Officer Safety - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Officer Safety

Banned

Re: Officer Safety

I agree with most of the above comments. When I was on the road, before there was a serious manpower issue, I know of a few sergeants and lieutenants who use to handle calls and/or take 15's because it was the right thing to do. Don't get me wrong, there were others who thought it was beneath them. They were a$$holes anyway.

N.F.N.

From an officer that gets off at 6:00am, they can shove the 2 hours of O/T up their a$$. I've also been on long enough that the methods that you are suggesting are to be left to the rookies. After all the cuts, increases in healthcare, and lack of giving a crap by command as well as civilians, I am starting to turn into your typical county employee. I'm also maxed out in pay and could care less about monthly evals. I went year after year with "outstanding" evals and it has never done anything for me. At this point, it's just 09 qsk, and handle one case at a time without rushing through it. And before you bash me for it, remember that this is what supervisors and civilians here create. The corrections staff has the right mentality. Been to DCJ lately? 10 guys sitting around and nobody wants to help at all. They are dragging a$$ all the time. For as long as I can remember, they have always been the same way. They treat POs like shit, but then expect a break when we stop them on the street. I guess thats a whole other topic though.

Call the great John Rivera and his girl Friday Steadman they will handle it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Well thats all nice and dandy, but this isnt "back in the day". There isnt enough man power, and they rather handle calls than address the real problems. None of them have any balls enough to go to the higher brass. The higher brass doesnt give a crap and cater all the way up to the mayor. God forbid they lose their 3 hour work days at headquarters or cant go golfing on county time. What needs to happen is a hefty law suit on each level of supervision all the way up to the mayor. God knows that if I get hurt, my wife has instructions to pull the communication tapes for the whole shift and also the line up. So dont come over here saying about how its a reflection on one's work ethic in today's environment. You are either retired or havent worked the road in so long that you have no clue.
    Amen brotha.

Say it over and over again, the era of big County Government has ended, in a short time you will see the cities springing up and less relavancy of what we do.

N.F.N.

From an officer that gets off at 6:00am, they can shove the 2 hours of O/T up their a$$. I've also been on long enough that the methods that you are suggesting are to be left to the rookies. After all the cuts, increases in healthcare, and lack of giving a crap by command as well as civilians, I am starting to turn into your typical county employee. I'm also maxed out in pay and could care less about monthly evals. I went year after year with "outstanding" evals and it has never done anything for me. At this point, it's just 09 qsk, and handle one case at a time without rushing through it. And before you bash me for it, remember that this is what supervisors and civilians here create. The corrections staff has the right mentality. Been to DCJ lately? 10 guys sitting around and nobody wants to help at all. They are dragging a$$ all the time. For as long as I can remember, they have always been the same way. They treat POs like shit, but then expect a break when we stop them on the street. I guess thats a whole other topic though.

ThIs post hits the nail on the head.

Go the extra mie & they'll shove it up your arse.
    Kiss some arse and you'll get ahead.
    Not what i signed up for 23 years ago. Call me a slug. Call me lazy.
    I don't care anymore.
    As long as the eagle sh*ts every two weeks for the next two years.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nico
    N.F.N.

ThIs post hits the nail on the head.

Go the extra mie & they'll shove it up your arse.
    Kiss some arse and you'll get ahead.
    Not what i signed up for 23 years ago. Call me a slug. Call me lazy.
    I don't care anymore.
    As long as the eagle sh*ts every two weeks for the next two years.....

So you wonder why the public and elected officals hate you so much, keep being dumb and we'll keep cutting your pay and benefits..

Dont worry folks, nothing to see here he is not a real cop, and if employed by MDPD a waste

That may be what you think dude, look around and you should see how this plays for you?

Did “snaggletooth” allowed Operation Grinch Busters this Holiday Season?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast