Quote Originally Posted by Guest
What makes you special? The law should be applied the same to all. A few give the majority a bad rap. The badge does not give you a pass. This is why you lose community support.
Actually, I think it does; I have certainly earned the right to wear one and with that comes certain entitlements. And this is really nothing special because I give those same considerations (discretion / professional courtesy) to members of the public if they are respectful to law enforcement. And I don't give a crap what the public or the media thinks about it, as discretion is something every officer is entitled to use in his daily responsiblities. But I will say, those same public whiners will be the first to call when they need a police response to save them from the big bad wolf breaking into their house or when there is another type of emergency that they need the police for. Be thankful there are those officers out there that DO THE RIGHT THING and respect their brothers and sisters and their family members.