How not to use a badge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How not to use a badge

So there was this Miami Dade prosecutor who used his badge to get into a strip club. Guess what happened next?

http://randompixels.blogspot.com/201...orney-ari.html

Banned

Re: How not to use a badge

Like they really need badges anyway. Then again, firefighters, mayors, city council, mosquito control, and toll collectors have them; so why not.

Mod 646 your correct, they are like hero toys these days.

The badge is no more than a piece of tin. It is the man who makes it, not the other way around. The problem is not that certain public servants are issued badges; the problem is that certain people believe the badge gives them certain rights. Prosecutors go after criminals in court, and firefighters perform a hell of a dangerous service. I personally don't care if they get badges, but the others I see no point to.

This was one ASA who made the grave mistake of acting stupid with it. He's not the first, but it's a short list. We all know that we LEOs are our own worst enemies, and have many of us who have done some seriously demented shit while flashing a badge.

I don't wear a uniform or drive a marked unit anymore, and it's been a good while since I have. I prefer the anonymity. I have never asked for, nor expected a .5 on anything. I've sure as hell never demanded it, either. The less people know about me, the better!

And at a strip club?! Hell no...that's the LAST place they need to know who you are. Especially at Gold Rush; that place is owned by Gallardi South Industries. Look up the name "Jack Gallardi" and you'll see why that place is beyond dirty.

Above guest: you make some very valid points and I agree with most. I would hesitate to write statements like this especially if you have never really never been on the job? Also, your honesty is certainly at stake as well.

Ten years on the job, brother. I'm as honest as it gets. I earned my badge, and grew up around them. I have family in LE and FF; I respect both equally. I earned my badge and am proud of it. I respect what it stands for, and the history behind it. It is a SYMBOL of my profession and a testament to those who have come before me. It is an ever-present reminder of my status, and the sacrifice I may have to make. It is also a memorial to our fallen brethren.

Still, it is a piece of tin. It is just a thing. It does not give me my authority, or any special privileges. The badge has more INTERNAL meaning than anything else. If I do not respect it or accept the responsibilities that come with it, then it means nothing. But if I carry myself with pride and integrity, then it is my mark of honor; a mark of honor that I can carry on in a long history of warriors.

Stay safe.

On the side:

I did misspell the owner's name (now dead, as of late 2012). The proper spelling is Galardi. He may no longer be the owner, but he, his son, and his cohorts have a history of corruption. Galardi was almost a "Teflon Don" of sorts (on a much smaller scale), but was mob connected. No matter who owns it now, I have yet to come across a trustworthy titty bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Ten years on the job, brother. I'm as honest as it gets. I earned my badge, and grew up around them. I have family in LE and FF; I respect both equally. I earned my badge and am proud of it. I respect what it stands for, and the history behind it. It is a SYMBOL of my profession and a testament to those who have come before me. It is an ever-present reminder of my status, and the sacrifice I may have to make. It is also a memorial to our fallen brethren.

Still, it is a piece of tin. It is just a thing. It does not give me my authority, or any special privileges. The badge has more INTERNAL meaning than anything else. If I do not respect it or accept the responsibilities that come with it, then it means nothing. But if I carry myself with pride and integrity, then it is my mark of honor; a mark of honor that I can carry on in a long history of warriors.

Stay safe.

On the side:

I did misspell the owner's name (now dead, as of late 2012). The proper spelling is Galardi. He may no longer be the owner, but he, his son, and his cohorts have a history of corruption. Galardi was almost a "Teflon Don" of sorts (on a much smaller scale), but was mob connected. No matter who owns it now, I have yet to come across a trustworthy titty bar.

Wow. 10 whole years. Go get'em grasshopper.
    Get back to your anonymous desk job and keep hitting refresh to make sure you've kept up with those dangerous emails.

I'm as honest as it gets.

Thanks for reassuring my instincts; you are a douche.

Wow, you two are assholes. I can smell you from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Stay safe.

On the side:

All sounds great and I respect the words and sentment fully hopefully the majority does as well.Does not matter where you work or how many years we should all believe in the words you have written. I will not question your honesty or integrity again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast