Target training on own property

Target training on own property

Hey Guys,

I live out of Lakeland city limits and was wondering if its okay to shoot a .22LR pistol for target training? And what precautions do I need to set up to safely fire my weapon?

Re: Target training on own property

Not unless you want a visit from PCSO. :wink:

I need more specifics then that.

if you live in the country and there are no houses or buildings near by and you have a safe place to shoot back stop etc etc have fun and be safe.....

Quote Originally Posted by s---14
    if you live in the country and there are no houses or buildings near by and you have a safe place to shoot back stop etc etc have fun and be safe.....
    The original poster didn't provide much information regarding whether he lives in or near a residential area, near a roadway, businesses etc. Leaves a lot to be assumed and appears he wants a definite answer to a very broad question.
    Just to add to the above post... Even if you live in the boonies you better make darn sure that the range of your weapon will not reach another residence or person who may/could be walking around with their new Walmart special looking to shoot a few practice rounds. Cause you shoot someone with that "now I got me one can't wait to shoot it" Walmart special you are going to be sittin' in a cage for quite some time. Back stops are great as long as you don't miss it...

If you miss it, you need more practice.... catch 22? :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by s---14
    The original poster didn't provide much information regarding whether he lives in or near a residential area, near a roadway, businesses etc. Leaves a lot to be assumed and appears he wants a definite answer to a very broad question.
    Just to add to the above post... Even if you live in the boonies you better make darn sure that the range of your weapon will not reach another residence or person who may/could be walking around with their new Walmart special looking to shoot a few practice rounds. Cause you shoot someone with that "now I got me one can't wait to shoot it" Walmart special you are going to be sittin' in a cage for quite some time. Back stops are great as long as you don't miss it...
    That's all the information I needed. I'm starting to think its worth the $2**.00 dollars for a membership at shoot straight. Not to big on Walmart guns lol. though their Remington 700 rifles are looking decent for the price.

Anyone know is PCSO offers any gun safety classes?

PCSO offers shooting classes to their deputies and boy some of them need it

your thoughts of going to shoot straight is a good idea they will also beable to hook you up with a safety course

Call 863-298-6200 and ask for training, they will be able to answer the question
    about gun safety courses for you. I agree shoot straight is your best bet.