Connect with TPD - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Connect with TPD

He said he said he said. For one all the things he said as you say way to many times we already do. This is something different. What you're not getting is the reason this song was picked. It was chosen because the song has been used several times and made in fun. It was not made professionally and was not intended to be. Let me guess your friend is a cop. Well guess what it's not meant to connect with cops. Once again you're missing the point. Ask your wife and kids what they think. As none Leo people what they think. But make sure you read the email that was put out on this video and so you could explain the reason behind it.

Missing the point? No dear you're missing the point of all the negative responses here. First your point (in the earlier posting) was it cost nothing? Well, did the officers and civilians donate their time or were they on the clock? Was any city property used to produce this mess? Oh, then it did cost taxpayer money - thought so. Next, who cares who you were trying to "connect with". It made us look like rank jokers not loyal, stoic, professional, caring, honorable, civil servants - THE IMAGE WE SHOULD PROJECT!!!.

That is why you are getting all the blowback because those of us who wear the uniform for a living believe we need to project an image that shows respect for our uniform, agency, city, state, country, constitution and the 20,000 who have died doing the job. If we degrade this what is left? Oh I know what will be left, filming the same video in Arlington National.

A few minutes of some officers time is much more worth it then people milking a call. You have clearly missed the point. So the next time you get out a little early from training, you better stay. You better stay in your zone until the last minute of your shift. It works both ways so save it. The time I'm sure over your career you have milked plenty of calls that well went over the time it took to make this video. This video is still serving the public and falls under public awareness. Each one of the employees in this video is entitled to break as you are. You chose to be negative and whine about a video they chose to reach out to the public and make a diffrence.

Stay safe and lighten up a bit.

And another thing for you guest, the next time you're in roll call. Take a good look around the room and I'm sure you will see some soup sandwiches of uniforms and unpolished boots. That's what hurts the reputation of an officer not this video. Have a great day and remember get in your zone on time and stay there until the last minute of your shift.

You guys should have shot the video at ihop or perkins where you take a nice looong 40... maybe even have the perkins or ihop girls get involved. Some of those graveyard girls look better than the girls in the video :devil:

Interesting point, I do like the idea of it but the production value was pretty poor. They should have had some USF, UT, or HCC students film and edit something. Ask the instructor if they can do it for a grade and in return we get a promotional video for free. Win-win.

Get back to me when you see some female officers within tpd to look at!

Quote Originally Posted by outback steakhouse
    You guys should have shot the video at ihop or perkins where you take a nice looong 40... maybe even have the perkins or ihop girls get involved. Some of those graveyard girls look better than the girls in the video :devil:

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

OK, I've been following this string closely and people are obviously divided on how they feel about the video. Such is life in law enforcement and thank God we have the right to enjoy opposing views. While the video may not be everyone's "cup of tea", some of the reasons given for not liking it are baseless. Yes, I'm talking about the comments looking for minority participants, better quality video, less cost, etc.. The video clearly has a good cultural mix of participants (including White, Black and Asian) as does our agency. They even threw in a couple of dogs, a horse and a couple of frogmen. As for people suggesting the video should have been professionally produced, that's not what's hot on the internet today (for this purpose) and they are out of touch. People want to see live video footage shot unprofessionally (i.e. from cell phones), mistakes and all. The fact that it lowers (or eliminates) production cost is a boost.

If you're not into computers, the internet and social media...if you do not understand these valuable resources and how they work...then you probably won't get it or comprehend the benefits from such a video. I'm not in the video, I wasn't asked to be in it and I have no reason not to speak my mind on the subject...but truth is (and I know some people don't agree with me) I rather liked it and thought it was a brilliant move by the department to put it out after a successful RNC. I took into account the target audience for the video and the purpose the department gave for producing it in my conclusion.

This is not the first police department video shot to music to air on Facebook or YouTube and it won't be the last. In my research on the internet I found the arguments to be almost identical while the videos have enjoyed exposure from the media. As long as they're done with good motives and a purpose (and I believe this one was), I think the pros far outweigh the cons (my personal opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by MO MONEY
    This video is very LAME. This is the new breed of cops that all departments are hiring. Why do we have to pay more for health insurance. DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS.
    Would you like coffee with your eggs and bigotry?

The unprofessionalism in the video is not the problem. It's the message our department is trying to send. That is, we are a softer, gentler and more approachable Police Department. In 2002, 56 officer made the ultimate sacrifice. Last year, in 2011, 174 officers lost their life. I have a strong feeling this is because criminals view police officers as softer, gentler, etc... I will not lay down and submit to this. We are not better than anyone else, however we have a job to do and at the end of the day I will be alive. All be damned if someone thinks I'm more approachable. I'm not. I'm at work putting criminals in jail. Working and doing the job I was hired to do. I was not hired to put in a uniform and accepts hugs. TPD, there are other ways of reaching out to the community and keeping up with the changing times.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast