water patrol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water patrol

water patrol

Hi I was wondering if anyone could answer how the officers that do water patrol choose when they want to jump on there boat and go out and patrol. Is there hours they are assigned or can they go out every shift when they want too is it at there discretion?

Re: water patrol

Quote Originally Posted by bigd123
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could answer how the officers that do water patrol choose when they want to jump on there boat and go out and patrol. Is there hours they are assigned or can they go out every shift when they want too is it at there discretion?
    Sorry-that is classified.

when are we not in the water ?

Quote Originally Posted by waterlogged
    That would be before elements of the Marine Patrol weaseled into power and ignored the land mass and wildlife component of the state of Florida. Hence the captive, commercial problems like big cats, pythons, etc. Next time (if ever) you see an airboater, or old-timer hunter, ask them what GFC/FWC used to be like.-I dare you

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlogged
    That would be before elements of the Marine Patrol weaseled into power and ignored the land mass and wildlife component of the state of Florida. Hence the captive, commercial problems like big cats, pythons, etc. Next time (if ever) you see an airboater, or old-timer hunter, ask them what GFC/FWC used to be like.-I dare you
    With exception of the Pythons, I don't seem to hear a lot about this captive wildlife you are talking about, maybe nobody gives a crap about it. I understand you want to put on your cowboy hat and go hide in the woods for weeks on end then high five the 10 others of you hiding to catch the guy who may have shot at a deer, but really, is that a good use of resources. We have almost as many boats as we do cars in this State. We are surrounded by water. Where should the priorities be. All the people I talk to remember FMP and talk crap about the old GFC as a bunch of dumb arses.

Quit whining and stop holding this agency back. Retire or change with the times.

What happens if you don't get your water patrol requirement? I don't think I will be getting my required amount this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh no
    What happens if you don't get your water patrol requirement? I don't think I will be getting my required amount this year.
    From what I can tell, you will be promoted.

Unfortunately...nothing at all. There is no accountability in this agency at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Unfortunately...nothing at all. There is no accountability in this agency at all.
    Sweeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by keysguy
    From what I can tell, you will be promoted.
    True, if you aren't on the water, you can be hobknobbing with the boss and going to Tally, while loser is out writing citations and making cases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast