Officer Safety - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Officer Safety

Re: Officer Safety

I love how some washed up has been spends all his retired time posting on here. More than current people. I love it, keep it up its hysterical! Its like when someone calls a radio show to tell them how much they suck. If they truly sucked, no one would listen and if you didn't miss this terrible place you wouldn't post here.....

Quote Originally Posted by guestly
    I love how some washed up has been spends all his retired time posting on here. More than current people. I love it, keep it up its hysterical! Its like when someone calls a radio show to tell them how much they suck. If they truly sucked, no one would listen and if you didn't miss this terrible place you wouldn't post here.....

'Clearly you do not work there as he speaks the truth.

It has been that way for years as it is the way UCR works. Different offense locations, a different face sheets for each victim, one case number.

Quote Originally Posted by guestly

Typical Liberal response. When facts are presented that the Liberal crowd does not like they resort to name calling and ridicule. I still have property and family interest in Hillsborough County so crime rates in the area do concern me as well as how they are reported or not reported as they should be. Actually, if I didn't still own property there and have a couple of relatives in the area the whole county could fall off into the Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay and I wouldn't really give a damn. If you indeed do work at the HCSO this should concern you as well as the number of crimes reported affects manpower allotments for the street as well as other areas of the office. Higher manpower levels would mean increased patrols as well as increased visibility in order to deter crime. Crime rates are one of the things that are looked at when assessing property values in an area. I own and pay property taxes on several locations in Hillsborough County and that is one reason I continue to come to this site. As far as still wishing I was a LEO, hahahaha, never. 29 years total was long enough.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Read your first sentence...you are resorting to the same name called as the earlier poster. Everyone who is with HCSO is not a conservative nor are all outsiders liberal. You should do as you preach, state facts and leave out the name calling, profiling, and stereotyping.

Quote Originally Posted by as i see it
    People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Read your first sentence...you are resorting to the same name called as the earlier poster. Everyone who is with HCSO is not a conservative nor are all outsiders liberal. You should do as you preach, state facts and leave out the name calling, profiling, and stereotyping.

OMG, my washed up has been ass called him/her/you a "Liberal." I did state the facts about how crimes are counted under the UCR but you haven't even addressed that you just continue to preach to me. As for me I am retired and do not reside in a glass house any longer which is absolutely refreshing. I hope you live and last long enough in the LEO profession to enjoy it as well.

I am now a private citizen with several private investment properties in unincorporated Hillsborough County which I pay property taxes on. I would much appreciate the law enforcement entities within the county borders to count crimes appropriately and allocate recourse's accordingly. Being as under staffed as the HCSO is now affects the values of my properties due to the lack of manpower to properly prevent and deter crime.

Your retort.

The Nitely Blog,

I am a current HCSO Deputy and agree with where you are coming from, but let me explain the facts of UCR to you. Many current deputies do not understand the difference between Florida Statutue and UCR. UCR must account for all states, which means UCR may simplify certain crimes or alter them for reporting purposes, to make all states "equal".

Entry into a vehicle in the state of Florida is a burglary. However, for UCR purposes, it is considered a larceny - theft from a vehicle. For UCR purposes, multiple larcenies may be reported as one incident if you can "link them together by the methods used, time, the offender, and/or physical evidence. Time and Space are the keys to reporting these offenses as one incident. The investigation must show that the suspect went from one offense to the next, throughout the immediate area. If that occurred you can consider these offenses as one incident".

That quote is taken directly from the UCR Manual. The reason why crime is going down is because Hillsborough has previously OVER REPORTED crime based upon UCR standards. HCSO is now reporting accurately, which means crime is going to go down for a while until it hits the plateau.

To stick with the same example... the suspects will be charged and booked into jail on multiple counts of Burglary Unoccupied Conveyance per Florida Statute, and will be prosecuted (or given a nice plea deal :evil: ) on Florida Statute. For statistical purposes, the FBI and UCR will count this as one incident.

If they women broke into 5 cars in this neighborhood, then drove to another neighborhood and broke into 5 more cars two hours later, for UCR purposes you would have 2 incidents (not 10).

I hope this helps... although people want to believe HCSO is fudging numbers, we are simply following UCR guidelines which are separate and have no relation to criminal proceedings under Florida Statute.

Quote Originally Posted by HCSO Dep
    The Nitely Blog,

I am a current HCSO Deputy and agree with where you are coming from, but let me explain the facts of UCR to you. Many current deputies do not understand the difference between Florida Statutue and UCR. UCR must account for all states, which means UCR may simplify certain crimes or alter them for reporting purposes, to make all states "equal".

Entry into a vehicle in the state of Florida is a burglary. However, for UCR purposes, it is considered a larceny - theft from a vehicle. For UCR purposes, multiple larcenies may be reported as one incident if you can "link them together by the methods used, time, the offender, and/or physical evidence. Time and Space are the keys to reporting these offenses as one incident. The investigation must show that the suspect went from one offense to the next, throughout the immediate area. If that occurred you can consider these offenses as one incident".

That quote is taken directly from the UCR Manual. The reason why crime is going down is because Hillsborough has previously OVER REPORTED crime based upon UCR standards. HCSO is now reporting accurately, which means crime is going to go down for a while until it hits the plateau.

To stick with the same example... the suspects will be charged and booked into jail on multiple counts of Burglary Unoccupied Conveyance per Florida Statute, and will be prosecuted (or given a nice plea deal :evil: ) on Florida Statute. For statistical purposes, the FBI and UCR will count this as one incident.

If they women broke into 5 cars in this neighborhood, then drove to another neighborhood and broke into 5 more cars two hours later, for UCR purposes you would have 2 incidents (not 10).

I hope this helps... although people want to believe HCSO is fudging numbers, we are simply following UCR guidelines which are separate and have no relation to criminal proceedings under Florida Statute.
    HCSO dep, that is what NB was saying all a long. Today, HCSO is patting themselves on the back for a crime reduction when in many cases it is nothing more than HCSO reporting the crimes properly now.

HCSO and UCR have been in a hissy fight for over 20 years and finally HCSO saw the light.

But I can tell you that there are detective supervisors that are unfounding or reclassifying cases just to lower their unit's stats. That sir is a fact.

Maybe you should offer to beat up these supervisors you claim are fudging the numbers. Show them how it was done in the old school sort of way when there was a dispute.

No retort. I too retired from HCSO and still live and pay a lot of taxes to Hillsborough County. I also recognize the fact that the county is being shortchanged by HCSO in short staffing districts, having unreasonable hiring qualifications, and an unwillingness to encourage proactive law enforcement. I usually enjoy reading your blogs along with Average Joe so nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Maybe you should offer to beat up these supervisors you claim are fudging the numbers. Show them how it was done in the old school sort of way when there was a dispute.
    Today's motto is "If you can not solve it with your computer, NFL it".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast