is NOW the time - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: is NOW the time

Re: is NOW the time

Quote Originally Posted by My 2 Cents
    I am so sick and tired of the chief and all the friends he has hired posting that it's all AA and Chaz, and that there are no problems in the police department. You can try and diminish the extent of discontent in this department in an effort to extend the tenure of this chief, but everyone knows the truth.

The vast majority of us would like to see the City Manager step-in and put an end to what has been our long department nightmare. If the chief and his friends are so confident that it's only a small minority of us voicing our displeasure then maybe the next step for the City Manager is to have the employees take a vote of confidence in the chief. In fact, the chief himself should be promoting this idea since he consistently uses the "small minority" argument. It only makes sense that he should be promoting a vote if he wants to put the matter to rest.

Let's get a true barometer of the state of mind of the employees. Shouldn't the City Manager and Commission be interested in knowing the truth?

As for this so-called survey that the City Manger wants to put forth, we all know how that works. The first order of business will be trying to identify who each survey belongs to so the chief can seek retribution against those who disagree with him (just like he has done with LEO Affairs posts). The survey is nothing more than a tool that the City Manager is going to use to say: We have identified the problems and now we can fix them......WE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!!

Lastly, I ask the City Manager and the Commission: How much longer are you going to allow our police department to be dragged through the mud and become the focus of scorn and ridicule throughout the law enforcement community. This saga is not limited to the City of Coconut Creek. The entire law enforcement community (their families and friends) is talking about the sad state of affairs in the Coconut Creek Police Department. We have become an embarassment in the law enforcement community, and through association, so has the entire City. Are you not willing to help us save face and give us back the pride normally associated with being employed as a law enforcement officer?

This is not a complex problem. There is a simple to solution to resolving it. Why is it so difficult to put an end to the problem and allow us to move forward and put this long, sad legacy behind us?

C'mon already!
    To answer your rhetorical question first, yes, they are damned if they do fire her, and really really damned if they don't.

The question is where has the PBA been and what have they really done.

You can apply the same complaint you had about stagnant promotion, good 'ol boy system, etc, to the current PBA, President Marano and VP Skirvin.
    Barbara Duffy won huge only to leave the PBA for what. Where did she go? Isn't that something we could have been told, by a sitting VP in our own department? The confidence left when Barbara Duffy did. With no explanation.

ANY lawyer, ANY para-legal, any R E P would not blink at the chance to N E V E R , E V E R have anyone they really intend on protecting, sign a "last-chance-contract". EXCEPT FOR DAN AND ROD WITH THE PBA's BLESSING. IS THAT WHO YOU WANT REPRESENTING AND FIGHTING FOR YOU AND YOUR CAREER?

So you get the sort of what happened to Lesley. Especially when it concerns an accident. As you won't be able to predict when it happens again. BUT IT DID.

Which brings me back to the original answer/question of this post.

Enforce this discipline, and you are making someone lose their job.

Choose not to enforce this discipline, and you will open Pandora's box of opportunity to once again show favoritsm, cronyism, paybacks, qui pro quo, and just a general sense of the few being protected. Pandora's box will say all of your discipline you handed out is means nothing. Like the 'officer' getting arrested for certain things and ALL of his cases are now in jeopardy. This is a corner you painted yourself into. This is a prescedent you do not want to make. It will not only resonate deep within this department, but a higher authority will have toget involved.

(6) MISUSE OF PUBLIC POSITION.--No public officer, employee of an agency, or local government attorney shall corruptly use or attempt to use his or her official position or any property or resource which may be within his or her trust, or perform his or her official duties, to secure a special privilege, benefit, or exemption for himself, herself, or others

112.3187 Adverse action against employee for disclosing information of specified nature prohibited; employee remedy and relief.--

(1) SHORT TITLE.--Sections 112.3187-112.31895 may be cited as the "Whistle-blower's Act."

(2) LEGISLATIVE INTENT.--It is the intent of the Legislature to prevent agencies or independent contractors from taking retaliatory action against an employee who reports to an appropriate agency violations of law on the part of a public employer or independent contractor that create a substantial and specific danger to the public's health, safety, or welfare. It is further the intent of the Legislature to prevent agencies or independent contractors from taking retaliatory action against any person who discloses information to an appropriate agency alleging improper use of governmental office, gross waste of funds, or any other abuse or gross neglect of duty on the part of an agency, public officer, or employee.

(e) "Gross mismanagement" means a continuous pattern of managerial abuses, wrongful or arbitrary and capricious actions, or fraudulent or criminal conduct which may have a substantial adverse economic impact.

(7) EMPLOYEES AND PERSONS PROTECTED.--This section protects employees and persons who disclose information on their own initiative in a written and signed complaint; who are requested to participate in an investigation, hearing, or other inquiry conducted by any agency or federal government entity; who refuse to participate in any adverse action prohibited by this section; or who initiate a complaint through the whistle-blower's hotline; or employees who file any written complaint to their supervisory officials or employees who submit a complaint to the Chief Inspector General in the Executive Office of the Governor, to the employee designated as agency inspector general under s. 112.3189(1), or to the Florida Commission on Human Relations. The provisions of this section may not be used by a person while he or she is under the care, custody, or control of the state correctional system or, after release from the care, custody, or control of the state correctional system, with respect to circumstances that occurred during any period of incarceration. No remedy or other protection under ss. 112.3187-112.31895 applies to any person who has committed or intentionally participated in committing the violation or suspected violation for which protection under ss. 112.3187-112.31895 is being sought.

Rife with the quid is they.......

6. The committing of any felony by a public officer or employee who, willfully and with intent to defraud the public or the public agency for which the public officer or employee acts or in which he or she is employed of the right to receive the faithful performance of his or her duty as a public officer or employee, realizes or obtains, or attempts to realize or obtain, a profit, gain, or advantage for himself or herself or for some other person through the use or attempted use of the power, rights, privileges, duties, or position of his or her public office or employment position.

It's a comin.......................... :cop:

Quote Originally Posted by My 2 Cents
    I am so sick and tired of the chief and all the friends he has hired posting that it's all AA and Chaz, and that there are no problems in the police department. You can try and diminish the extent of discontent in this department in an effort to extend the tenure of this chief, but everyone knows the truth.

The vast majority of us would like to see the City Manager step-in and put an end to what has been our long department nightmare. If the chief and his friends are so confident that it's only a small minority of us voicing our displeasure then maybe the next step for the City Manager is to have the employees take a vote of confidence in the chief. In fact, the chief himself should be promoting this idea since he consistently uses the "small minority" argument. It only makes sense that he should be promoting a vote if he wants to put the matter to rest.

Let's get a true barometer of the state of mind of the employees. Shouldn't the City Manager and Commission be interested in knowing the truth?

As for this so-called survey that the City Manger wants to put forth, we all know how that works. The first order of business will be trying to identify who each survey belongs to so the chief can seek retribution against those who disagree with him (just like he has done with LEO Affairs posts). The survey is nothing more than a tool that the City Manager is going to use to say: We have identified the problems and now we can fix them......WE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!!

Lastly, I ask the City Manager and the Commission: How much longer are you going to allow our police department to be dragged through the mud and become the focus of scorn and ridicule throughout the law enforcement community. This saga is not limited to the City of Coconut Creek. The entire law enforcement community (their families and friends) is talking about the sad state of affairs in the Coconut Creek Police Department. We have become an embarassment in the law enforcement community, and through association, so has the entire City. Are you not willing to help us save face and give us back the pride normally associated with being employed as a law enforcement officer?

This is not a complex problem. There is a simple to solution to resolving it. Why is it so difficult to put an end to the problem and allow us to move forward and put this long, sad legacy behind us?

C'mon already!

. .

The real issue facing this department now is that due to the of favoritism, retaliatory behavior, and gross mismanagement, every decision he makes going forward will be maligned by the past. Every decision he makes will be put under the microscope because the man has lost the trust of the troops. The lack of trust has created has reached a scale that he can not overcome and has led the troops to have a complete lack of respect for him as well.

I would like to think that with all of his managerial training the City Manager (as well as the Commission) knows that the most basic tenent of leadership is the ability to maintain the trust of ones subordinates. The only way that this department can move forward is with a person of trust to lead us forward. Without change, that is impossible.

"Don't blow," I'm told by my attorneys when caught drinking and driving. "You're already toast," they say. "Why give the prosecution evidence to convict you?"

So let me offer this to Chief MannTits.

Don't blow. I know you want to blow, you need to blow, hell you're probably wired to blow...

Just don't.

Don't succumb to the thought of having a vote of confidence. Don't give the opposition the ammunition that will be used to fire you.

Any vote of confidence, or in your case no confidence, will come back with a blistering tally of "fire the ****er."

Not. Good.

If you blow, you'll end up like the BionicDildo.

Well, besides fat, drunk, and stupid that is...

Like Bob, you'll have a really tough time finding a new gig -- especially if your future employers discover a certain high-velocity Broward based blog.

So Mike, just don't.

Blow that is.

Enforce this discipline, and you are making someone lose their job.

Choose not to enforce this discipline, and you will open Pandora's box of opportunity to once again show favoritsm, cronyism, paybacks, qui pro quo, and just a general sense of the few being protected. Pandora's box will say all of your discipline you handed out is means nothing. Like the 'officer' getting arrested for certain things and ALL of his cases are now in jeopardy. This is a corner you painted yourself into. This is a prescedent you do not want to make. It will not only resonate deep within this department, but a higher authority will have toget involved.[/b]

(6) MISUSE OF PUBLIC POSITION.--No public officer, employee of an agency, or local government attorney shall corruptly use or attempt to use his or her official position or any property or resource which may be within his or her trust, or perform his or her official duties, to secure a special privilege, benefit, or exemption for himself, herself, or others

(e) "Gross mismanagement" means a continuous pattern of managerial abuses, wrongful or arbitrary and capricious actions or fraudulent or criminal conduct which may have a substantial adverse economic impact.

ca·pri·cious
    Given to sudden and unaccountable changes of mood or behavior.

What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?

Buddha

save your boodha fo the bar

So, Chaz, Judge, whoever wants to weigh in, how does one go from prosecuting his OWN people ( 7 is it uo to?), like for running a VIN for a private citizen, to hiring , after Mann and his hiring staff already knew about this, very angry person, with this letter, paints a big red liability target on this City's back? Why should Rivera care, he only has a year or so left on his bloated contract? :wink: Why should Mann care, he's got 30+ years in the pension already (just ask, he'll give you his resume, over and over and over....), big ****ing house with a wine cellar :roll: .....? Speaking of wine, anyone still have that pic of the case of wine going in the back of the unmarked, assigned City vehicle??? ops:

This is a multiplication of the continuious negligent choices by involved in the hiring process. What redeeming quality does this dude have, to pass other people up in this 'buyers' market workplace that we needed to hire ****ing Francis from Bravo Company?!? "Anyone alter my life, and I'll start today, altering yours....." oh, and don't touch my stuff either.....

Francis... Now THAT is funny.

Here's the thing from my end...

Hinkley, er..., I mean McKickYourAss might be a good cop. Hell, he might turn out to be the great cop, since Arnold in K'Cop...

However... I am wondering...

Did anyone bother to call Davie and say, "What's what?" As I have heard it said, background investigations are now a very tightly run operations.

Though not to worry Chief. My "job" grants me more than enough clearance for such stuff, so send me Francis' psych eval and I'll give it a once over.

I will note that Davie indicated McKickYourAss's polygraph review/docs are not public records... So we will never know.

Finally, how's his driving? Anybody bother to check out if he has mad XBox skills on GTA? Or plan B -- what about an obstacle course? Instead of pylons, we need something more realistic (in the size department). To wit:

* Lexus SUV
    * Oil super tanker
    * McWhitebread's ass

Joker out.

Commissioners, please do not think we are ungrateful for what we have. We are all for this City and its citizens. We are almost there. Please understand we have NOT had a meeting with our PBA reps concerning our contract. We want Mann gone. We want to be happy and go back to enjoying being an important part of keeping this City great, fun and safe. That will not happen if prevent this. We need your help.

CKPD1967

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast