Oppose the Gun Ban

Oppose the Gun Ban

It appears that the liberals are going to make the biggest push in American history to violate our Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms. It is going far beyond an "assault weapon" ban. The mayor of Dallas, Texas, has called for a ban of ALL semi-automatic weapons. You can fight back in two ways.

1. Join the National Rifle Association. Their effectiveness in lobbying Congress grows as their membership grows.

2. Write to your two federal Senators and to your federal Representative expressing your opposition to the proposed "assault weapon" ban which bans guns because of cosmetic differences from sporting semi-automatic rifles.

This is urgent. DO IT.

You can find the names and addresses of your Senators and Representative at a link in the left hand column at the Library of Congress website
    http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.php

The NRA can be found on the Internet at
    http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg

Re: Oppose the Gun Ban

I hope you are all aware that the proposed federal gun bans will NOT have an exception for law enforcement officers' privately owned firearms. It is imperative that you oppose the ban if you want to continue to own a variety of firearms and magazines.

Here is the message I sent to Democratic Senator Bill Nelson, an anti-gun advocate. He may ignore it, but the more letters of this type he gets the more he may be affected regarding how aggressively he pursues new gun ban measures. Please consider sending a similar letter to him, as well as one to Republican Senator Marco Rubio to support him in his opposition to a gun ban, and to your particular House of Representatives congressman for your district.

Senator, I have spent around forty years in law enforcement including being a deputy sheriff in Florida and a Federal Agent.

I vehemently oppose a new ban on semi-automatic firearms, particularly on those that appear similar to combat weapons cosmetically but function identically to other sporting firearms.

The height of stupidity would be to ban high capacity firearms magazines. Such a ban would not affect criminals because they already own the magazines. Only law abiding citizens would conform to the ban, leaving them outgunned by the criminals.

I realize the Democratic posture is to ban semi-automatic weapons and high capacity magazines, but I appeal to you to go contrary to the party position because that position is detrimental to law abiding citizens.

Thank you for your consideration.

I have been a law abiding person my entire life as a soldier in the U.S. Army and then as a LEO of many years and I continue to be law abiding in retirement. That said, if a so called law is passed that states that I am required to turn in my firearms I guess I will then be classified as a criminal because I aint giving up my guns. So I guess the saying is correct then, "If guns are banned then only criminals will have guns."