Sheriff Steve Whidden hides prior criminal convictions - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Sheriff Steve Whidden hides prior criminal convictions

Am I upset because I quit before he was elected? No! But one thing you are right about is I was in fact a dummy. A dummy for trusting him. A dummy for beleiving his lies. A dummy for campaigning for him in 2008. A dummy for letting my personal, non leo friends and family campaign for him. Whidden filled my head with false promises and lies and yes I was a dummy for thinking he was being honest. You can look at my facebook page and see clearly what I am upset about! But then again thats why your upset with me right? Because I publicly talk about it on a webpage, along with other people.

Remember this conversation? "Just quit Tiff, I'll be taking over in 5 weeks and i'll bring you right back in. You wont lose money, your seniority, your position, nothing, as if you were never gone. Save yourself, Ronnie is going to fire you for supporting me"

(Am I upset I quit, no. Am I upset I was a dummy and believed this above lie? Yep!)

Regardless, my story along with any other former employee has nothing to do with the fact that he got caught lying on a application. I did not fill that application out for him, MV did not fill that application out for him, CS did not fill that application out, Mark Chamberlain did not fill out that application. Thats all on him!

If Marci was such a bad detective, then why did he make her a Major in his admin, ranking 3rd in command? Why in that news clip photo above he made her out to be the best thing since sliced bread. Yea, thats what I thought!

Regardless, I endorse Mark Chamberlain because his accomplishments speak for themselves, Mark has made me no promises. Unlike the other candidate, Mark is running on his great reputation and known leadership skills and not a bunch of lies and false promises.

If anyone has any questions or concerns for me you know how to reach me. One thing I know for sure, is that you ALL know I have no problem explaining ANYTHING.

Stay safe fellow brothers and sisters,

Tiffany E. Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by MarkChamberlain
    Have you ever heard the term: "the cover up is worse than the crime?" In the case of Hendry County Sheriff Steve Whidden we are presented with just that scenario.

Through research, it has been determined that Hendry County Sheriff Steve Whidden deliberately falsified his application for employment with the Clewiston Police Department prior to being elected Sheriff in 2008.

The Clewiston Police Department hired Whidden in early 2005 as a police officer, a position he maintained until 2008 when he resigned to run for Sheriff of Hendry County. During his tenure, he maintained a patrol level position with no supervisory duties.

Prior to being hired, Whidden was required to complete a standard job application.

In replying to question 26F of the Clewiston Police Department application, Whidden was required to “List all traffic citations you have been issued.” He listed six citations including, failure to show drivers license, no tag, no seatbelt, unlawful speed, unsafe conditions and driving without a driver license.

Trivial matters, but a matter of truthfulness and integrity in reporting your background correctly.

Whidden checked "No" on his employment application in response to the “penalty/disposition” section of the question implying that he was neither convicted nor sanctioned on any of the offenses.

A review of Sheriff Whidden’s official DHSMV transcript revealed that he was formally convicted on at least five of the six reported offenses.

In replying to question 29 of the Clewiston Police Department application, Whidden was required to provide any “Arrest, Detention, Litigation (show all arrests including traffic, juvenile, criminal offenses.)” He listed no arrests – traffic, criminal or juvenile.

Not as trivial as a traffic matter, but still a matter of truthfulness and integrity in reporting your background correctly.

Whidden checked "No" on his employment application in response to the “have you ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement agency” section of the question implying that he was neither arrested nor convicted any criminal offense.

A review of Sheriff Whidden’s criminal history record revealed several arrests and misdemeanor criminal convictions:

On March 28, 1990 Whidden was charged with “Driving While License Suspended or Revoked” on Collier County Court court case number 9001562TMC. Having subsequently provided the Clerk of the Court with a valid driver license, adjudication of guilt was withheld and Whidden was fined $55.00.

On March 5, 1991 Whidden was arrested and charged with “Driving While License Suspended or Revoked” on Collier County Court court case number 9101139TM. Released on his own recognizance, he failed to appear before the Court on April 2, 1991. A warrant was issued for Whidden’s arrest in the amount of $250.00 returnable to the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.

Whidden subsequently petitioned the Collier County Court to set-aside the bench warrant, provided a sworn affidavit requesting traffic school and paid $105.00 in penalties. Adjudication of guilt was withheld.

On April 26, 1991 Whidden was criminally charged with Failure to Appear on Collier County Court case number 9102055TM. Prior to his scheduled May 14, 1991 arraignment, charges against him were dismissed.

On February 26, 1996 Whidden was arrested and charged with “Tag not Assigned” on Collier County Court case number 9601542MMA. Released on his own recognizance, he appeared before the Court on March 19, 1996 for misdemeanor arraignment. Pursuant to a negotiated plea, Whidden pled no contest to the criminal offense of “Tag not Assigned,” was adjudicated guilty, fined $125.00 and fingerprinted in open court.

In replying to question 29E of the Clewiston Police Department application, Whidden was asked whether he had been “fingerprinted by law enforcement agencies other than for arrest?” With the exception of his law enforcement positions with the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office and the Albany Police Department, Whidden omitted a response regarding his misdemeanor criminal conviction and fingerprinting on an official judgment and commitment form for the Collier County Court.

None of these traffic citations or misdemeanor criminal convictions would have kept Whidden from being employed at the Clewiston Police Department. All he had to do was properly disclose his traffic and misdemeanor past. He chose to be deceptive, though, in filing a false application for employment.

In his February 16, 2005 sworn affidavit in support of employment with the Clewiston Police Department, Whidden acknowledged:

“I hereby swear of affirm that there are no material misrepresentations or omissions in or falsifications of the above statements and answers to questions. I am aware that should investigation disclose any such misrepresentations, falsifications or omissions, my application will be rejected and I will be disqualified from applying in the future for any position with the Clewiston Police Department. If after my acceptance for employment, subsequent investigation should disclose misrepresentations, falsifications, or omissions, I will be just cause for immediate dismissal.” /s/ Stephen Whidden

According to the Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, falsification of an application for employment in the criminal justice sector is considered a misdemeanor offense. Penalties include a fine, probation or jail-time in addition to revocation of a law enforcement certification.

There are hundreds of police officers throughout the State of Florida who have been successfully prosecuted through the criminal justice system for falsifying a job application. Those that have not been prosecuted have been stripped of their law enforcement certification. They are forever barred from being employed in the law enforcement profession.

While employed with the Clewiston Police Department, Whidden maintained a position with a DEA task force. The official reason for him being removed was "inactivity and a lack of case filings."

There are rumors as to why Sheriff Whidden was really removed from the task force. Because they are just that - rumors - I will not go into them here.

I have never been convicted of a criminal offense. My record of truthfulness and integrity speak for themselves.

To learn more about my professional and educational credentials, please visit my website at http://www.chamberlain4sheriff.com.
    To hear Steve Whidden deny these allegations at LaBelle this morning caused me to change my vote. I saw this post last night and researched it at the Collier County Clerk of the Court. The story above is true. Steve Whidden does have several misdemeanor arrests and convictions. He also has several civil court judgments as well.

When I went to vote this morning, I ran into Whidden at LaBelle. In an effort to give him the benefit of the doubt, I asked him about these arrests. He flat out denied them stating that the Chamberlain campaign made them up.

When I went into vote, I voted a straight Democratic ticket with the exception of the Hendry County Sheriff's race. In that race, I voted for Mark Chamberlain. I don't know Mark very well but I cannot stand a liar. Especially one that lies straightto my face.

Shame on you Steve Whidden. Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Am I upset because I quit before he was elected? No! But one thing you are right about is I was in fact a dummy. A dummy for trusting him. A dummy for beleiving his lies. A dummy for campaigning for him in 2008. A dummy for letting my personal, non leo friends and family campaign for him. Whidden filled my head with false promises and lies and yes I was a dummy for thinking he was being honest. You can look at my facebook page and see clearly what I am upset about! But then again thats why your upset with me right? Because I publicly talk about it on a webpage, along with other people.

Remember this conversation? "Just quit Tiff, I'll be taking over in 5 weeks and i'll bring you right back in. You wont lose money, your seniority, your position, nothing, as if you were never gone. Save yourself, Ronnie is going to fire you for supporting me"

(Am I upset I quit, no. Am I upset I was a dummy and believed this above lie? Yep!)

Regardless, my story along with any other former employee has nothing to do with the fact that he got caught lying on a application. I did not fill that application out for him, MV did not fill that application out for him, CS did not fill that application out, Mark Chamberlain did not fill out that application. Thats all on him!

If Marci was such a bad detective, then why did he make her a Major in his admin, ranking 3rd in command? Why in that news clip photo above he made her out to be the best thing since sliced bread. Yea, thats what I thought!

Regardless, I endorse Mark Chamberlain because his accomplishments speak for themselves, Mark has made me no promises. Unlike the other candidate, Mark is running on his great reputation and known leadership skills and not a bunch of lies and false promises.

If anyone has any questions or concerns for me you know how to reach me. One thing I know for sure, is that you ALL know I have no problem explaining ANYTHING.

Tiffany E. Arnold

As Tiff just stated above, it was all said at the Harrelles' home on the night of the general election. There were several witnesses to her facts above. It was said just before Whidden called LR on Harrelles mobile phone to tell him that Burger King was hiring. Come to think about it Whidden also challenged Lenny to a fight as well. So that is true too.

Quote Originally Posted by Confirmation
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Tiffany E. Arnold

As Tiff just stated above, it was all said at the Harrelles' home on the night of the general election. There were several witnesses to her facts above. It was said just before Whidden called LR on Harrelles mobile phone to tell him that Burger King was hiring. Come to think about it Whidden also challenged Lenny to a fight as well. So that is true too.
    And he thought he was so cool to call Lenny with that...Start PACKING YOUR OFFICE STEVE...Nice arrest record too...we all make mistakes inlife but I never lied about mine. Good job Tiff...you did get the shaft as did many.

Thanks for posting Tiff! Your right, one thing we know about you is you will tell it like it is. Steve has never done anything to me personally, but on Tuesday I will be voting for Mark Chamberlain. Why? For people like you my friend.

Sheriff...I read those documents myself. How can you deny your history? You are obviously lying. I cannot stand liers...especially in our profession. I really do not know what happen with former employees as I was not there to witness the conversations, but court documents are court documents, or are you implying that Mark Chamberlain somehow went back in time and forged those documents? Wait, mayber Dwight Brock (Collier Clerk of Courts) is in on this as well. Get a clue sir, your denials are pathetic. Please cease to blame former employees or associates for your misdeeds in the 1990s and while filing out official documents for employment. Even if morons are somehow swayed to vote for you next Tuesday...FDLE will will follow up the investigation and you will be decertified.

I look forward to referring to you as Sheriff Elect Mark Chamberlain on Tuesday night Mark...

After reading through the many many posts on this website since noticing on Facebook the various mentions of it, I needed to comment on something as a NON LAW OFFICER.

My husband and I are retirees from up north. Yes I know we are yankees. We recently came to what we thought was truly a hidden paradise in LaBelle. When we vacationed here several times over the years, attended the Swamp Cabbage festival and other activities it reminded us both of the same small towns of yesteryear that we grew up in. Those towns do not exist anymore for us. So we were delighted to find LaBelle.

Since moving here we noticed the talk around town of the local Sheriff. We came here five years ago and remember Whidden running for the first time. We had met both candidates one evening in LaBelle, and we both made a comment about Mr Lee being up in years and perhaps needing to retire and enjoy life. Give the young man a chance. So we both voted for him even though we are Republicans. During the last four years there has been a huge amount of discussion around town about his operation and it seemed to us that an awful lot of people passed through it's employment doors. We like to remain neutral. We know there is always sour grapes when these things occur. But my husband made the comment as he was in executive management for years at a Fortune 100 company, that something was wrong with that practice. He kept saying this to me and other friends over and over and we just ignored him as we thought he was just being an executive hardballer.

We had heard of several stories of poor investigations as our neighborhood experienced several breakins over the past 2 years. Many guns and valubles were taken during these acts. Each time the Sheriffs Dept was called they responded but never ever followed up on the cases, never contacted anyone after, and never to our knowledge made any arrests. One of the families whom are evidently into farming locally somewhere, said they were very upset because they called the office on several occasions and never got a return call nor any answers. They even spoke to both the Chief ? and Sheriff. (I do not know the titles I apologize)..

I know this is long drawn but I am getting to the point. We also heard of several instances where there was favortism displayed for several people in town whom allegedly broke the law but the Sheriff looked the other way. There was also stories of actual arrests made by deputys and the Sheriff overrode them and released them without charges. My husband and I both just could not believe anything such as this happened in this day and age. We refused to actually believe anything like this would occur. We also had heard stories of well let us just say inappropriate officer behavior at some of the local bars or nightclubs. Since we do not visit any of these places we only heard of stories. My husband made the comment one time about calling the Sheriff and reporting it. The response to us was the Sheriff usually is present and is the worst offender.

Given all this we still gave the doubt to the Sheriff. Then a couple of weeks ago it all started to click. We were in a local restaurant where there is a bar as well eating with friends. It was a little late and the patrons were loud and having fun. There was a disturbance in the bar area and two of the men that were in a fight with the bar people, were told to leave and they refused. The barmaid said she was calling the Sheriffs Dept and one of the men starting laughing saying he owned the Sheriff and all he had to do was call him on his cellphone and all would be taken care of. The party we sat with explained who this man was and evidently he had a clouded past and was a local boy.. A deputy showed up and both the him, the men, and the barmaid went outside. After a while the men walked off, and the barmaid came inside crying. We heard that the deputy told her that they could not arrest the men as his boss advised him not to. She was extremely upset until the manager came over to her and talked to her.

Fast forward to this site. We started reading all of this information and granted there is some typical mudslinging. But there is also things that independently confirmed a lot to us. There is obviously some major corruption in this quaint town. We escaped this type of corruption up north as it engulfs everyone and nobody but the crooks win. Too many stories up there, and too many things that just happened with no excuse. But this was a big city in the north. Not a small town like LaBelle.

We are both voting for Mr Chamberlain. We never met him, but have reviewed his website and information extensively. We do know a couple of officers in LaBelle whom said they are who they are supporting. As a reminder to those who do not know, please do the right thing this Tuesday. You do not want corruption. You do not want crime like that in this area trust us. It is bad and it is dangerous. What is really scary is now we question whether we made the right choice in living here. We thought we left this all back north. But as my husband said, it creeps down here as well. This current Sheriff, evidently has succumbed to the practices.

We hope that whatever investigation is/will be going on eliminates all of these questions, we hope that the dept is cleaned up. We really like this area and certainly do not want to live as it was north. Please read the information. Please use common sense. Nobody wins except a few chosen people whom run over the rest of us. Restore our faith in this area, by doing your homework. I certainly hope that the majority of voters here are good hearted, honest and law abiding people. Not the corrupted ones who ruin life for everyone.

Just our two cents. Sorry for the long story. God Bless our town. God Bless you all.

It is a good story because it is TRUE and everyone in Hendry County KNOWS IT IS TRUE. Thank you. REGISTERED VOTERS..... DO THE RIGHT THING ON TUESDAY AND VOTE OUT STEVE WHIDDEN.

WHEN STEVE WINS IN A LANDSLIDE T.A. YOU WILL BE WRITING YOUR REPORTS IN PENCIL DON'T FORGET WHO HOLDS THE SMARTCOP LICENSE AND THE INTERNET SERVICES FOR THE PD WHO REALLY DIDN'T WANNA HIRE YOU! YOUR EX ASSISTANT CHIEF FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL NOT TO BRING YOU ON BUT SHORT STAFF AND NO OTHER APPLICATIONS TURNED IN THEY HAD NO CHOICE! BANKING ON CHAMBERLAIN TO HIRE YOU IS LIKE ME OFFERING A BRIDGE TO SELL YOU AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN SHE-MALE

Well well well, I asked him about it too, and yes he lied to me too, right to my face!!! OMG just get off of it and own up to it!!! Stop lying already!!!! We all already know its true!!! And for the love of god, LEAVE THE DEPUTIES AND CPD OFFICERS ALONE. STOP BADGERING THEM, YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST THEIR SUPPORT AND VOTES. Nothing you can do about that now, the damage is done. Such a liar!!! :roll:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast