noncertified

Thread: noncertified

noncertified

Does your dept hire noncertified or do you go after certified canidates. I would love to sponser myself but dont have the time or money when I have a wife and family to support. It seems ten years ago almost every dept was hiring pure noncertified applicants. Times have change but on the other hand its a huge risk to give a academy 6k with no job guarantee.

Re: noncertified

Quote Originally Posted by lpdhopeful
    Does your dept hire noncertified or do you go after certified canidates. I would love to sponser myself but dont have the time or money when I have a wife and family to support. It seems ten years ago almost every dept was hiring pure noncertified applicants. Times have change but on the other hand its a huge risk to give a academy 6k with no job guarantee.
    you're not the only one...our feelings are mutual. everyone keep telling me to go ahead and pay for the academy but there's no way i'm gambling that much money for a PD, hiring or not. Inform me that I've passed the process, i'm hired, and I'll be more than happy to sponsor myself.

People put themselves in thousands (hundreds of thousands, actually) of dollars of debt to go to law school, medical school, and all other professional/graduate schools. Jobs for those people are just as tough to come by as law enforcement jobs are. My academy in North Florida cost me around $3000. A $3000 investment in a career that will start you in the low $50,000 range is a pretty great investment.

Quote Originally Posted by lackinglogic
    People put themselves in thousands (hundreds of thousands, actually) of dollars of debt to go to law school, medical school, and all other professional/graduate schools. Jobs for those people are just as tough to come by as law enforcement jobs are. My academy in North Florida cost me around $3000. A $3000 investment in a career that will start you in the low $50,000 range is a pretty great investment.
    Good point. At least the Uncle Sam is paying for mine so it's not actually coming out of "my pocket". Just don't want to waist that money but like I said, you made a good point

Quote Originally Posted by !?!)
    Quote Originally Posted by lackinglogic
    Good point. At least the Uncle Sam is paying for mine so it's not actually coming out of "my pocket". Just don't want to waist that money but like I said, you made a good point
    Come on man!