Commissioner says no more police cars to Broward - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Commissioner says no more police cars to Broward

Probably not, your right however just replying to a know it all comment.

Banned

Its not a know it all comment, just my opinion. "They have worked harder" just doesnt cut it. There are just as many hard working officers and sergeants as there are lieutenants and captains. Some just can't pass the promotional exams and others choose to stay officers.

I agree with Mod 646. Lieutenants used to be job-based employees but not now. None of their take home cars have emergency equipment installed. I believe the policy for everyone under Major should be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 646
    Its not a know it all comment, just my opinion. "They have worked harder" just doesnt cut it. There are just as many hard working officers and sergeants as there are lieutenants and captains. Some just can't pass the promotional exams and others choose to stay officers.
    Passing exams is part of the job,maybe? Don't get your tail in a wad I for one know that the percentages of real workers does not have a rank at all. Liuetenants are job basis though as are capatains.

Banned

Lieutenants aren't job basis anymore; they can get overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 646
    Passing exams is part of the job,maybe? Don't get your tail in a wad I for one know that the percentages of real workers does not have a rank at all. Liuetenants are job basis though as are capatains.
    You're a jerk who needs how to use spell check.

Banned

Time to move on and get back on topic.

I believe the goose and gander should be put on the same plain. Rank should not exclude one from the general rule; the issue needs to be tackled from the perspective of common sense.

The only fair way to handle it is to come up with a specific cut-off. Whether it's the county lines, distance from your district, or mileage from the center of Dade's X/Y axis, the decision needs to be a just one, with rank not being a factor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I believe the goose and gander should be put on the same plain. Rank should not exclude one from the general rule; the issue needs to be tackled from the perspective of common sense.

The only fair way to handle it is to come up with a specific cut-off. Whether it's the county lines, distance from your district, or mileage from the center of Dade's X/Y axis, the decision needs to be a just one, with rank not being a factor.
    Good ideas, but I'd stay away from the distance from the district.

Maybe distance from the district closest to you? Remember when they first started limiting take home cars you could park them at the closest Dade county facility to you.

Make it fee based?. Not sure gables still does this but they used to have a fee based on how far away you were from their HQ building, ours is almost in the center of the county.

I don't like the fact that we now have to pay for a take home, but I don't want to lose it either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast