long term? Is that such an evil thing? NO!

He was a reserve in Charlotte and had LEO training as well as a State Attorney. Once a cop - always a cop. Whoever is splitting hairs about a sworn vs non-sworn position is an idiot. Having a legal advisor that has LEO knowledge is important and most would consider it an asset. Only someone who is jealous would not.

Arrow Re: Kurt Hoffman for sheriff 2016?

[quote=...incestious...]

Here is an excellent commentary about Kurt Hoffman by "country roads" from the H-T website:

[quote="country roads":13epfwg7][quote=Longwoodrun]Speaking of cozy relationships, Commissioner Christine Robinson refused to recuse herself from casting a vote for Kurt Hoffman as interim County Administrator, after divulging that Hoffman is a personal friend and is the godfather to her kids. He got the job, but backed out for some administrative reason. [/quote]
    I am pretty sure that Hoffman pulled out of the interim county administrator's job because he would have lost the "special risk" or "high risk retirement" by going to a civilian job. In this day and age, that high risk retirement plan is irreplaceable. The bottom line is, if you work for 25 years (you earn 3% a year) and retire at a certain age, you get 75% of your salary from the average of your 5 highest paid years of service for the rest of your life. This is given to folks who put their lives on the line by being firefighters, deputies and EMT/Paramedics. In my opinion they earned it.

Teachers also get State retirement but they only earn about 1.6% per year. They will retire with much less. Here is a comparison of government high risk retirement vs. government civilian retirement in Florida:

[list][*][u]25 years[/u] of government high risk: Retire with 75% of your pay[/*:m:13epfwg7][*][u]25 years[/u] of government civilian: Retire with 40% of your pay[/*:m:13epfwg7][/list]
    Hoffman is is an attorney and sits in his office all day doing administrative paperwork, who [u]never[/u] responds to calls for high-risk law enforcement services. Hoffman isn't putting his life on the line at all.

Hoffman never went through a real field training program at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, so what happens if Hoffman goes into a 7-11 that is being robbed? What kind of liability is this county looking at if Hoffman responds to the threat with his weapon? What if Hoffman is at a restaurant and a domestic violence incident occurs? As a sworn officer, he has a duty to act, but what is he going to do??? At least a real officer has had field training training in response to these situations. Hoffman goes to in-service training and has firearms training, but that doesn't equate to a 16 week field training program.

This was just another good ol boy hookup. Now Hoffman wants the big chair. I think there is a special retirement plan for elected officials as well.

What a mess! [/quote]

[url="http://forum.heraldtribune.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18318&p=293958#p293958"]http://forum.heraldtribune.com/viewtopi ... 58#p293958[/url]
    [/quote:13epfwg7]

It's time for Hoffman to go. He was hired by Balkwill as a civilian and Balkwill waved his magic wand and promoted him to a 2nd floor lapdog position, which nobody respects. Hoffman should have left with Balkwill.

The Knight fiasco is getting worse, starting with media attention about the Locke case (with bad legal advise from Hoffman). Hoffman's fingerprints are all over Knight's bizarre legal decisions. It's time for both of them to go.

When Adolf Hitler left office, all of his staff left with him, although Heinrich Himmler (Hitler's lapdog) tried to stay onboard in a leadership position.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Politician
    I know Kurt Hoffman. I donated to his 2004 Election. He is a fine man and would be a good Sheriff. As far as his "theft" from when he was a boy BIG DEAL. How many of us have done things in our youth that we regret?!

Hoffman only lost his election because it was 2004 and there were 5 people running and weeks before the election Hurricane Charley came. It gave the undersheriff, Davenport, a leg up as he was all over the TV.

Absolutely right about him not wanting to be the interim-Administrator and lose the high risk retirement. Why would someone do something in the short term that would harm themselves in the long term? Is that such an evil thing? NO!

He was a reserve in Charlotte and had LEO training as well as a State Attorney. Once a cop - always a cop. Whoever is splitting hairs about a sworn vs non-sworn position is an idiot. Having a legal advisor that has LEO knowledge is important and most would consider it an asset. Only someone who is jealous would not.
    Well stated, very astute.

[quote=ruling elite][quote="...incestious...":3g2znr5z]

Here is an excellent commentary about Kurt Hoffman by "country roads" from the H-T website:

[quote="country roads":3g2znr5z][quote=Longwoodrun]Speaking of cozy relationships, Commissioner Christine Robinson refused to recuse herself from casting a vote for Kurt Hoffman as interim County Administrator, after divulging that Hoffman is a personal friend and is the godfather to her kids. He got the job, but backed out for some administrative reason. [/quote]
    I am pretty sure that Hoffman pulled out of the interim county administrator's job because he would have lost the "special risk" or "high risk retirement" by going to a civilian job. In this day and age, that high risk retirement plan is irreplaceable. The bottom line is, if you work for 25 years (you earn 3% a year) and retire at a certain age, you get 75% of your salary from the average of your 5 highest paid years of service for the rest of your life. This is given to folks who put their lives on the line by being firefighters, deputies and EMT/Paramedics. In my opinion they earned it.

Teachers also get State retirement but they only earn about 1.6% per year. They will retire with much less. Here is a comparison of government high risk retirement vs. government civilian retirement in Florida:

[list][*][u]25 years[/u] of government high risk: Retire with 75% of your pay[/*:m:3g2znr5z][*][u]25 years[/u] of government civilian: Retire with 40% of your pay[/*:m:3g2znr5z][/list]
    Hoffman is is an attorney and sits in his office all day doing administrative paperwork, who [u]never[/u] responds to calls for high-risk law enforcement services. Hoffman isn't putting his life on the line at all.

Hoffman never went through a real field training program at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, so what happens if Hoffman goes into a 7-11 that is being robbed? What kind of liability is this county looking at if Hoffman responds to the threat with his weapon? What if Hoffman is at a restaurant and a domestic violence incident occurs? As a sworn officer, he has a duty to act, but what is he going to do??? At least a real officer has had field training training in response to these situations. Hoffman goes to in-service training and has firearms training, but that doesn't equate to a 16 week field training program.

This was just another good ol boy hookup. Now Hoffman wants the big chair. I think there is a special retirement plan for elected officials as well.

What a mess! [/quote]

[url="http://forum.heraldtribune.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18318&p=293958#p293958"]http://forum.heraldtribune.com/viewtopi ... 58#p293958[/url]
    [/quote:3g2znr5z]

It's time for Hoffman to go. He was hired by Balkwill as a civilian and Balkwill waved his magic wand and promoted him to a 2nd floor lapdog position, which nobody respects. Hoffman should have left with Balkwill.

The Knight fiasco is getting worse, starting with media attention about the Locke case (with bad legal advise from Hoffman). Hoffman's fingerprints are all over Knight's bizarre legal decisions. It's time for both of them to go.

When Adolf Hitler left office, all of his staff left with him, although Heinrich Himmler (Hitler's lapdog) tried to stay onboard in a leadership position.[/quote:3g2znr5z]
    All of this stuff eventually comes out into the open. These guys like to hide their dirty laundry, but they can't, especially when it ruins the reputation of public safety. The Sarasota Sheriff's Office is outstanding, but it is constantly being ruined with bad leadership, to include bad legal decisions by Hoffman -- which explains Knight's el bizzaro decisions. Behind every bad legal decision, there is an attorney...

Just by your name alone it is obvious that you are a political figure and sore loser. He lost! Blame it on the storm or whatever you want, he lost. He was not a child when he stole gasoline from his employer. He was an adult and old enough to NOT steal from his employer. This is a major character flaw with KH. He stole, was fired, lied about stealing on multiple occasions and failed polygraph. If he was a 'boy' when he stole, he should have reported that as a childish prank right up front. Instead he lied and tried to cover it up going so far as lying during a polygraph. KH will never be sheriff in Sarasota. He has too many skeletons. If a 21 year old deputy stole gas from the SSO, he would be terminated. KH is not special. Discipline is to be fair and impartial. At the SSO it is NOT!!!

I concur. The Trolls on here never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nope
    I know Kurt Hoffman. I donated to his 2004 Election. As far as his "theft" BIG DEAL. How many of us have done things that we regret?!

Hoffman only lost his election because there were 5 people running. It gave the undersheriff, Davenport, a leg up as he was all over the TV.

Just by your name alone it is obvious that you are a political figure and sore loser. He lost! Blame it on the storm or whatever you want, he lost. He was not a child when he stole gasoline from his employer. He was an adult and old enough to NOT steal from his employer. This is a major character flaw with KH. He stole, was fired, lied about stealing on multiple occasions and failed polygraph. If he was a 'boy' when he stole, he should have reported that as a childish prank right up front. Instead he lied and tried to cover it up going so far as lying during a polygraph. KH will never be sheriff in Sarasota. He has too many skeletons. If a 21 year old deputy stole gas from the SSO, he would be terminated. KH is not special. Discipline is to be fair and impartial. At the SSO it is NOT!!!
    The fact that Hoffman stole gas while he was a deputy (from his CCSO employer) is bad enough. Stealing gas while in uniform is taboo and there is no excuse for it -- ever. If I went down to SSO fleet in uniform and filled up my personally owned car, would Knight fire me? If my name were Locke, then no, Knight would not fire me, based on Hoffman's legal advice, but any other SSO employee would get canned. Discipline is to be fair and impartial and Hoffman's bad legal decisions have turned this place upside down.

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

An affable, brilliant lawyer, Kurt Hoffman is less than an honorable one. Education is one thing; integrity, another. Tops in the former, he's on the bottom in the latter.

We had occasion to spend 16 hours with him searching the Dictaphone hard-drive for 911 calls. He did everything he could to thwart our search: Missing mouse, missing monitor, missing keyboard, missing password. Then when one of us blasted a 911 call of a clear crime in progress that rocked the room, Hoffman said that he didn't hear a thing.

It's public record that Hoffman helped in destroying computer files, including those sealed by court order. If only Hoffman could turn-about on integrity, he'd be ideal for any county position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sherin
    An affable, brilliant lawyer, Kurt Hoffman is less than an honorable one. Education is one thing; integrity, another. Tops in the former, he's on the bottom in the latter.

We had occasion to spend 16 hours with him searching the Dictaphone hard-drive for 911 calls. He did everything he could to thwart our search: Missing mouse, missing monitor, missing keyboard, missing password. Then when one of us blasted a 911 call of a clear crime in progress that rocked the room, Hoffman said that he didn't hear a thing.

It's public record that Hoffman helped in destroying computer files, including those sealed by court order. If only Hoffman could turn-about on integrity, he'd be ideal for any county position.

well said bob...

Quote Originally Posted by SSO for real
    Quote Originally Posted by sso4life
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Country Roads continues to be a moron.
    His writing looks very accurate to me!
    That says A LOT about your dumbass! :devil: :devil: :devil:
    True Dat!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast