Bal Harbour Police Corruption
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bal Harbour Police Corruption

Is this the Department connected to Chief Tom Hunker at the Bal Harbour PD? Beware of the huge Federal investigation going on and come clean if need be.

Re: Bal Harbour Police Corruption

This agency was checked and found to have no violations by the DOJ.

that is not true the investigation is not over yet and many receipts have been located and will cause a lot of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wrong answer
    that is not true the investigation is not over yet and many receipts have been located and will cause a lot of problems.
    I can believe it. Bal Harbour Chief Hunker has quite a bit of answering to the Feds to do and I don't think they want to hear how great he thinks he is etc.

I struggle to understand the whole situation. Bal Harbour is a really small community .8miles by .2 miles wide yet we have and please correct me if I am wrong:
    4 motorcycle officers, 8 patrol cars, a code enforcement unit, a canine unit, a police boat, quad bike for the beach, a back up comand centre and a mobile command center and a dective unit. What was the purpose of all this? Chief Hunker says "its because we are good at it" but I say the purpose was to expand an already excessive police presence. More resources doesnt mean a safer community. Its how you deploy those resorces. For years the Bal Harbour Police have been a law unto themselves. They used to openly eat at the bal Harbour club for free, certain officers have engaged in inappropriate relationships with housewives in the community, They speak to us the residents their employers many of us who are elderly in the harshest of tones, park their cars brazenly over our foot paths and hide behind bushes to give us tickets if our wheels dont come to a full stop at a stop sign. They are in short extremely badge heavy and have forgotten their purpose. To protect and serve.
    Why cant we have a patrolman walking ither side of Collins avenue and someone on a bicycle patroling the path by the beach. That would prevent more crime and make us feel safer than all the modern toys, weapons and equipment . Please remember who pays you and your purpose. I am petrified of the police department in Bal Harbour. I am a law abiding 50year old with a college degree good job and no criminal record. "Why do you yell at me when you address me? What gives you this right? Do you know how intimidated the residents of the town feel when a police officer who is armed to the teeth orders them around in such a beleigerent disrespectful manner? I ask the town and its elected officials to take a good look at the police force. Is this what we want? I for one say no. We need a scaled down focused polite police force who knows the residents and protects them with a good old fashioned police presence, not a bunch of oversupplied uniformed bullies who intimidate the residents who pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by FOB
    I struggle to understand the whole situation. Bal Harbour is a really small community .8miles by .2 miles wide yet we have and please correct me if I am wrong:
    4 motorcycle officers, 8 patrol cars, a code enforcement unit, a canine unit, a police boat, quad bike for the beach, a back up comand centre and a mobile command center and a dective unit. What was the purpose of all this? Chief Hunker says "its because we are good at it" but I say the purpose was to expand an already excessive police presence. More resources doesnt mean a safer community. Its how you deploy those resorces. For years the Bal Harbour Police have been a law unto themselves. They used to openly eat at the bal Harbour club for free, certain officers have engaged in inappropriate relationships with housewives in the community, They speak to us the residents their employers many of us who are elderly in the harshest of tones, park their cars brazenly over our foot paths and hide behind bushes to give us tickets if our wheels dont come to a full stop at a stop sign. They are in short extremely badge heavy and have forgotten their purpose. To protect and serve.
    Why cant we have a patrolman walking ither side of Collins avenue and someone on a bicycle patroling the path by the beach. That would prevent more crime and make us feel safer than all the modern toys, weapons and equipment . Please remember who pays you and your purpose. I am petrified of the police department in Bal Harbour. I am a law abiding 50year old with a college degree good job and no criminal record. "Why do you yell at me when you address me? What gives you this right? Do you know how intimidated the residents of the town feel when a police officer who is armed to the teeth orders them around in such a beleigerent disrespectful manner? I ask the town and its elected officials to take a good look at the police force. Is this what we want? I for one say no. We need a scaled down focused polite police force who knows the residents and protects them with a good old fashioned police presence, not a bunch of oversupplied uniformed bullies who intimidate the residents who pay them.
    Everything was fine,as you would like it, before HUNKER screamed in and corrupted the Village and the Police Dept. Problem is, because of all the money Hunker has distributed, formerly honest people are now corrupt- including other police depts

Who are those responsible for getting Glades County SO involved with the corruption probe down in Bal Harbor? :?

Quote Originally Posted by lost in the woods
    This agency was checked and found to have no violations by the DOJ.
    :wink: :wink:

Check out your buddy partners in 'crime'::
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/23/3 ... rbour.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast