Thread: 1980

Hi, retired state guy here. Was just on checking out the FHP forum and noticed your MBPD forum. I was assigned down there as part of a task force after the riots back in the very early eighties and met a number of good folks from your department including a couple of female officers who hung out together. Both seemed like nice young gals but I don't recall their names. One was a tall, slender girl with dark hair and the other was blondish. I think both mentioned they had started out in communications. Any idea who they are and what became of them? Thank you and stay safe.

Re: 1980

Yeah, they're both old, retired and fat. 1980 was along time ago.

I remember all the good work you Troopers did during that stressful time. Yes both of them are retired, one made sergeant not fat and is married to a detective, the other moved out of state and is married to a retired officer. Thank you for all your help during that time.

The Troopers saved the day during the Mariel Boat Lift. Many came from central and north Florida and were unaccustomed to policing a city like Miami Beach, particularly during a crime wave. I honestly think that we learned more from them than they may have learned from us. They were very professional, no-nonsense, brave and made amazing back-up's.

Quote Originally Posted by KIB563VHFKLL680UHF
    The Troopers saved the day during the Mariel Boat Lift. Many came from central and north Florida and were unaccustomed to policing a city like Miami Beach, particularly during a crime wave. I honestly think that we learned more from them than they may have learned from us. They were very professional, no-nonsense, brave and made amazing back-up's.

Yeap.
    That was before Affirmative Action hit the FHP and saddled us with all these Mutts.
    It has never been the same since and don’t expect the same results.

For the trooper looking to connect the Miami Beach Police retirees have a facebook page if you are interested please contact me via cjames27lt@aol.com I can direct thnak you