Local Postal Union endorses Bushong 10/11/12 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Local Postal Union endorses Bushong 10/11/12

Postby Guest » 10/14/12 14:45:58

"Nicely put, is this Shawn R?

No, Guest, I am not Shawn Ramsey. Your attempt at cleverness failed in both content and grammar, illustrating my point. Thanks also for quoting me. Again, you and those of your ilk need to elevate the discussion on this site. By continuing to damage each other with ill-considered, unproven, and irresponsible comments, about anyone, you do no service to your agency or anyone else. If you are a deputy, thanks for your service but give some thought about the kind of person you want to be.

Apparently few have a clue how a Union endorses a canidate, it is done by the members not by any single individual. Mike in his first run for Sheriff was endorsed by most Unions and then once he took power he turned his back on them. Which many canidates do. Not one person in a large Union can make their members endorse or vote for a canidate they all make the determination. Unlike the dictatorship we enjoy at the LCSO. Mike has stated his hate and contempt for all Unions even though he himself is a member of one and enjoys those raises and benifits. Pretty funny.

You must not be a member of IUPA Local 6071!

Quote Originally Posted by Lets get real
    Apparently few have a clue how a Union endorses a canidate, it is done by the members not by any single individual. Mike in his first run for Sheriff was endorsed by most Unions and then once he took power he turned his back on them. Which many canidates do. Not one person in a large Union can make their members endorse or vote for a canidate they all make the determination. Unlike the dictatorship we enjoy at the LCSO. Mike has stated his hate and contempt for all Unions even though he himself is a member of one and enjoys those raises and benifits. Pretty funny.
    Endorsements voted on by the members? Where have you been? We have 4 sneak a vote past the rest of the dues paying members. Your either from some place else or brain dead!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forthedefense
    Mod 610, if the TOU fails to prevent the unsubstantiated trashing of ANY individual for ANY reason, what good is it? Won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.
    From reading this thread, it is about a union endorsing a candidate and nothing more. As for unsubstantiated trashing, I keep this place in pretty good check and numerous people complain about my heavy handedness in enforcing the TOU so, I do not understand where you are coming from. Also you must look at the examples of TOU violations to understand what a violation is. Just because it is something you do not like in itself does not make it a violation

Example 1: Deputy Johnny Doe hates green eggs and ham, when in fact Deputy Johnny loves them. No violation

Example 2: Deputy Johnny Doe stops people for ________ (unlawful) reasons. Violation.

Last thing, peoples names can be used as long as it is not a slam. Example is in this thread. A poster asked if Shawn R was an author of a post. The poster replied he/she was not the author. No violation.

So being a Mod here is difficult with all the stuff written and somewhat challenging but not that bad. I just hate it when you all make me work for it...lol Everyone needs to remember this is an election year and people are very passionate about their candidates and will defend them at a great cost. I learned long ago, 2 things that will fire a person up is religion and political issues and we have 1 of the 2 here.

Obviously you have not done your research. This union endorsed only one candidate in the Primary, Tim Fisher and has now endorsed Lee Bushong for the General Election. I don't believe in coincidences. :arrow:

Quote Originally Posted by Not a smart move
    Obviously you have not done your research. This union endorsed only one candidate in the Primary, Tim Fisher and has now endorsed Lee Bushong for the General Election. I don't believe in coincidences. :arrow:
    apparently you have no clue the Postal Union endorsed Canidates in all races (Senate, School Board, County Commissioner, etc.) not just Sheriff, but obviously you have an vendetta or issue with someone.

I have taken the time to go through this thread more closely after some things were brought to light. To the poster who makes the allegations about the Postal union being influenced, how do you know and where is your proof. If not stop with the accusations. If you have proof, load it to a file sharing website and link here. If not....Well Put up or .......

Okay Mod 610 fair is fair. I will only state the facts. Fact 1 - Dan Gray is the Vice President of this union. Fact 2 - Dan Gray is married to a Lieutenant within the LCSO. Fact 3 - This union endorsed Tim Fisher in the primary. Fact 4- This union now endorses Lee Bushong for the general election. I will leave it at that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12