New Chief in Over Her Head Already! - Page 4
Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Re: New Chief in Over Her Head Already!

Quote Originally Posted by whoops
    I may b wrong but don't think I am but I don't believe our new chief is Fla certified yet. She has yet to go thru the equivalent training or take the state exam. Kind of funny how shes been out rolling around armed and dangerous.
    If so that is not legal. Once she passes the equivalency training she can be hired at on a TEA as required by FDLE untill she passes the State Exam.

Bet FDLE would have a Cow if they found out. And just think of the liability the City is accepting for her to illegally carry!!

Why don't you, or someone w/ a 'Shield', arrest her for carrying a concealed weapon (or carrying w/o a permit)?

Zhit would hit the fan if we were talkin bout a civilian!

Sad & Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whoops
    I may b wrong but don't think I am but I don't believe our new chief is Fla certified yet. She has yet to go thru the equivalent training or take the state exam. Kind of funny how shes been out rolling around armed and dangerous.
    If so that is not legal. Once she passes the equivalency training she can be hired at on a TEA as required by FDLE untill she passes the State Exam.

Bet FDLE would have a Cow if they found out. And just think of the liability the City is accepting for her to illegally carry!!

Sounds familiar:

a letter sent to SRQ President and CEO Rick Piccolo this month, signed by the FDLE's Bureau of Standards Chief Glen Hopkins, dismisses the notion that any violation occurred.

Carlino was run through the same criminal background check given to every airport manager by SRQ's human resources department -- all that's required for police chiefs who serve solely in an administrative role.

Carlino had one year to achieve FDLE certification as a sworn employee, which was obtained with the state July 28, giving him power as an arresting officer. All of the required background checks were completed in accordance with that process, according to the FDLE letter, which was obtained by the Herald on Tuesday.

Carlino couldn't be reached for comment.
    http://www.bradenton.com/2012/05/30/...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by SRQ 2
    Sounds familiar:

a letter sent to SRQ President and CEO Rick Piccolo this month, signed by the FDLE's Bureau of Standards Chief Glen Hopkins, dismisses the notion that any violation occurred.

Carlino was run through the same criminal background check given to every airport manager by SRQ's human resources department -- all that's required for police chiefs who serve solely in an administrative role.

Carlino had one year to achieve FDLE certification as a sworn employee, which was obtained with the state July 28, giving him power as an arresting officer. All of the required background checks were completed in accordance with that process, according to the FDLE letter, which was obtained by the Herald on Tuesday.

Carlino couldn't be reached for comment.
    http://www.bradenton.com/2012/05/30/...#storylink=cpy
    Correct as stated in the article. She can be hired as an Administrator without arrest authority ie no badge or gun until she is certified by the State or obtains a TEA.

It's illegal for her to carry.

My point was that having sex on duty is grounds for losing your Florida Law Enforcement Certificate. That being said, if the Chief left Baltimore County for that reason, it may prevent her from becoming certified.

No one is going to arrest her for carrying a weapon.

We have a new Chief? I thought Lt. RB just got a new hat......hmmm weird.

I don't understand why the HT has not jumped on this. If this is true then her hire was a total dissssss-service to the community and to SPD.

We all know the HT won't jump on this story. I would like to think that Mr. Barwin might be a little concerned about his selection. It also hard to believe that Commissioner Snyder being a retired LE would ignore this situation. If the allegations are true, then the new Chief failed to disclose the information during the selection process. I think we deserve to know the truth.

Absolutely right. If in fact the allegations are true, and it wont take much to verify them, then not only should dipino be fired, but barwin should find his rear end in a sling as well.

Whats even sadder is the chief riding around with her dog in her issued police vehicle and bringing her dog to the office to piss all over the floor. Real professional huh???? She is a laughing stock and doesnt even know it.

SARASOTA - City Manager Tom Barwin and Police Chief Bernadette DiPino, two of Sarasota’s new leaders, will be featured during a Herald-Tribune Hot Topics Forum Tuesday.

Barwin and DiPino will be on stage for an in-depth conversation with Herald-Tribune Opinion Editor Tom Tryon. Questions from the audience will follow.

The forum will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Mildred Sainer Pavilion on the New College of Florida campus, 5313 Bay Shore Road (just south of Ringling Museum of Art).

The event is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. Please reserve a seat by calling (941) 361-4065 or emailing hottopics@heraldtribune.com.

Too bad officers are not allowed to attend and ask questions. Mr. Tyron I challenge you as a reporter to ask the difficult questions and resolve this issue. I issue the same challenge to the citizens reading this forum, attend this meeting and demand an answer.

Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast